Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #15
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If in fact what was offered to you was offered and paid for as 2012 then that's what you should have. Since it turns out it's a 2011 then that's what you should have paid for regardless of industry standards.

I can not help but ask what would have been the asking price for the very same unit had it been listed as a 2011 and not a 2012?

Industry standard would be fine if you knew about it up front and that's what you agreed to pay for it, that's just my personal opinion.

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2012, 03:53 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
If in fact what was offered to you was offered and paid for as 2012 then that's what you should have. Since it turns out it's a 2011 then that's what you should have paid for regardless of industry standards.

I can not help but ask what would have been the asking price for the very same unit had it been listed as a 2011 and not a 2012?

Industry standard would be fine if you knew about it up front and that's what you agreed to pay for it, that's just my personal opinion.
Excellent point.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:01 PM   #17

I'd be upset if I bought a 2012 and it turned out to be a 2011. My present RV is on a 2003 Chassis and the body is 2004 and it is registered as a 2004. That's OK, that's the way it works. It wasn't sold as a 2004 and registered as a 2003. For what it's worth I think you have a legitimate complaint.
Bob
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:18 PM   #18

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by arby View Post
I sense the general attitude here is, it happens all the time. Not a big deal. I beg to differ.

Let's just say it got totaled yesterday in one of those 120 some tornadoes. As an insuranse adjuster I am going to settle with you as a 2011 because legally that is what it is. Just because you say it is a 2012 interior won't matter.

If you think it is no big deal, go to NADA and pick a similar 2007 coach value then check the same thing for 2006 and see if it is a big deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post

........, that's just my personal opinion.
Both make sense to me.
Tell the seller You require partial refund if he wants you to keep the 2011 model year unit. I'd tell him also "a jury would agree with me."
Tell him his other option is to find you a 2012 unit equipped like the 2011.
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Mine was completed (coach on chassis) in Aug of 2001. Titled and sold to original owner in 2001 as a 2002.
Richard
Old 04-15-2012, 06:37 PM   #20

Lots of great comments and I truly appreciate everyone's input! I'll let you know how it turns out. We are going to bring the matter up to the manager and see what he has to say. We love the rig and don't plan on giving it back! It's just the principle of negotiating for what we thought was one product and then getting the shocking news it is another product! Thanks again! As a newbie to this forum I gotta say it's a great site! Glad I joined!
Old 04-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #21

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My chassis was built in 7/99 and coach in 2000 and the title and registration in Idaho both say 2000. That's how it should be. I would be talking to the dealer that sold it do you. If the sales contract states 2012 then that is what is should be titled and registered as
jclarkfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #22

Ford Super Duty Owner
My Bounder was built in Oct 07 on a 07 chassis and is titled as a 08. The dealer should correct your title. What does he have to loose except your good will.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #23
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Yea, ours also was different years. JURY DId AGREE, especially when the rv dealer in North Little Rock, Ar sold it to s as new and we discovered paperwork the first trip out that he had rented it to an oil company for a promo trip. The jury awarded us a token amount and we are paying for a used coach as a new one... State wont do anything, dealer has now reorganized and hasnt paid a cent, much less fix or replace the issues still dealing with, ie were told the day we took it AS we were driving off to not use the shower cause it was broken, it still leks after 3 repairs..... DO NOT SETTLE, we are the clients, why should the government and industry continue to spport disreputable dealers..... This was our total retirement investment, after two years still have court to see if he has to pay the attorney fees 4x the amount we were awarded...... BUT i do still have hope.......
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:39 PM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Our rig has a really nice owner's manual that states it's a 2007 Tiffin Open Road, (in several places). However when we got the registration it listed it as a 2006. When we went to refinance it, they wanted to base the worth as a 2006. We ended up not going though with the refi for other reasons, but it's an issue that we will probably live with.

Jack
FMCA #341229
JacknKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:56 PM   #25

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
i have a 2008 daybreak on a 2007 chassis and the registration say 2008 also i bought it new and am the only owner
mavric65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #26

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
When we purchased our georgetown it was advertised as a 2011. It was not until later that I noticed the papers said it was 2010. Yes they did adv. incorrect but I signed the papers that stated other wise.. Really bugged me and I called them on it and they said the chassis was made in 2010 and some other jibber...It is trivial as we were not going to change anything,,.,but just shows you that dealers will say and do what ever it takes to make a sell...
Just my 2 cents
barlin44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:40 PM   #27

Well \BArney, you and the O.P., and others who have been sold a unit of one model year only to find out later that it is titled as the prior model year, have paid the dealer a lot of extra profits. He priced the unit, for example, as a 2012, but it is titled as a 2011. I somehow get this feeling that he knew he bought it as a 2011, and made that add'l profit. Would be interesting to see his paperwork from when he brought it to his dealership.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:29 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Someone here may have brought this up, but I might have missed it. Federal law requires that every chassis must have a 17 digit VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER. These numbers all have a meaning, such as emission control, country of origin, and most importantly, the year. Your chassis is probably a GM or Ford. The VIN # never lies, and no matter what bs they tell you, it is a 2011. If the body is a 2012 it doesn't matter, the year on the title will have to say 2011.
Here is a scenario... Your 2011 chassis was made in 2010. That also is very possible.

If there is no indication on any of the paperwork that this was a 2011 chassis, then they owe you restitution. I would think long and hard about what you want. Just because this a common practice, and others have accepted it, doesn't mean you have to.

Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote