Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2016, 02:41 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
Oh yes they all sound familiar. We generally stay more in the Mammoth area, but have looked at the McGee campsite, haven't taken the MH there yet though. I don't think there is a bad spot up there. Have fun, and catch a lot of fish, it's the best part of the season.
Have visited all these places for many years. If you really want to be off by yourselves, there is a place called Deadmans Creek Campground north of Mammoth and it is way back in there. Last time there was not even a fee to camp. I have had bears come through visiting before.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2016, 02:47 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530ktm View Post
Have visited all these places for many years. If you really want to be off by yourselves, there is a place called Deadmans Creek Campground north of Mammoth and it is way back in there. Last time there was not even a fee to camp. I have had bears come through visiting before.
Do you take your MH back there. We have camped the Sierras since I was a little kid, back then people used to leave food out for the bears just to see them. With the Camper we went all over the place, but so far with the MH I've only taken it to The Mammoth Mountain RV Park and the State CG on the North side of the road as you enter Mammoth.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 03:02 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
Do you take your MH back there. We have camped the Sierras since I was a little kid, back then people used to leave food out for the bears just to see them. With the Camper we went all over the place, but so far with the MH I've only taken it to The Mammoth Mountain RV Park and the State CG on the North side of the road as you enter Mammoth.
I have not had this latest one back there but I have been in there with my last 30 footer. There are 2 campgrounds, on each side of the stream bed, one is tent only and the other RV's. I would not hesitate to go back in there again but I do not like the idea of leaving camp to go out in the Jeep for any length of time because like I said there is nobody else back there and you never know who is out joy riding in the back country. May be a bit paranoid but we live in today's era and there is no campground host either, you are on your own. If we never left camp then I would be all for it.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:43 PM   #32

Thor Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
We are staying Home and will Bar-B-Que in the back yard.
Old 05-28-2016, 05:16 AM   #33

Because of the crazy spring weather here in Colorado, we camp close to home on Memorial Day weekend. We are heading to Chatfield State park/reservoir for the weekend which is all of 20 minutes from the house. If the weather is too cold or windy, we can head home. Since we only have 20 minutes invested, we don't feel like we have to "stick it out" if the weather turns bad. Plus, our kids are grown and busy so this way, they can come and go to visit. Looking forward to relaxing and visiting with family and friends.
Inthe70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 07:04 AM   #34

We like the atmosphere of a full campground on a holiday weekend so that's where we are, at Majestic Oaks at the Lake of the Ozarks. The place is pleasantly full with a constant commotion of people having fun. Sure they suck up all the wifi and the crowds make it a little harder to get around, but we look forward to it three times a year.

The rest of the time -- get me away from people.
Bloodyhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 07:10 AM   #35

Here at Swan Bay RV resort on the St Lawrence River, just below Alexandria Bay, NY. This place is only 2 years old, 70 some sites completed, over 250 more to go. All sites for RVs have concrete pads! Level! Full hookups, no cable TV.

2014 Thor Palazzo 35.1
Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
bandorr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:32 AM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
Staying home to avoid the crazy crowds and grilling these...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160528_101359.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	128429  

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 01:43 PM   #37

Cabela's in Hamburg, PA

We didn't plan on going out this weekend but we want to take the new motorhome for a drive. We checked the traffic reports and the roads look good. We are heading out to our closest Cabela's to get a bite to eat and hang out in the motorhome for a while.

Next weekend will be our true maiden voyage.
TravelingTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 01:48 PM   #38

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Just backed ours out into the driveway so I can get to some spots to work on that I can't do when in the sideyard.
Daughter and family is in town so may go out to dinner with them later today (Sat).
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 02:05 PM   #39
epj

Making our inaugural trip in the new to us 05 Phaeton 40'. So far, the ice maker and the 120V water heater don't work. All else seems in good order. The portable ice maker and the propane water heater work fine. Camped at a state park about 25 miles from home. Peaceful, despite the barking dogs and screaming kids. I'm enjoying feeding peanuts to the squirrels and watching them fight over them.
epj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 07:54 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Mark View Post
Overlooking Passamaquoddy Bay in Maine - here for the summer.
Seaview in Eastport?
Old 05-28-2016, 08:01 PM   #41

We were going to head up to the Maine mid coast, but ended up staying home to finishe working through a peak Low Air Pressure alarm. All seems to be well now. Ended up taking the dash off the reset a loose? Connection?

Ended up working through some stripped out screw holes. Two road tests and no further troubles found.

Then installed the RV Buddu flag pole, looks great.

Next quest is to work with Camping World and determine the status of the ordered RV tire covers.
Old 05-28-2016, 08:03 PM   #42

Here's the scene at Bryn Mawr in St AugustineClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1464487420.499656.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	298.5 KB
ID:	128479
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a