Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2015, 10:50 AM   #1

Ways to Reduce Overall Noise Level

We just bought a Forest River FR3 30DS. It's a Class A, gas. We love it. However, it's a bit (a lot) loud - a lot of road noise, items in the motor home shaking, etc. I have put cushioning between the plates, bowls, glasses, etc. I think one of the reason's it is so noisy is due to having a vinyl floor, again, I love it for cleaning purposes. We added some runners. Any other suggestions???

Thanks.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2015, 11:02 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Any other suggestions???
Turn up the stereo !

(sorry, that was a give me)

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 11:39 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingndi View Post
We just bought a Forest River FR3 30DS. It's a Class A, gas. We love it. However, it's a bit (a lot) loud - a lot of road noise, items in the motor home shaking, etc. I have put cushioning between the plates, bowls, glasses, etc. I think one of the reason's it is so noisy is due to having a vinyl floor, again, I love it for cleaning purposes. We added some runners. Any other suggestions???

Thanks.
Howdy and welcome to iRV2! Sorry to say, but once you have cushioned glassware, pots, etc. and found random squeaks and rattles, you'll basically just have to get used to it. After a few trips you won't notice much any more, and you will learn how to better pack and insulate things. Enjoy your new motorhome.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 11:42 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I have never done this but I would if I had too.
I would take a heavy blanket and hang it just behind the front seats, It will keep the Heat/AC up in front and will cushion the noise from behind the blanket. Something pleasing, on-coming traffic will see it.
If you are talking noise from under the dog house I am going to add some sort of noise barrier material under the dog house.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 11:42 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Are the wheels and tires balanced? Do you by chance have 19.5 wheels? Are the shocks in good shape? (you said bought, didn't say new or year).

BigBlockTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 12:37 PM   #6

Ways to Reduce Overall Noise Level

If it has a traditional dog house between the front seats, you may be able to get some Dynomat sound deadening material to both insulate and knock down some noise. I believe it is rated for such an application but you could check. Good luck with the rig. I really have an interest in those and hope it rides well for you