Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2010, 07:35 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Water/Utility Bay Pics...

I know ya'll have pictures scattered all over this website but I was wondering if we could pile them all into this thread...

I have a 93 32' Class A, it has the "city" hookup in the wall of the MH and the FWT Fill at the rear right above the gas tank fill. I'm wanting to "organize" myself to open one bay free of nothing but my "hookups" for my electric, water, etc. I also want to make my water hookup control the fill on my FWT, then turn the valves to run water INTO the MH, and then turn the valves to pump pressure water staight into my black tank for rinsing. The way it is now, i have to run a hose through my kitchen window and into the bathroom to clean out the tank. in December in Nebraska with snow on the ground it's not a pretty sight when done!

I'll do the plumbing all myself, but i though if i could get some pictures of everyone elses setups i could compile together all my wants and needs that way. Filters, regulators, gauges, valves, piping, etc....

to anyone that posts pics, i thank you very much!!!!!!

Everyone have a great December, and thank you again for everyones help over the past 6 months!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2010, 09:57 PM   #2
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNiemann View Post
Everyone have a great December, and thank you again for everyones help over the past 6 months!
Since your motorhome is 15 or more years old look for answers from the Vintage RV Forum. I know it's a little early however some of those guys in there might have been there and done that already.

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:44 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Cant say if there all like mine, but my black tank flush, has it's own inlet.
Most dumping stations have a garden hose with fresh water to use for that. I wont even screw my pottable water line into that inlet!
Old 12-06-2010, 11:18 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNiemann View Post
. The way it is now, i have to run a hose through my kitchen window and into the bathroom to clean out the tank. in December in Nebraska with snow on the ground it's not a pretty sight when done!
How about something like this for the black water tank?

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:47 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
I also want to make my water hookup control the fill on my FWT, then turn the valves to run water INTO the MH, and then turn the valves to pump pressure water staight into my black tank for rinsing.

I realize ours is a late model, but here's what ours looks like:

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:07 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
i don't want to post in vintage because i want to see what the new ones look like... kinda simple put....

I already know how i'm doing my black tank rinser and that tornado is on the top of the list!

i know mine is older, but it is not VINTAGE lol. I'm just simply looking for "water bay" hookups and how the valves are setup on these newer ones is all, if you have pics, post em, if you don't, move along please.... if i wanted to see vintage setups i would have posted in vintage...

thank you NLOVNIT
Old 12-07-2010, 12:53 AM   #7
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
As you can see, we can fill the fresh, flush the black & hook up to shore water (the inlet under the sprayer) all in 1 section. To the right, out of shot of the picture, is where the black/grey dump connections are.

Since that photo was taken, Dave has put quick-disconnect sections (easily found in the hose sections at HD or Lowes) to the inlets so we don't have to screw on/off everytime we connect a hose.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:17 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

You generally do not want a connection between your fresh water system and the waste tanks, even with a valve in between. Too much opportunity for micro-organisms to travel into the fresh system. I believe it's a violation of NFPA 1192 to interconnect the two.

You really want a separate connection for the tank flushing system, with a back flow preventer installed. You should aslo use a different hose, just to be safe. I use quick disconnect fittings on mine, and keep a separate, self coiling hose for the purpose.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:24 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I found numerous pictures by googleing "RV Wet Bay" pictures. This also turned up and you may find useful: Wet Bay Re
Good Luck. Stay Safe.
"Philippians 4:11-13 KJV"
Rocky Larson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:16 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Larson
I found numerous pictures by googleing "RV Wet Bay" pictures. This also turned up and you may find useful: Wet Bay Re
Good Luck. Stay Safe.
Go to an upcoming RV show and take your digital camera. I'm sure you'll find all kinds of information.

Bugs
08 rev 42n
Old 12-07-2010, 06:12 PM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsrv View Post
Go to an upcoming RV show and take your digital camera. I'm sure you'll find all kinds of information.

Bugs
08 rev 42n
or since i'm beyond busy for that, i could just post here like i did and have these nice, over generous folks on here post their pictures of what works for them.. just because its on a new rv and some show doesn't mean that it makes sence and is favorably functional....

as for the same hookup for black and fresh, you are correct. i kinda forgot about the little things in life. lol and completely forgot about the quick disconnect hoses to make things easier!

Thanks again everyone for the insight and help. headed to the wet bay link that was posted.

Have a nice night everyone!
Old 12-07-2010, 06:50 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Chris,

Here's what I put together almost 7 years ago, and I am still kicking.

Photos attached.

I use a regular house Watts adjustable water regulator to make sure the water pressure doesn't spring any leaks in my piping. That's followed with a house water sediment filter, followed with a Travel-Soft water softener, and finally into the coach water delivery system. I have a Watts water pressure gauge mounted on the softener which indicates the static and in-use water pressures for the coach. As you can see the static pressure is almost 50 psi.

From the photos, you can see that there are two valves, one for the house water, the other is for the black tank flush. There is also a back-flow device in the black tank flushing system. Haven't had any micro-organisms or for that matter major-organisms enter the house water. Don't use it for cooking or drinking anyway, just for dishes, showers, and the toilet.

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Watts H20 Regulator.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	7064   Click image for larger version

Name:	H20 Filter.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	7065  

Name:	H20 Softener.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	7066   Click image for larger version

Name:	Service Bay-1.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	7067  

Name:	Watts H20 pressure Gauge .jpg
Views:	52
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	7068   Click image for larger version

Name:	Service Bay-2.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	7069  

Old 12-07-2010, 08:53 PM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
THANKS RICHARD! NOW IF I COULD TAKE YOUR SETUP AND MAKE IT ALL FIT INSIDE ONE OF MY BAYS.... well, i'd be one happy guy!
Old 12-08-2010, 01:05 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Here are some pics of my wet bay with a hard plumbed Sewer Solution
http://photobucket.com/sewer_solution

BobGed is online now   Reply With Quote