Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-10-2013, 12:54 PM   #1
Wet floor in front of toilet

I have a 1988 Winnebago Windcruiser, I have a wet floor in front of my toilet. I checked it out and it was the toilet leaking. I replaced the floor flange seal with a kit that was available, and all was Great! Problem solved! A week or two went by and now the floor is wet again. But worse than before. It's not coming from the toilet, it's all dry around the toilet (which is higher up, on a step or upper level). My wife said she cleaned out the shower (which we don't use, being in an RV park with Nicer/larger showers) and I'm wondering if water didn't get behind, or under it some way. The tap or shower faucet handles have a drip. (Which I found out more about in a posting on here, Thank You by the way) But they have dripped for some time, NOT drastic, but a small drip. I'm not sure if the shower cleaning was a coincidence or the problem? Or an add to the problem? Or, nothing what so ever to do with any of the issue. ?? Any help or advice would be Greatly appreciated! Thank You.

Magik is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #2
Freightliner Owners Club
The valve on the back of the toilet is famous for leaking, sprays water out where the small waterline comes in.

I once had the tubing connecting the back of the two shower valves split behind the shower panel.. (Freeze damage). Only leaked when the shower was in use. I happened to see water running out of the wheel well from outside while DW was showering. (The same valves you say are dripping)
That whole shower valve/diverter assembly is available for replacement.
You hopefully have a inspection panel to get to the back of those valves. Could be the tubing or the fittings. There are also fittings under the vanity sink..

Hooligan, Pensacola, Fl -U.S. Coast Guard 1956-1985
2016 Thor Siesta Sprinter 24ST diesel
Our Pug "Lily" & "George" the Newfoundland
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:31 PM   #3
In my bathroom, I have the toilet and shower on one side and the sink/vanity with medicine cabinet on the other. Does anyone know if there's a water "shut off" for the shower? Thank You
Magik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #4
Check to see if the leak is coming from the shutoff valve. If that's the case, replace the valve. If the water is coming from where the toilet sits on the floor, it probably means your toilet seals are old and warn. Unfortunately this means you'll have to remove the toilet to get to get the seals underneath.
cimplexsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #5
I had a similar issue. I had a slight leak in the drain/P trap of the shower. Under the shower drain is a pan built in to catch misc drips. The pan filled up and would start leaking from under the shower.

It was difficult to diagnose where the water was coming from because most times it wouldn't overflow the pan, but would slosh out when driving.
rkolditz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #6
In my Winnebago product, the toilet is up on a box-type pedestal. I, too, had water coming out on the floor in front of the toilet. Turns out that the pedestal is hollow and the white braided-looking water line inside (coming up from the water pump, I suspect) had sprung a pinhole leak (a tiny pinhole spray coming out!)

I was able to replace the water line (it was about a 24" segment with connectors on each end) with one from a hardware store. Solved my problem. Not sure how/why the water line would spring a pinhole type leak, unless the bare plywood floor underneath the line was rough enough to cause it, or it was just a fail.

Anyway, that stopped my leak before any damage could be done.

Fulltimer Class of Late 2015, with my bride, Lori.
2015 GMC 3500HD Denali DRW CC LB TrailerSaver TS3
2016 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSB3, MorRyde IS
HighwayRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #7
Appalachian Campers
or you could try standing closer.-- Sorry, could no help myself
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #8
Check under the sink. I found in my motorhome the valve is under the bathroom sink. The shower, toilet and sink are often all connected to the same valve. If no valve is present in the bathroom. Check and see if there is an access door with a shutoff valve on the outside, just behind the bathroom wall. Sometimes RV toilets have no shutoff valve, in which case you'll have to shut the water off and the main water hookup.

Originally Posted by Magik View Post
In my bathroom, I have the toilet and shower on one side and the sink/vanity with medicine cabinet on the other. Does anyone know if there's a water "shut off" for the shower? Thank You

cimplexsound is offline   Reply With Quote