Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2014, 05:53 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Well "I've" had a busy summer!

When I say busy I mean working on the motor house getting it up to where we want it. Since we picked it up in Jan 2014 I have installed a 50 foot hose reel in the right front compartment, 500 watts of solar, added 2 more 6V batteries for a total of 6, installed new blinds, installed flat screen in bedroom, scrubbed the entire 41.5 feet down good and gave her 5 coats of ZEP, installed solar / led lights under the awning, replaced "All" the lights with LED's including the fluorescents, put up smart tile back splashes in kitchen, bath and around entry door. This past weekend pulled the carpet out of the main living area and installed laminate flooring. When time allows I will install laminate in the curb side slide and bedroom, one area at a time. Did get some camping in this summer but not as much as we would have liked but going out this weekend for our last trip before we tuck her away for the winter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P5182816.JPG
Views:	204
Size:	350.4 KB
ID:	74005   Click image for larger version

Name:	P7062976.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	358.4 KB
ID:	74006  

Name:	P8173096.JPG
Views:	210
Size:	387.0 KB
ID:	74007   Click image for larger version

Name:	P9153181.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	380.7 KB
ID:	74008  

Name:	P9153185.JPG
Views:	241
Size:	396.9 KB
ID:	74009   Click image for larger version

Name:	P9153187.JPG
Views:	235
Size:	409.5 KB
ID:	74010  

Name:	P9153189.JPG
Views:	226
Size:	405.9 KB
ID:	74011   Click image for larger version

Name:	P9153192.JPG
Views:	264
Size:	422.3 KB
ID:	74012  

Name:	PA161864.JPG
Views:	239
Size:	402.0 KB
ID:	74013  
mdpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2014, 06:04 PM   #2

Id say you have been busy... All looks very nice.. I like the laminate and tile work.. Class

Robert & Jana Stanton... Birthing a 2015 Anthem.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:24 PM   #3

Looks good !!
Old 09-16-2014, 07:34 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks so much, means allot to me. It will look sooooo much better when I get the rest of the dirty old carpet out! Just can't understand why in the world they would put carpet in an RV? Installing the biggest dirt magnet in a place where dirt is so abundant! Guess it's the quickest easiest way to cover things up. Just installing the laminate in the entry step was a challenge, there wasn't a proper angle anywhere, every piece had to be cut over sized then shaved down bit by bit at different angles to get them to fit properly! Throw the square out the window! lol The biggest obsitcal now is to install the flooring in the slide but I think I have a solution that will work! Keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 09-16-2014, 07:55 PM   #5

Being a basically lazy s.o.b., I wonder why you decided to buy a rig that needed so much work. The only thing I've done to ours in four years is to rebuild a strip of overhead cabinets in the dinette slide-out that got rain-water damage because the slide topper had rotted out.

We're about to put it on the market, and I'm currently re-installing the bedroom TV. I honestly don't think it's worth the trouble, as it's an old CRT set, but DW thinks the big, open, door-less cabinet looks a mess without it.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:48 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Well it's not really a case of buying something that needed allot of work but finding a good deal on coach that we really like and making improvements to make it "Ours". Being a mechanic I have always taken very good care of all my vehicles and take great pride in ownership. When I buy something I go through it thoroughly to make sure it's 100% then modify it to my liking. I have a tendency to go through quite a few vehicles and can say with pride that they were in better shape when I sold them than when I bought them. Most every time I made money on the vehicle. Being an old hot rodder I modify them to my taste, wheels & tires, custom paint the works. So I just can't leave anything "Stock" always room for improvement! When people see our coach they can't believe it's 10 years old. (plus if I were to turn around and sell this coach I stand to make a tidy profit!)
Old 09-17-2014, 11:42 AM   #7

Looks great.

Some people love to "do" home improvement, others have home improvement "done". I like to do it. Keeps me out of trouble. I could seriously challenge your summer accomplishments myself ;-)

What hose reel did you go with?

Chris
akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:50 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Looking sharp and comfortable. Always satisfying when you see the before and after. We look at it and say nice but you saw the before and the improvement was stellar.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:53 AM   #9
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Nice job. You have it looking like a new coach. Best of luck with the rest of the renovation. Keep the pics coming.

Best of luck and Happy Trails!!!
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:55 AM   #10

Wow.

Quick question.
On the smart tile, was grout required ?
If so; do you think it will hold up to the cold temps in storage and shifting/ vibration on the road?
Old 09-17-2014, 04:54 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
As far as the smart tile is concerned it is very easy to apply. Comes in 10" x 10" sheets, just fancy plastic, you can cut it with scissors or utility knife, just peel and stick. Don't know how it will survive the winter but we will find out! Shouldn't be a problem as it's only about 3/16" thick. But it sure looks great! Much better than before.
Hi akeyzoo, thanks for the compliments! I get a great deal of satisfaction when I complete a project and it turns out good, just stand back and admire my handy-work and I know I have improved the value somewhat. I don't have a hose reel, 95% of our camping is boon-docking, a hose reel would be nice but not high on my list of must haves. Why don't you post some pic's and a list of what you accomplished this summer? I'm sure lots of the fine folks on this forum along with myself would like to hear and see what you did. May be we could start a new thread " Look what I did this summer ". Wouldn't have to be strictly about improvements and renovations but also pictures of places people have visited with a picture of their rig in them.
So people, what do you think? Start a new thread?
Old 09-17-2014, 05:04 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wow, great looking coach, you have done some nice work!

Too bad you are going to have to put it to bed for the winter already. You should be out enjoying it!

Scott
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:13 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Wow.

Quick question.
On the smart tile, was grout required ?
If so; do you think it will hold up to the cold temps in storage and shifting/ vibration on the road?
Looks fantastic-good job. I'd like to know on the tiles as well. They say you don't need grout but was wondering about adhesion. Guess time will tell. If your headed south for the winter, you could stop at my place in Pahrump. Oh Yea, bring your tools-LOL.
Rich
Old 09-17-2014, 05:33 PM   #14

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Nice work !