Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2015, 08:12 PM   #1

Water system not keeping pressure and overflowing.

Hi All,

My first post and I'm looking forward to getting some feedback. I own a 2004 Coachman Mirada 29KS class A. On my last trip I filled up the potable water tank half full as normal. When I got to my site I then hooked up the city water as normal. After leaving for 2 hours I came back to the city water flowing out of the potable water tank overflow drain. I shut the city water off and turned on the water pump to use some of the water in the tank. My pump now cycles on every 30-60 second to build pressure. It's never cycled on and off before unless I was using a sink or showers.

I've taken the water valve access panel off to see if something was leaking but didn't see any issue. I then attached city water back up and turned the water valves to fill the reserve tank up again thinking something inside the city water hose connector was stuck... No luck.

Any thoughts on what would have caused this issue? More importantly, how can I fix this myself before paying CW? Thanks for any future feedback.
Timgunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2015, 10:44 PM   #2

Hi Tim
I'm having the same problem with my 1996 HR Imperial. I've checked the valve lineups (outdoor shower, etc) to ensure that is not the problem. Tomorrow I will remove the water pump and disassemble the pump end. I expect to find a ruptured diaphragm or stuck/leaking valves. Either is a minor expense to repair. A new pump is another story. Good luck with your Coachman.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:15 PM   #3

You have debris or a failure inside the water pump. You possibly can rebuild it with a new diaphragm or just put a manual valve or check valve between the FW tank and the pump.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 12:02 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Spartan Chassis
Shut your pump off when on city water?

Steph and Eden

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 08-19-2015, 01:03 AM   #5

My pump has a bypass valve to allow the fresh water tank to be back filled by the shore water connection. Does yours have one? Is it closed?

My pump would cycle about every 30 minuets. I looked for a wet spot somewhere, :lol: none found. So I installed a camco 23303 on the output of my pump. The pump now cycled about every three seconds. Therefore, in my case, the pump check valve was leaking back.
spyderRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:46 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
You want to fix this yourself - go buy a replacement water pump as the check valve in your current pump is shot. Also, do not leave your water pump on when using city water.

If your city water connection has too high of pressure (>60 psi) it can force water past the check valve and overflow your tank. Adding a check valve or even a ball valve between you pump inlet and the water tank can act as a back up to the pump check valve.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water