Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 23
Water Temp Gauge Replacement

Hi, I need to replace my Datcon Water Temp Gauge. I'm told the part number is a 106328. It takes 4-5 weeks for Datcon to deliver one! Does anyone know of a replacement I can get? Or how to test the old one that consistantly reads high?

> 1997 Country Coach Allure 32'
> Country Coach Number 30086
> 4U7A5CH1XV1100116
> C8.3-RV 325
> MD3060
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Temp Gauge Operating.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	286.4 KB
ID:	19427  

mharner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2012, 06:25 AM   #2
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 951
You don't need a Datcon gauge. All you need is one that's the same size and type. Any auto parts store would have one. There are two basic types...mechanical and electrical. If yours has a small air tube coming into the rear of the gauge, it's a mechanical type. If there are only wires, it's an electrical type. An electric gauge has two elements...the gauge and a sending unit. The sending unit will sometimes die on you. It is screwed into the engine block, usually on the top of the engine somewhere and goes into the water jacket/coolant system. If you get a new gauge, it should come with a sending unit, so you should be able to tell what they look like. Also, sometimes, gauge failures are due to a faulty ground somewhere, so you might want to check your ground connection to the meter first.
2004 Tiffin Allegro 27.5 ft. P32 18,000 lb GVW. 8.1 liter. Workhorse chassis built May 2002. 21,000 miles. 2012 Jeep Liberty Toad. RVi2 brake unit.
Full.Monte is offline   Reply With Quote

replacement, water

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rain-water leak jasperb Class A Motorhome Discussions 15 04-11-2012 06:39 PM
Does a Grey Water Tank have a safety overflow? first5thwheel 5th Wheel Discussion 18 04-02-2012 05:50 PM
carrier replacement targaboat RV Systems & Appliances 6 03-31-2012 08:46 PM
2001 Ultrasport water pump NBM Damon 3 03-29-2012 06:36 PM
Hot Water on a 1990 Pace Arrow homeless Vintage RV's 7 03-29-2012 04:03 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.