Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2015, 08:10 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Question Water panel servicing on 2007 Coachmen Mirada

While camping this summer, we found that the water pump would not deliver any water. At the time, I lifted the under-bed platform and took a look, and the inlet hose to the pump was sucked completely flat! I decided I would wait until we returned home to attempt repairs. Fortunately we had a full hookup, so this was just a minor inconvenience while on the road.

We bought the coach last fall, but until this summer had only stayed at full hookup sites, so have not needed to use the pump. It definitely worked last fall, though, when I pumped antifreeze through the system.

I had a theory that the previous owner might have removed a valve handle on the water control panel and replaced it facing in the wrong direction. The fresh water tank doesn't connect directly to the pump. All pipes and hoses go to the water panel in the rear compartment on the drivers' side. I wondered if a valve that should allow fresh water to feed the pump inlet was actually blocking the flow. Winterizing uses different valve positions to draw water directly from an antifreeze container, so the fact that the pump worked for that would not disprove the theory.

I marked the position of the four valve handles on the water panel, pulled them off, and removed the six screws holding the front cover. To my shock, the cover would only pull out about a half inch. Instead of the valves being mounted on the back wall of the panel box, they seemed to be attached firmly to the cover, and I could not remove it. How could anyone ever hope to service a design like this?

For now, I will at least confirm that the pump works by connecting a short hose to the inlet, dropping the free end into a full container and running the pump. But I would like to do more. Certainly I could at least replace the pump inlet hose if I could get inside the water panel, but I have no idea how.

I expect that a professional repair will cost through the roof.
Any other ideas or suggestions?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2015, 12:12 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Ya have to wonder if there's a check valve between the tank and the pump that's acting up.

Dumb question, but I assume the tank had water?
Old 08-18-2015, 10:25 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Yes, the tank was about 1/3 full. The check valve is a possibility, but would not explain why the inlet side hose seems to be completely flat.
Any idea where I wound find the check valve? Is it just inside the wall from the the exterior water hose connector?

Tags
ada, coachmen, mirada, panel, water