Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2014, 07:04 PM   #15

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by paz View Post
...Last I heard, Mountain Top does not have full hookups.

I recommend Rose Point north of Pittsburgh. As I said, getting into the city is easiest from the north. However, getting from the city south through the Ft. Pitt Tunnel or Liberty Tubes can be a PITA, depending on what time of day it is. However, you can go straight down I-79 and bypass the city to avoid a lot of traffic.
Yes, Mountain Top's website (Mountain Top Campground in Pennsylvania) confirms that they only have water and electric. There is no mention on their website of a dump station or honey wagon service, but I have read reviews that say they do. I would suggest calling the campground for current information. The day rate is $60.00, but it doesn't say whether this rate is for 2013 or 2014. The day rate is discounted 1/2 price (except during special events) if you're an Escapees, Passport America, or Happy Camper member. For this area, $60.00 is expensive for just a water/electric site with no amenities. If you're paying full price, you can get a full hookup site with amenities at many of the campgrounds mentioned in this thread for about the same price or less.

Rose Point Park (Rose Point Park Campground - Western Pennsylvania Family Camping) is located west of I-79 (Exit 99) off of US-422 west. It's before you get to the town of New Castle.

Bear Run is very convenient to I-79 (Exit 96). It's hardly a mile away.

Frank P. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2014, 02:48 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
When going back home to Pittsburgh area we stay at Fox Den Acres.
http://http://www.foxdenacres.com/
South East of Pittsburgh and not close, but we use 76 (Pa Turnpike) and some back roads to get around.

2010 GMC Terrain, Demco: Base plate, Excalibar II tow bar, and Sentry Deflector.
Don The Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:36 PM   #17

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don The Ham View Post
When going back home to Pittsburgh area we stay at Fox Den Acres.
http://http://www.foxdenacres.com/
South East of Pittsburgh and not close, but we use 76 (Pa Turnpike) and some back roads to get around.
The link provided has an extra http in it so it doesn't work. Below is the correct link.

Pittsburgh & New Stanton Pennsylvania Campgrounds - Fox Den Acres Campground

Exit the PA Turnpike at the New Stanton exit (Exit 75) for Fox Den Acres.
Frank P. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:47 PM   #18

It will be another good 'boys of summer' in the Burgh. Go Bucs!!!

Explore the city on Saturdays and Sundays. Traffic and parking is easier. Watch out for potholes and eat at Pirmani Brothers.

By mid April you will not have any real hard freezes. Since you will be using your rig you will be ok. Be ready for rain and a good amount of cloudy days.