Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2014, 11:24 AM   #1

Water Line and Water Heater help....

I have a 1993 Cobra Cordoba. She's old but she gets the job done. I've remodeled 80%+ of the interior to get rid of that ugly late 80s blue everything they put in this thing!

I had some water line issues because I wasn't winterized one year because I was still using it. In doing so I've had to replace some stuff along the lines. Now i'm to the water heater. The heater is still good but I am in need of the bypass valves that can shut the water off to the heater but still allow it to flow past it.... I can't find these things anywhere! any links would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I would like to take the anode rod out because i'm sure after 20yrs its due for replacement. I'm scared of breaking the tank or messing it up, any and all suggestions for getting it out without replacing the hot water heater would be greatly appreciated!

As I work though it to get it ready for the little bit of summer use I'm sure Ill have more questions that come along but for now that is it.

Thanks again in advance everyone!
okcableguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2014, 11:31 AM   #2

Check out E Bay under rv parts, they also sell a socket for the anode rod also then just move it both ways till you get it out.
AKrvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:31 AM   #3

Howdy

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...r+bypass+valve
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:16 PM   #4

ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!

google wasn't being very nice to me today i guess!!!!

Is there a "special socket" for that or can i just use any socket??
Old 02-24-2014, 12:57 PM   #5

nevermind.... found a video online with a regular socket... just need to work at it a bit more.

and i was just outbid on ebay for my valves and line so off to buy one off amazon that is the same thing for cheaper lol
Old 02-24-2014, 04:20 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Hi okcableguy,
Consider using some penetrating lubricant that one sprays on and lets set over night.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi okcableguy,
Consider using some penetrating lubricant that one sprays on and lets set over night.
Will do... need to get it above 12* outside first
Old 02-24-2014, 06:36 PM   #8

Hope you did get a RV Water Heater Bypass kit and not just the valve
rv water heater bypass kit | eBay

Dave
Classic Winnebago Site: https://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php
Dave78Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:07 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
In addition to the penetrating goo, some times with these aluminum fittings, it helps to tighten and then try to loosen the fitting. If that doesn't' work, you might 'tap' the fitting with a 'light' hammer to help break loose the crud. Do not do this with a mini sledge or with a heavy blow...don't want to break anything.

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:33 PM   #10
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club

Glad to meet you!
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:54 PM   #11

Easy to make your own bypass it consists of two half inch t's and three shutoff valves cut both hot and cold lines to heater connect t's in both lines run a line between the two t's with one shutoff in that line attach a shutoff to each of the end of the t's and reconnect to heater. With hot and cold lines closed and center valve open you have bypassed your heater.
Elf111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:37 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf111 View Post
Easy to make your own bypass it consists of two half inch t's and three shutoff valves cut both hot and cold lines to heater connect t's in both lines run a line between the two t's with one shutoff in that line attach a shutoff to each of the end of the t's and reconnect to heater. With hot and cold lines closed and center valve open you have bypassed your heater.

That's what I was going to suggest, just make your own.

Cableguy, am I reading you correctly? are you in OKC? If you are, I have a pipe tap to chase the threads of the anode rod you're welcome to use if you want too.
malexander is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, water, water heater