Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2014, 06:10 PM   #29

What are your must haves ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
I guess it depends how you are going to use the MH

Motorhomes are mission specific. I've owned 6 and each one was bought for a different purpose in mind and this changed out "must-have" list for each purpose.

With that being said our must haves for our current full-timing coach were the following:

1) Large kitchen with lots of counter and storage space
2) washer and dryer
3) TV at eye level
4) <40'
5) mid entry
6) separate WC
7) dining room table with chairs
8) lots of windows
StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2014, 06:35 PM   #30

Hmm ... for the 2 of us (no other travelers or guests):

1) 2 slides on driver side or 3 slides (2 on driver plus 1 more bedroom slide) ... no slide in living area on passenger side ... I want a big fully adjustable awning at that location and maximum patio area.

2) 2 vanities but NO bath-and-a-half.

3) reasonably high quality cabinetry.

4) as little carpet as possible ... preferably none.

5) dining table and 2 decent dining chairs.

6) quiet air conditioners.

7) a maximum of 2 TVs.

8) paddle ceiling fan in bedroom.

9) length of 39' - 43'.

10) residential reefer.

11) a kitchen that is just big enough to prepare meals for 2 ... no larger.
Old 09-28-2014, 11:01 AM   #31

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumps View Post
I never [ever] would have thought of putting something that heavy up there. Interesting option to ponder, tho... Thx, /ken
Luckily, for my Solar prototype, I get to use an RV with no slides. The RV has a rubber roof.

First of all, securing the batteries properly to the roof is the most critical concern. But, if done properly, it means that I get to select and use the best batteries for solar without worrying about venting problems with batteries when they're stored in RV compartments. I also get to add as many batteries as I want, short of making the RV top heavy

So, my plan is to mount a metal frame system on the roof. The box with the batteries is mounted on that frame. But, here is the important part. That framing is mounted to metal studs that go through the roof into the inside of the RV. Then, on the inside, on the ceiling of the RV, I have framing that goes the width of the RV. The framing on the inside of the RV and metal framing on the roof essentially making a sandwich with the framing in the roof of the RV. Then, I cover that metal framing on the inside of the RV with wood. This essentially makes the RV ceiling look like Timber Framing found in Log Homes. That should make it acceptable to the DW, I hope.

Hope the description explains it.

Looking for feedback from others about this idea ...
cucotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 11:17 AM   #32

A washer and dryer, didn't want one but they were in the coach. Can not believe how much we use them.
thatcher-227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:56 PM   #33

No slides on patio side (passenger side). Takes up outdoor space and makes it difficult to access cargo bays.
We thought we'd go with Winnebago when we traded up to a class A but they all had slides on pass. side. We ended up with a Newmar and glad we did. Superb build quality and fit & fjnish.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:08 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
There are a number of things but the most important are:

Floor Plan - we are going to be spending considerable time in the unit especially during inclement weather.

Comfort - we want comfortable furniture (see floor plan)

Quality - no pressed wood or plastic panels

Good Manufacturer - one who will stand behind the product

Good Dealer - one who will provide good service and take your side if a dispute with the manufacturer arises.

A color scheme the DW likes (this will be point 2 right after floor plan)