Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2014, 01:58 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Water Pump replacment on 2006 American Coach Tradition

Does anyone know if replacing my water pump with one that is 55 PSI and 3 GPM will work well? The current one that failed is rated at 5.3 GPM and 65 psi. Does this only mean that it will take a few minutes longer to build up pressure when not connected to city water. I very rarely boondoggle and when do I don't need to take showers and have the sink running at the same time.
I appreciate any feedback from anyone who has experience with this. Thanks and happy independence day!

Longweekends is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2014, 02:12 PM   #2

These are a little pricy but you'll only have to do it once:

http://www.remcoindustries.com/RV/pr...uajet.php&c=27

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07

Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:03 PM   #3

Cutting flow by 40% might not be bad for you if you don't shower alot. That's the largest volume of water that's used. Anything else, you can wait on the pot to fill, but washing soap out of hair requires flow...so it's up to you.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:17 PM   #4

Typically the max flow rating is at zero psi. Conversely, the psi rating is at a very low flow rate like 1gpm. You don't get 3gpm at 55psi.

I doubt that pump will work very well since it is a lot lower than your old one. I would get one with similar specs as the one you are taking out.
Old 07-04-2014, 05:27 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubulin View Post
Typically the max flow rating is at zero psi. Conversely, the psi rating is at a very low flow rate like 1gpm. You don't get 3gpm at 55psi.

I doubt that pump will work very well since it is a lot lower than your old one. I would get one with similar specs as the one you are taking out.
Thanks for the advice. I agree that I should replace it with similar specs but of course no one locally has one and I'm going out for a week and would like to be able to have water while in between parks. Was thinking I could get away with a smaller unit as long as I won't b using multiple water sources at same time.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:39 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Call the AC tech line and ask them, they are very helpful.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:41 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat320 View Post
call the ac tech line and ask them, they are very helpful.

800-435-7345

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:47 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I won't put anything in my coach EXCEPT for the Aqua-Jet model 55AQUAJET-ARV.

My only recommendation.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 07-06-2014, 09:48 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

The pump you are looking at will build the same pressure as the original, and in pretty much the same time. Maybe 1 second difference from zero psi. What will differ is the pressure and flow when a faucet is wide open, e.g. a typical shower. The original AquaJet can deliver more volume and keep up with a large demand, while the smaller volume 3 GPM pump won't. You say you don't care about that, so it should be satisfactory for your needs. You will probably have to adapt the plumbing fittings to connect a different brand & model of pump, though.

You can get an AquaJet from a variety of online sources in just a few days. Why not get the right one for the job?
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 12:08 PM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
I won't put anything in my coach EXCEPT for the Aqua-Jet model 55AQUAJET-ARV.

My only recommendation.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
I went to look at this one and it says that it is being discontinued and referred to another one. No nothing about them. My MH is a 82 and I have had it for 3 years, I haven't used the shower because of a pluming problem,which I am going to get fixed. Will that one be big enough to take a shower using?? I need to get a new pump, I presume it's the orgineral, it works okay but has gotten very loud.
Thank you, Tim
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 12:25 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post

I went to look at this one and it says that it is being discontinued and referred to another one. No nothing about them. My MH is a 82 and I have had it for 3 years, I haven't used the shower because of a pluming problem,which I am going to get fixed. Will that one be big enough to take a shower using?? I need to get a new pump, I presume it's the orgineral, it works okay but has gotten very loud.
Thank you, Tim
Tim
Tim,

Google is your friend!

THIS was one of the first HITS when Googling "Aqua-Jet Water Pump".

Not a bad price but I didn't spend the time to really search for the cheapest deal.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 07-08-2014, 10:55 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks everyone for your feedback. This is a great forum!! Truth be known, the one and only reason I didn't replace the pump with a similar model is because there weren't any available over the weekend and I was leaving for a week trip in the RV. My mechanic was ready to install it over the weekend as we were out camping this weekend when the pump gave out. So I had to make a decision and I went with the smaller pump since it was available and so was my mechanic. I have taken a shower and used the toilet while not connected and I am not able to tell the difference between the old and the current pump. I guess if I was using multiple sinks and showering and washing clothes, then I would have a problem. Not very likely so I'm not gonna change anything. Thanks again for all your help.