Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2011, 09:00 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
We replaced our hide-a-bed sofa

Just thought I would post some pics of our new furniture. We replaced our sofa & small chair in the living room with 2 Euro style recliners. The pics look a little crowded, but we did some more rearranging of the furniture when my wife came back home & we now have it setup nicely. We can place both recliners where the sofa was & strap them in with the seatbelts for travel. The ottomans will strap in under the table & the file cabinet will strap in with the seatbelts. I have been wanting to do this for a long time. We were at Rooms to Go sales store in Charlotte NC & they had these 2 matching chairs for $229 each with the ottomans. The lock handles were broken on both & they gave them both to us for $188 each. I couldn't pass that deal up. I went to Lowes Hardware & bought 2 new handles for $10 & we are set up for less than I could find 1 chair with shipping online.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Our Motor Home 001.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	225.7 KB
ID:	8089   Click image for larger version

Name:	Our Motor Home 002.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	225.8 KB
ID:	8090  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Our Motor Home 003.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	215.4 KB
ID:	8091  

dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2011, 09:06 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Dan it looks great. Just for interest...how did you get the old sofa bed out of the MH?

Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:22 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
The old sofa bed was bolted down to the floor with 4 clamps. We removed the clamps, cushions, & matress. The back of the sofa lifts off very easily & then I ran a strap around the matress frame to keep it from opening when we tilted it to remove it through the doorway. It fit easily through the door. It wasn't any heavier than any other 6' sofa, maybe even less.
But you know as in everything I do it always take longer than you would think. I spent all afternoon doing this. Of coarse with everything out of the MH we did a heavy duty cleaning & then where the chair was I had to add some foam underlayment to under the carpet & staple it all back down from where the pedestal was anchored.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:10 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Ok, I looked at the pictures again. Yours is a mid body door and not a front door so it is a lot easier. On the front body doors it is really hard to get them out. You were lucky. Again your MH interior looks great.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:05 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Dan,

That's what I've been thinking of doing with our coach. Our couch is narrow for laying on & usually my husband ends up there to watch TV. He's over 6ft & it's not comfortable. The rocker/recliner that's by our mid-door is what I end up in & it isn't comfortable either. I've been waffling between getting euro-chairs w/ottomans or going with La-Z-Boy or Lane recliners. Are the euro-chairs comfortable?

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #6

Replacing Sofabed With Recliners

Looks like a trend when setting up for travel for two persons in the coach. The first thing I did when we took delivery of our Travel Supreme coach was pull the same type sofa bed out and install two wall-hugger LazyBoy recliners in their place. Across the aisle we have a desk - above it I installed a 42" HD flat screen TV and tied in with coax feed (routed through the wall and properly secured in the basement for the slide movement). Now we kick back in the recliners and watch the TV directly across from us. Plenty of room once both slides are open.

In my case I detached the sofa from the floor (4 points as mentioned above) and then unbolted back/seat frame from bottom frame and armrests. It went out the door (front) with no problem in two pieces (very slowly and carefully, of course). Two fullsize recliners came in same way - slowly and carefully, but with no problems.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:01 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Mike, you are correct, we have a gasser with the mid door. I would think that to gain access in yours you would need to negotiate with the passenger seat or remove it. On my captians chairs there are 4 1/2" nuts that I remove & the seat comes off the pedastal. Before the new chairs I would swap the rear chair with the passenger captians chair so we could recline, But we always stay in one place for 3-6 months at a time so it wasn't a big deal.

Lori, we were very cautious of the Euro recliners because we had sat in some in new RV's that were not confortable. We were very hesitant to order over the internet so we started looking around at furniture stores & most of them did not carry Euro Recliners or did not even know what they were. We were surprised to find them at Rooms To Go. They are called Appolo But I don't think that is the manufacturer. They are also lighter weight than the Lazyboys. I really wanted the chairs with the ottoman attached & it swings up under the seat when not in use, but for the price we will deal with the seperate ottomans.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:19 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Thanks, Dan. I've looked at the euro's on the internet but, I too, won't buy anything without being able to touch, or in this case SIT in, it. We've got La-Z-Boy motion furniture in our home & I like that the backs come off for ease in going through doorways - so I'm kind of leaning that way. Also, most euro's are leather (or leatherette) & they're just cold all the time. I could get microsuede in the LZB's.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:31 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
very nice
we had similar chairs in our last fiver, beat the pants of the sofa any day
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:45 AM   #10

This is a project I plan to tackle when I get home in March. I have a sofa bed on one side and J-couch othe the other and plan to remove the J-couch. When I bought last march, I purchased a Euro Chair and ottoman from Lazy Days, that felt comfortable at the time. But over 2 trips, the lack of good lumbar support became very uncomfortable. So I sold it on craigslist while in the Keys.
I'm hoping there's some way to disassemble the back on the J-couch so that it will be easy to remove thru front door but I'll have to wait until I get home to unbolt it and pull it out.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:54 AM   #11

By the way Dan, we live at Lake Norman, you're only about 30 minutes from our house.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:15 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Billsmax, I wish we were only about 30 minutes from you now.LOL Tomorrow we head to Baltimore, I know that is the wrong direction this time of year. Hope the weather is nice in the Keys. Lake Norman, it's a small world isn't it!
Time will only tell if these chairs are confortable in the long run, But if not I can resell them for about what I have in them I would assume.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:08 AM   #13

Yes, the Keys is definately the place to be right now. It's been in the low 80's for the last 5 days, with more to come.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:19 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Dan,

That's what I've been thinking of doing with our coach. Our couch is narrow for laying on & usually my husband ends up there to watch TV. He's over 6ft & it's not comfortable. The rocker/recliner that's by our mid-door is what I end up in & it isn't comfortable either. I've been waffling between getting euro-chairs w/ottomans or going with La-Z-Boy or Lane recliners. Are the euro-chairs comfortable?

Lori-
To make it even more compact we were considering wall hugger type chairs so that we wouldn't have to pull them away from the wall to recline. The only problem that we see is that we have had a guest/s stay overnight and sleep on the sofa. With no sleeper sofa they would be on the floor in sleeping bags. Still, that is something to consider. We have a euro-chair, but I don't find it as comfortable as a real recliner. Just ideas that I am tossing around. Joe