Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-16-2014, 01:17 PM   #15
Registered User
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Varies Depending on The Weather
Posts: 8,517
That is a good shut-off valve to carry just in case it is needed anywhere inside the coach.

However, Joe's Monaco Windsor comes with a Manobloc water distribution system which allows one to turn off various sections of the coach without disturbing the others.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
__________________

__________________
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2014, 01:18 PM   #16
RVM#87 / Senior Member
 
DieselTech39's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Ham Lake, MN
Posts: 3,038
Congrats on passing the test!!!

They say that into everyone's life a little rain must fall.....but that's where Rainbows come from.
__________________

__________________
Have a wonderful day!
Ken (RVM 87)
FT DP Wanna B The journey is the destination!
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:25 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
96 Wideglide's Avatar
 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
I ALWAYS do my walk-around with the engine running PRIOR to moving the coach one inch.
+1
I had a bay door swing open on me going thru town. How it did'nt hit a parked car, I have no idea . Since then I always do a walk around, pulling on each bay door handle. I would trip over the power cord, if it was still hooked up, during this walk around.
__________________
Ben & Sharon
2008 43' Holiday Rambler Scepter PDQ
96 Wideglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:34 PM   #18
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 26,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
That is a good shut-off valve to carry just in case it is needed anywhere inside the coach.

However, Joe's Monaco Windsor comes with a Manobloc water distribution system which allows one to turn off various sections of the coach without disturbing the others.

Dr4Film ----- Richard

Richard, I forgot all about that Manobloc! If I had thought about that I wouldn't have had to bathe with the wet-wipe!
__________________
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:43 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Arch Hoagland's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Clovis, CA, USA
Posts: 5,904
We have a law that my wife walks around the coach and toad as I pull forward slowly while she checks to make sure the tires are rolling as we leave.

Did you know you can pull a toad that has the hand brake set and not know it? I do.
__________________
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD, W22, 8.1, 7.1 MPG
2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:48 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
96 Wideglide's Avatar
 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post

Did you know you can pull a toad that has the hand brake set and not know it? I do.
Always nice when you have a sharp turn leaving the park, so you can see in your mirror, the toads front and rear tires turning !
__________________
Ben & Sharon
2008 43' Holiday Rambler Scepter PDQ
96 Wideglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:49 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Smitty77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Over the next hill, around the next curve...
Posts: 3,309
Add me to the power cord club, with luck, it was a smaller 12ga 50' I use to run to the coach keep the battery topped off while parked at home. It was tied to the ladder, so no damage to the 50A cord!

Yep, your test is complete, as the challenges always come in series of three!

And, talk about luck, you found the exact part you needed to fix the plumbing... I most times need to buy some other parts an 'adapt' to the existing item needing repair.

I recall your recent posts on the fridge, and adding extra cooling fan capacity. Think you were going to do with the top vent item? Usually the fridge needs to slide out to get access to the stock fans. Suggest you take that time to beef up the full fan solution. Keeping a few in reserve that you can turn on when needed in extreme heat/humidity conditions. I can't remember if you have done the Amish Cooling Unit yet or not? (Seem to remember you did, and they used the existing stock fridge fans?). If not, and you wish to retain propane capability, as good as time as any to get this behind you too! And I believe I suggested you look into the ARP kit too, which controls the LP while underway. A real safety advantage, IMO.

Or, if you have enough battery capacity. You might just want to do the swap out to Samsung now, and add Solar Panels as time/energy/budget allows!

Best, and a good story is one where no one was hurt - so this was a good one!
Smitty
__________________
Roo II is our 04 Country Coach Allure 40'
OnDRoad for The JRNY! Enjoy life...
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:16 PM   #22
HHg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebug5 View Post
Hello, Joe! You guys are one of our favorite posters, we read as many of your posts as we can. Just a guess, you already passed "the test" a long, long time ago! Glad to see several little bumps in the road do not even phase folks such as yourselves. I imagine lots of folks would have responded differently, probably even simply turned around and gone back home.

Bruce and Judy
X2 and a big Ditto......sorry you guys had the problems

Hhg
__________________
HHg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:54 PM   #23
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 26,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHg View Post
X2 and a big Ditto......sorry you guys had the problems

Hhg
Thanks folks! You've made our day!
__________________
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:57 PM   #24
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 26,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
Add me to the power cord club, with luck, it was a smaller 12ga 50' I use to run to the coach keep the battery topped off while parked at home. It was tied to the ladder, so no damage to the 50A cord!

Yep, your test is complete, as the challenges always come in series of three!

And, talk about luck, you found the exact part you needed to fix the plumbing... I most times need to buy some other parts an 'adapt' to the existing item needing repair.

I recall your recent posts on the fridge, and adding extra cooling fan capacity. Think you were going to do with the top vent item? Usually the fridge needs to slide out to get access to the stock fans. Suggest you take that time to beef up the full fan solution. Keeping a few in reserve that you can turn on when needed in extreme heat/humidity conditions. I can't remember if you have done the Amish Cooling Unit yet or not? (Seem to remember you did, and they used the existing stock fridge fans?). If not, and you wish to retain propane capability, as good as time as any to get this behind you too! And I believe I suggested you look into the ARP kit too, which controls the LP while underway. A real safety advantage, IMO.

Or, if you have enough battery capacity. You might just want to do the swap out to Samsung now, and add Solar Panels as time/energy/budget allows!

Best, and a good story is one where no one was hurt - so this was a good one!
Smitty
Hi Smitty! Yep, we went with the Amish-built cooling unit and new fans behind the fridge. I think we have a bad thermal switch on those fans. I have ordered the new 3-fan setup for the top (in the vent) that will be here Friday. I really feel this will solve our problem!

I have the ARP kit that I bought some time back and haven't installed it. I plan to get that done in the next few days.
__________________
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:38 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 260
Yea, I pulled out of garage before taking the time to unplug the power cord. Seen the sparks fly when cord tore the side of the outlet out. Did not hurt the cord, just the outlet. guess I got lucky.
__________________
H.B. & Deb. Molly(spoiled Shih Tzu) , 06 Pace Arrow ,36D full slide , electric jacks , 04 Jeep Liberty, Blue Ox Aventa II , 97 Harley Heritage.
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:42 PM   #26
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 26,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
Yea, I pulled out of garage before taking the time to unplug the power cord. Seen the sparks fly when cord tore the side of the outlet out. Did not hurt the cord, just the outlet. guess I got lucky.

You sure did!
__________________
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:03 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 678
Passed the test

I always say if it isn't permanent damage it can be fixed. We all have had our share of bloopers.
__________________
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:30 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Elf111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ft wayne Indiana
Posts: 478
Did you have an audiance? It seems like every time I make a big boo boo I have to turn around and take a bow. Sounds like you took it in stride and still had a good time.
__________________

__________________
Elf111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maybe Bad Batteries - Getting Them Tested Sky_Boss RV Systems & Appliances 1 09-05-2014 04:39 PM
How many watts Solar panel do i need? simtec820 Class C Motorhome Discussions 12 06-27-2014 01:16 AM
IOTA Transfer Switch -- smoke tested CaptPat Monaco Owner's Forum 24 06-06-2014 11:16 AM
Beware the Tired Fuse or KISS Jonnyboy 316 Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum 5 03-22-2014 10:54 AM
2000 Fleetwood Discovery dash vents not working JMA1181 Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum 26 07-24-2013 02:01 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.