Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2012, 04:03 AM   #15

Just had ours done here in Florida for $370.00. Wash, hand waxed with Mothers Car wax. Roof included. Looks better now than the day we brought it home.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #16
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPMaly View Post
Hi, just received bid to wax and detail 39 ft painted coach. It included washing the roof, waxing the intire coach, buffing the alcoa wheels, dressing the tires and painting the steps and fender wells. All for $400. What do you think, fair price?
I think it depends more on the job they do than the price they charge. If they charge you $400 and do a great job then it's cheap. If they charge you $400 and do a lousy job then it was expensive. I try to do it myself, then I know what kind of job I'm getting.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
After this $520 fiasco by a supposed "professional" detailer with 25 years experience http://photobucket.com/Phaeton_Buff I now do it myself.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
After this $520 fiasco by a supposed "professional" detailer with 25 years experience http://photobucket.com/Phaeton_Buff I now do it myself.
After what I saw in the pics, you had to do most of it yourself anyway. If your retired, who cares how much time it takes.
FRR2EYW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRR2EYW View Post
After what I saw in the pics, you had to do most of it yourself anyway.
After $520 I shouldn't have had to do ANY of it myself.

Quote:
If your retired, who cares how much time it takes.
Easy for you to say. Try it with cervical dystonia.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:43 PM   #20

The point WAS that for the money, you should have had to do nothing more than sit back. I am lucky that I am still able to do the ladder thing with no discomfort.
FRR2EYW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
I would not have nice about this job. Did you pay the $520.?
lenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:58 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'm still able to wax mine. My RV port is built into a slope and I just built a deck along it to keep the mud off. Turned out I can wax that side just standing on the deck, just have to turn it around to do the other side and just use a ladder for the front and back which I do when camping anyway. I enjoy it and don't look forward when I no longer can.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
The point WAS that for the money, you should have had to do nothing more than sit back. I am lucky that I am still able to do the ladder thing with no discomfort.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenjen View Post
I would not have nice about this job. Did you pay the $520.?
Unfortunately yes, and in cash. They finished around 1:00 PM when the sun was still high in the sky, and the buffer swirls were not evident then. They didn't show up until the sun was lower shining directly on the sides of the coach. My only recourse was to leave a few bad reviews where I could, like this one RV Service Review
Old 05-11-2012, 10:31 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
I had a local detailer wash and wax and paid around $380. It took them an afternoon. I wasn't pleased withe the quality of the wax, so I researched on this site and loaded up with Meguiar's professional hi-tech-yellow-wax-liquid. A guy who does odd jobs for me washed it and then spent two days waxing and detailing it. Probably ended up costing me about the same, but there is no comparison in the finished product.

I think it is a 16 hour job to do right. The detailers can't afford to take that long. Just my two cents.
Kevin123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:07 PM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Wax and Detail

We have a 2000 Fleetwood Pace Arrow Vision 36B (38ft). Our 21 yr old son and a friend attempted to wash and wax the RV (sides and front/back only). The paint and decals are faded. Their job was spotty at best.

We'd like to do the job right, and hopefully, bring the paint/decals as much back to life as possible. What is the best product to use for this job? I've seen both Mother's and Meguilar's mentioned in this thread.

Where can you purchase these? Can you used a circular buffer for the flat areas w/o damaging the paint or decals?

What's best for cleaning the roof and how should the cleaning be done? Will cleaning the roof prevent the endless black streaking down the front and side windows? We've tried Rainex on the windows but it doesn't keep them clean or void of the streak marks.

Thanks for your help,

Jim and Susan
Merlin, OR
meant2shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:29 AM   #27

It is also about $400 here in N Fl for a 40 foot unit, wash and wax. May or may not do it my self.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:04 AM   #28

The quote I got from Lazy Days, Seffner, Fl in Mar was $750 for my 45ft coach. I passed on that.