Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2014, 01:17 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
That is a good shut-off valve to carry just in case it is needed anywhere inside the coach.

However, Joe's Monaco Windsor comes with a Manobloc water distribution system which allows one to turn off various sections of the coach without disturbing the others.

Dr4Film ----- Richard

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2014, 01:18 PM   #16
RVM#87 / Senior Member

Solo Rvers Club
Congrats on passing the test!!!

They say that into everyone's life a little rain must fall.....but that's where Rainbows come from.

Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:25 PM   #17

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
I ALWAYS do my walk-around with the engine running PRIOR to moving the coach one inch.
+1
I had a bay door swing open on me going thru town. How it did'nt hit a parked car, I have no idea . Since then I always do a walk around, pulling on each bay door handle. I would trip over the power cord, if it was still hooked up, during this walk around.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:34 PM   #18
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
That is a good shut-off valve to carry just in case it is needed anywhere inside the coach.

However, Joe's Monaco Windsor comes with a Manobloc water distribution system which allows one to turn off various sections of the coach without disturbing the others.

Dr4Film ----- Richard

Richard, I forgot all about that Manobloc! If I had thought about that I wouldn't have had to bathe with the wet-wipe!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:43 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have a law that my wife walks around the coach and toad as I pull forward slowly while she checks to make sure the tires are rolling as we leave.

Did you know you can pull a toad that has the hand brake set and not know it? I do.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:48 PM   #20

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post

Did you know you can pull a toad that has the hand brake set and not know it? I do.
Always nice when you have a sharp turn leaving the park, so you can see in your mirror, the toads front and rear tires turning !
Old 09-16-2014, 01:49 PM   #21

Add me to the power cord club, with luck, it was a smaller 12ga 50' I use to run to the coach keep the battery topped off while parked at home. It was tied to the ladder, so no damage to the 50A cord!

Yep, your test is complete, as the challenges always come in series of three!

And, talk about luck, you found the exact part you needed to fix the plumbing... I most times need to buy some other parts an 'adapt' to the existing item needing repair.

I recall your recent posts on the fridge, and adding extra cooling fan capacity. Think you were going to do with the top vent item? Usually the fridge needs to slide out to get access to the stock fans. Suggest you take that time to beef up the full fan solution. Keeping a few in reserve that you can turn on when needed in extreme heat/humidity conditions. I can't remember if you have done the Amish Cooling Unit yet or not? (Seem to remember you did, and they used the existing stock fridge fans?). If not, and you wish to retain propane capability, as good as time as any to get this behind you too! And I believe I suggested you look into the ARP kit too, which controls the LP while underway. A real safety advantage, IMO.

Or, if you have enough battery capacity. You might just want to do the swap out to Samsung now, and add Solar Panels as time/energy/budget allows!

Best, and a good story is one where no one was hurt - so this was a good one!
Smitty
Old 09-16-2014, 03:16 PM   #22
HHg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebug5 View Post
Hello, Joe! You guys are one of our favorite posters, we read as many of your posts as we can. Just a guess, you already passed "the test" a long, long time ago! Glad to see several little bumps in the road do not even phase folks such as yourselves. I imagine lots of folks would have responded differently, probably even simply turned around and gone back home.

Bruce and Judy
X2 and a big Ditto......sorry you guys had the problems

Hhg
Old 09-16-2014, 03:54 PM   #23
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHg View Post
X2 and a big Ditto......sorry you guys had the problems

Hhg
Thanks folks! You've made our day!

Old 09-16-2014, 03:57 PM   #24
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
Add me to the power cord club, with luck, it was a smaller 12ga 50' I use to run to the coach keep the battery topped off while parked at home. It was tied to the ladder, so no damage to the 50A cord!

Yep, your test is complete, as the challenges always come in series of three!

And, talk about luck, you found the exact part you needed to fix the plumbing... I most times need to buy some other parts an 'adapt' to the existing item needing repair.

I recall your recent posts on the fridge, and adding extra cooling fan capacity. Think you were going to do with the top vent item? Usually the fridge needs to slide out to get access to the stock fans. Suggest you take that time to beef up the full fan solution. Keeping a few in reserve that you can turn on when needed in extreme heat/humidity conditions. I can't remember if you have done the Amish Cooling Unit yet or not? (Seem to remember you did, and they used the existing stock fridge fans?). If not, and you wish to retain propane capability, as good as time as any to get this behind you too! And I believe I suggested you look into the ARP kit too, which controls the LP while underway. A real safety advantage, IMO.

Or, if you have enough battery capacity. You might just want to do the swap out to Samsung now, and add Solar Panels as time/energy/budget allows!

Best, and a good story is one where no one was hurt - so this was a good one!
Smitty
Hi Smitty! Yep, we went with the Amish-built cooling unit and new fans behind the fridge. I think we have a bad thermal switch on those fans. I have ordered the new 3-fan setup for the top (in the vent) that will be here Friday. I really feel this will solve our problem!

I have the ARP kit that I bought some time back and haven't installed it. I plan to get that done in the next few days.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:38 PM   #25

Yea, I pulled out of garage before taking the time to unplug the power cord. Seen the sparks fly when cord tore the side of the outlet out. Did not hurt the cord, just the outlet. guess I got lucky.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:42 PM   #26
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
Yea, I pulled out of garage before taking the time to unplug the power cord. Seen the sparks fly when cord tore the side of the outlet out. Did not hurt the cord, just the outlet. guess I got lucky.

You sure did!

Old 09-16-2014, 08:03 PM   #27

Passed the test

I always say if it isn't permanent damage it can be fixed. We all have had our share of bloopers.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:30 PM   #28

Did you have an audiance? It seems like every time I make a big boo boo I have to turn around and take a bow. Sounds like you took it in stride and still had a good time.