Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2014, 08:16 PM   #1

Question We Bought The 2004 Beaver Monterey - Now More Questions

We are very excited to say we bought the 2004 Beaver Monterey that I posted about last week! Now for the questions....

1. While backing the coach in the first time at our home, our trailer hitch was low enough that it start digging into the gravel before the back wheels reached the curb! Can we use the emergency air leveling system to raise the coach up prior to backing up the driveway? We ended up going around the block & coming in at an angle. This only worked because all the neighbors 4 cars were gone. Any suggestions?

2. How do you get the awning above the coach door to slide out? We can't find a switch that seems to operate it and it looks like it is wired!

We have a lot to learn, this is our first coach and the gentleman that we got it from didn't know how to use a lot of the features. Everytime we asked how something worked he'd say "I don't know we didn't use that." To be fair he has been very sick & was selling it due to his poor health. We understand but still have a lot of questions.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts, input & suggestions!

TeresaOwen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2014, 02:56 AM   #2

Enjoy your rig. I love the Beaver coaches and I'm looking at some late 90's units. I'm a cynic, so I'm guessing owner said he didn't know how stuff worked because it didn't work and he didn't want you to figure it out. Hope I'm wrong! 😜 Time will tell. Join the Beaver Ambassador club, I hear they are great for info...

Old 08-14-2014, 03:21 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
To join the Beaver Ambassador Club you must first join the FMCA. To many "joins" for my liking and can bet lots more discussion here. Might try using the Monaco area as our era Beavers are Monacos...
Our unit has a manual awning over the door and we're not familiar with an "emergency" air leveling system so no help with your questions.
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 06:42 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
You probably HWH leveling. Give their tech support a call ((563) 724-3396) and they will email you the operating instructions for the system. Yes you can use it to raise the coach and clear the obstruction.

The switch for our door awning is inside the forward cabinet on the passenger side. You may find yours there also.
super_rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 04:15 PM   #5

We have the same model and the HWH control pane does have a "raise" button which we've used several times. We generally use it for entering a driveway that is too steep. It does take quite a lot of time to get lifted but it's a nice feature.
Let me know if you have any other questions I may be able to help with, I may have run into the issue on mine.

We really like ours, enjoy yours.

jerry
Old 11-10-2014, 07:38 PM   #6

Thanks Jerry! We are living in our coach now for the winter. About the one nagging problem we have is that we have not been able to locate the sat cable wire that is connected in the wet bay area. We spent a good amount of time trying to find it with no luck. Any suggestions on that?

Thanks,

Teresa
TeresaOwen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:50 AM   #7

I've never tried to add a picture so I don't know how this will work but there is a connector for satellite, cable and phone in my water control box. I don't use it because I converted all my system over to digital. I've removed all the old control boxes, tv's and vcr's so I won't be much help on how all that works.

It says my attachment picture is on here but it doesn't show just in case, mine has a wall plate with the cable and satellite fitting on it and is locate right between the fresh water dump switch and fresh water hose fitting. Also if you look in the cabinet above the windshield over the steps, all the cables converge in there.

jerry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sat pic.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	78704  
Old 11-11-2014, 04:06 PM   #8
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Congrats on your new to you coach many safe travels in it.
Have you seen this sticky in the Monaco forum may have some ansrers for you.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 11:29 AM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaOwen1 View Post
Thanks Jerry! We are living in our coach now for the winter. About the one nagging problem we have is that we have not been able to locate the sat cable wire that is connected in the wet bay area. We spent a good amount of time trying to find it with no luck. Any suggestions on that?

Thanks,

Teresa
On my SOB, the rear campground cable connection was attached to the video BOMB (box of many buttons) at the connection marked "cable" in the video compartment.

I later added an A/B switch to select either cable or satellite for that rear connection. The A switch cable connected again to the BOMB for cable. The B switch cable connected to the Sat Receiver in my scheme.

That way I could use the entrance for a portable satellite dish or campground cable dependent on the situation.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:09 PM   #10

Yes, you can use the air leveling to lift the coach to clear obstacles, but as soon as you go over 5 mph it will settle back down. We have a 2004 Monterey as well. It is built quite low to the ground and you will have to be cautious about going in and out of drives that have large dips. You will drag the receiver hitch. Always go at an angle if at all possible.
The switch for the door awning is in the cabinet over the door where the switches for the slide rooms and patio awning are located.
We have had our coach for 10 years and love it. Let us know if we can help you in any other way.

jollyjim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beaver