Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2016, 12:47 PM   #29

Mr D you were very helpful in doing the research. You pointed me in the right directions. I was new to Moho's and I asked many stupid questions. This was in 2012 if you remember.
Thanks for that help.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2016, 01:03 PM   #30

Well even though I now know there is no problem anymore (I was calculating using the wrong tires, my real tires are well within weight limits), I thought I'd answer your question. The OCCC (Occupant and Cargo Carrying Capacity) is 4,341 pounds. The GCWR (Gross Combined Weight Rating) is 43,400.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDaveMA View Post
Jondrew,

Find out the CCC (Cargo Carrying Capacity) of your coach and if you are over the limit throw out some of the junk you carry, or get a coach that can handle it, just because you have the room does not mean you can carry it. 100#'s of lead weights take up a lot less room than the same 100#'s of feathers.

When you do reweigh your rig have everyone that normally travels in it in their normal places, that is the only way to get an accurate measurement. It is not only you and your family you are placing at risk but also the public traveling near you. As has been previously stated an overloaded coach is dangerous, get yours into compliance before you hurt, or worse yet, kill someone. You have publicly acknowledged the problems here on IRV2, fix them before you drive your rig any further, it is a time bomb waiting to harm someone.

Old 04-24-2016, 01:17 PM   #31

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew View Post
Thanks to everyone who gave me suggestions and did calculations. The joke is on me so feel free to have a laugh.
jondrew-

Happy to hear about the misunderstanding, and no laughs here- it's happened to me more than once!
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 01:39 PM   #32

Did new calculation with your corrected tires information.
Did the same adding of 150 lbs to the 4 point weighing for 3 persons and load.
Came to 115 psi front and 106 psi rear , and then with all the reserves I think is needed.
but still for max speed of 75 m /h wich is enaugh for your max speed of 65 m/h

but also calculated a highest pressure with still acceptable comfort and gripp.
For this i lowered the Loadindex by 4 to get the deflection needed for 160km/99m/h, but only for single load front lowered to 144 li and rear because of dual load already has lesser deflection so also lowered from 145 to 144 only for comfortborder.
Came to front 130 psi and rear 110 psi.
So this is the highest you need for maximum reserve for things like, pressureloss in time, misreadings of pressure-scale, etc.
then if real pressure ( not always what device gives) drops to ( also calculated for 65m/h so 1 li higher) F 111psi R 102 psi, you still have the reserves for the unequall loading R/L you weighed.
And so still save for the tires.

If you have a trailer behind ( thouth you mentioned it) the weight on rear axles gets higher because of towbarload , and more then the weight on that .
the front axle is lifted up a tiny bit by that so lower weight on front.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:40 PM   #33

Thanks for the info. 115 front and 105 rest are the recommended inflation pressures on the coach plackard, so it looks like your numbers are right on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadatis View Post
Did new calculation with your corrected tires information.
Did the same adding of 150 lbs to the 4 point weighing for 3 persons and load.
Came to 115 psi front and 106 psi rear , and then with all the reserves I think is needed.
but still for max speed of 75 m /h wich is enaugh for your max speed of 65 m/h

but also calculated a highest pressure with still acceptable comfort and gripp.
For this i lowered the Loadindex by 4 to get the deflection needed for 160km/99m/h, but only for single load front lowered to 144 li and rear because of dual load already has lesser deflection so also lowered from 145 to 144 only for comfortborder.
Came to front 130 psi and rear 110 psi.
So this is the highest you need for maximum reserve for things like, pressureloss in time, misreadings of pressure-scale, etc.
then if real pressure ( not always what device gives) drops to ( also calculated for 65m/h so 1 li higher) F 111psi R 102 psi, you still have the reserves for the unequall loading R/L you weighed.
And so still save for the tires.

If you have a trailer behind ( thouth you mentioned it) the weight on rear axles gets higher because of towbarload , and more then the weight on that .
the front axle is lifted up a tiny bit by that so lower weight on front.
Old 04-25-2016, 06:37 AM   #34

I would rather advice you to use the 130 psi front and 110 psi rear, or if you dont want to go over the At-pressure of 125 psi use that in front.
Many pressure devices are not that accurate , 5% off is pretty common.
so if you think to fill to that 125 and 110 psi , in real it can be 119 F and 105 rear and this still in the save zone for your maximum speed of 65m/h, because above F111/R102psi.

If your device is though 100% accurate ( never read they gave to low pressure), this 125F/110R is still with acceptable gripp and comfort.

If then comfort is not wat you want, you can lower it a bit.
Because driver and passenger mostly are seated close to the front axle, to high pressure front is giving discomfort , to high rear is not that soon noticed as discomfort.
Also for tirewear, there is a large range in wich no centre-wear .

For fuel saving high pressure has marginal positive effect.
the streamline of a motorhome can be compared to a shoebox on wheels, so that gives the most fuel-consumption, the rolingresistence is in compare to that peanuts.

Tags
tire pressure, weight