Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2020, 10:31 PM   #1

Well, visited Quartzsite today, same-o same-o.

Gang,
Well, we took a day trip from home in Lake Havasu, down to Quartzsite today. Traffic was light with the exception of right around the big tent. We got lucky and found a parking spot really close to the tent. We ventured into the tent and started meandering down each walkway. Well, pretty much nothing's changed from last year, the year before, the year before that etc. We didn't really expect anything new and exciting but, we thought we'd amble on through it and Tyson Wells just for something to do.

I did my usual of eye-balling all the isles of the *tool* vendors. Nope, didn't need anything there either. Oh well, it was fun. We met some friends for lunch, saw some others we hadn't seen in a year or more. And, as usual, ate some lunch at one of the vendors Tyson Wells which, was fair to good. We spent about 3/4 of the day there and, headed back home. We'll more than likely do it again next year. Maybe there will be something there I can't live without.
Scott

P.S. I don't mean to discourage folks from visiting that event, not at all. We've been going there for that event now for upwards of a dozen years or more. If you've never been there for it, it's quite an event. Lots of vendors, food, RVs for sale not only at the main event but, all through the town. Vendors for everything under the sun, pots and pans, RV supplies, rugs, kitchen supplies, vacuum cleaners and much, much more. And of course, if you're into rocks and gems, you'd be hard pressed to find another town/area that has as much as what's in that town and all it's vendors and suppliers.
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2020, 11:05 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for the update. We've been there several times over the years and I guess if you've seen one you've seen them all.

We always enjoy the vendors in the tents and always buy small household stuff plus Cinnamon Buns and ice cream.
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 11:45 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We had ice cream on sunday and cinnamon buns today. (-:

Yep. Mostly same usual venders.

Battleborn batteries had a booth - I think their first year. Several other booths with lithium batteries. They are quickly gaining momentum.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 02:26 AM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Actually, there was a new product in the tent this year. It was a premade bed frame that fits into the box under your bed and replaces the platform. It operates as a bed where you can lift the head/upper back area, plus the end of the bed lifts for access under the bed. Pretty ingenious, it solves two issues at once. I'll take a better look tomorrow including fitment and price.

We checked into our campground today and just did a quick survey of the tent. Yes, many things were the same. If you need spices, pots and pans, jewelry, wallets or cell phone junk…..it's here.

Every year there is a focus on something new. This year, it's electric bicycles....there are several vendors. I also noted the return of the Spartan parts trailer. It's a great place to get all the filters you need for various engines. It has been missing from the show for a few years.

If the walking makes your muscles sore, there are several massage booths selling vibrators with free demos.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 05:31 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
I was there -once- crowd so thick you couldn't stir them. Elbow to elbow. Exit stage left.
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 07:33 AM   #6

It could be worse. You could be staring out the window at 3 feet of snow like me. In fact, Im going snowmobiling today. Im hoping to get out of Dodge in the next three weeks. I have business I have to tend to before I can leave. We have been to Quartsite in February. Its not too busy then. I hope to make it there one of these years in January. Thanks for the report.
Old 01-22-2020, 07:40 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Yup, same "stuff" in the tent. Lots of people too. However...…..

We go there to se the friends we have made over the years from the Monaco IRV2 group. This year I was hoping to meet up with some of you folks from the Newmar group, met a few, but wasn't able to stay very long. Hope to at the FMCA rally in Tuscan.
Great pizza at Silly Al's if you can get in.
The Spartan booth is a must. I bought an air filter for $96 the dealer wanted over $200. 20% off all parts for the show. They have everything you need for your genny, Cat or Cummins.
Roadmaster services my towbar every year at a very minimal charge.
Always find some items we just can't live without.
Also get to look at some of the for sale coaches even though there is no chance we are going to change from the rig we have.

Mostly "Q" is about the comradery we have made and catching up with friends.

DS Don I wish we had not missed you as you are high on the list of people I wanted to see.

Enjoy the show everyone

Steve & Becky
Old 01-22-2020, 08:00 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The naked guy passed so I missed that
Old 01-22-2020, 08:02 AM   #9

We winter in an RV park which is about 15 miles east of Quartzsite. The highlight for us is the ice cream cone by the tent. Don't buy ice cream from the fellow in the wagon which claims to have homemade ice cream with an old engine running pretending to make his ice cream. He buys it from Blue Bunny and charges a small fortune for a cone. The vender across from Silly Als pizza is also good ice cream. Generally we avoid going to Quartzsite this time of the year. We plan on an UTV tour of the desert where all of variety of RV's are parked. You see some really interesting combinations. I seen one where they took the front off of an old school bus and mated a front end of a 5th wheel to the front of what was left of the bus. Oh by the way internet service sucks right now. I felt sorry for the poor Verizon fellow in the tent as there was a line of people there to unload on him as Verizon service really sucks during the show.
desertdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:09 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Recommendation: Never go to the Q show on the first weekend! We made that mistake before we learned. DH went to talk to the tow bar guys about a refresh on the first day though, so he braved the crowds by using his bicycle to ride the 3 miles from where we are camped with friends. He said it was so thick in the tent he could barely walk. He did pick me up a funnel cake when we brought the tow bar over later, so all was not lost. He commented there were fewer scooter dealers and more e-bike dealers. I will ride my bike over on Thursday or Friday when the crowds are down some.

We don’t go to Quartzsite for the tent though. We have a group of friends we camp with every year, and we just love the desert (at least after the biggest crowds disappear). Besides, everyone needs to go to the Desert Bar.
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 03:29 PM   #11

Country Coach Owners Club
My complaint about Q is the dogs! Don't get me wrong, I like dogs but they have no place on a crowd like there is in the tent. Dog here, owner there, absolutely zero control of the dog plus the poor thing is probably scared to death.

Did see some new vendors but lots of same old same old. We come for the ham radio gathering at mile post 99
Old 01-22-2020, 06:17 PM   #12

Desert Ted.

We saw the converted bus to 5th wheel..
The wife couldnt believe it.. LOL

Bob
hedhunter9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 07:19 PM   #13

Oh yeah,
Forgot to say we too had a *Cinnabon*!!! It's almost like a rare earth magnet to me. Soon as I get within range, oh, maybe a couple hundred feet, I'M SUCKED IN! Somehow, didn't see the bed/frame DSD was talking about. Maybe too many people blocked our view.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:02 PM   #14
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
We always go to the show after the crowds on Sat, Sun and Mon. There was hardly anyone there today. We parked nearby and walked right in.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quartzsite