Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-17-2014, 05:51 PM   #15
And looks like you had fun doing it. Nice work.

2001 34' Alpine Coach
2008 Jeep Rubicon or 2012 Ford F150 4x4 Lariat towds
or a couple of different trailers
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2014, 07:41 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Nice to know there are others out there like me. Looks great. I spent the winter redoing the floors and TVs. Can't do it in the summer, we're on the road May thru September. Love my laminate floors and 40" LED TV in the salon. Still have to finish installing the 28" TV in the bedroom this winter. Love the back splash and I'm curious about the adhesive used. I look at those panels at Lowe's but didn't think they would stick to my wall paper. Good job.

Craig & Carolyn Roberts Apple Valley, CA
2006 Newmar 3910 KSDP 400 ISL Cummins Spartan Mountian Master Chassis
Toad: 2010 Chevy Colorado 4X4
DD788Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:36 AM   #17
Thank you all for your kind words. As far as the smart tiles go I made sure to clean the wall paper real good, used an industrial strength cleaner with a stiff scrub brush and scrubbed the hell out of the wall. Finished off with foaming glass cleaner to remove any residue. Time will tell, the carrier / backing for the smart tile is like a plastic tin foil, seems to stick really well. Used a little counter top laminate roller to really bed the panels good. We'll see how they last through the winter. Gets cold up here in the Great White North, hoping to retire (crossing fingers) in 2 years so we can escape the snow and cold and head south with the rest of the Snow Birds, then travel Canada in the summer we've only had the opportunity to see a small part of this beautiful country in the west. Need to go east and check out the maritime's. That's if all goes according to plan...............only time will tell. As far as having fun doing all this work I would say no, this old body just ain't what it used to be and I suffer for a few days after completing a job with all the aches and pains associated with crawling around on my knees, or climbing up and down a ladder but that doesn't stop me. I'm kind of like the energizer bunny, keep going and going, I just don't know when to stop?? I keep doing it because I love to see the finished results. I think if I were to stop I'd be bored to death, I'm always looking for something to do and my DW definitely keeps me busy, I don't think she likes to see me sitting around relaxing. She keeps coming up with projects for me out of the blue (whether I like it or not).
mdpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:15 AM   #18
Looks awesome. I love the layout of your coach with the opposing slides up front with a mid entry. Then outside with the mid entry there is no slide under the awning. Great set up.
1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:42 AM   #19
Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Nice job ! really looks great........... I too love to do improvements, thinking about doing the smart tiles also, thanks for the info
Now enjoy that rig.
Safe travels
2012 Tiffin 34 TGA Allegro Ford V-10 22000 lb chassis
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited ,Blue Ox Tow Bar, RVI 2 Brake, Tiger Trek, Safe-T-Plus
FMCA - Good Sam - Tiffin Allegro Club
jjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:11 AM   #20
Been in construction all my life and also do all my own work. You have done a very nice looking and practical job.
John, Deb; & our dog, Benji, Forever in our hearts.
2014 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS V-10
2011 Jeep Liberty Jet & 2014 Jeep Wrangler
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:59 AM   #21
Originally Posted by mdpuff View Post
As far as the smart tile is concerned it is very easy to apply. Comes in 10" x 10" sheets, just fancy plastic, you can cut it with scissors or utility knife, just peel and stick. Don't know how it will survive the winter but we will find out! Shouldn't be a problem as it's only about 3/16" thick. But it sure looks great! Much better than before.
Hi akeyzoo, thanks for the compliments! I get a great deal of satisfaction when I complete a project and it turns out good, just stand back and admire my handy-work and I know I have improved the value somewhat. I don't have a hose reel, 95% of our camping is boon-docking, a hose reel would be nice but not high on my list of must haves. Why don't you post some pic's and a list of what you accomplished this summer? I'm sure lots of the fine folks on this forum along with myself would like to hear and see what you did. May be we could start a new thread " Look what I did this summer ". Wouldn't have to be strictly about improvements and renovations but also pictures of places people have visited with a picture of their rig in them.
So people, what do you think? Start a new thread?
Ah, you mentioned in your original post you installed a 50ft hose reel.

Well, since you asked. Not trying to be a one-upper here! hehe.

I did the flooring, went the hard way and did engineered flooring including on the slides. Very proud of the result. Very hard work.

New flooring hardwood for Revolution - documenting process

I de-fogged windows.

Fogged Window repair thread.

Added TPMS

Bought a toad and the setup for a toad.

Serviced coach

Installed a residential fridge, Samsung 197

Res. Fridge and inverter wiring confirmation plz

Pulled my "headknocker" and a cabinet in master bedroom and installed flatscreens

Installed an Auto Generator Start system (magnum)

Installed a new car stereo with bluetooth phone/siri integration and such.

Upgraded exterior stereo so I have a more modern deck with aux in.

Cleaned AC coils on roof.

Installed improved mattress

Added a hardwired progressive EMS system

Added a scangauge D

I also repaired some failing clearcoat, but cant remember if I did that this year or last ;-)

It's all good. I enjoy this stuff. When my rig is out of storage in my driveway I am constantly working on it. My next projects include finishing the window de-fog, perhaps a power cord reel, LED lights and who knows!

American Revolution 40L CAT C9
Samsung 197, TireMinder, Ready Brute Elite with Wrangler
akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:01 PM   #22
Well akeyzoo I think you got me beat! I don't think I would tackle taking up the tile, I would have left it be (as I did with our lino flooring in the kitchen and bath) My hat is off to you! Great work! As far as the hose reel goes I had a major brain fart, when you mentioned hose reel it jumped into my head "Water Hose Reel" which I don't have, "BUT" I did install a 50 foot "Air Hose Reel" in the right front bay. As I recall it was a Lincoln or version thereof, find it very handy, have a set of air tools and the hose was even long enough to reach back to my car dolly when I took the wheels off with the 1/2" impact at Lake Havasu Az to install new tires. Just tied it into my air system on the coach so as long as the engine is running I have air. I have a fairly decent set of tools on board but no where near what I have in my garage. I learned many years ago from my dad "Do it right the first time" so I try my best to take my time and not to cut corners and it's worked for me so far! My motto has always been, "WHY PAY SOMEONE ELSE TO DO SOMETHING I CAN DO" So Iv'e always jumped in and learned what I needed to know to tackle almost anything. Construction, plumbing, electrical, painting and what ever needed doing I did it. As a mechanic I do have a fairly good grasp on how to fix things.

mdpuff is offline   Reply With Quote