Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2016, 08:37 PM   #1

What are your thoughts on the Winnebago Forza?

I was talking with a salesman today who told me a bunch of things about a bunch of things. And one of the things was "The Winnebago Forza is the best entry level diesel pusher in the industry" and sighted many reasons why that is!

What do you guys think... is the Forza best in class? I have my own thoughts and would like to hear yours.

Some sales folks can really get wound up that much I can tell you! The funny thing is I wasn't even talking to him about a Winnebago!!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2016, 08:47 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to CarlAda
"best" is a relative term

Old 10-19-2016, 12:17 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
What did your salesman say were the "reasons"?

We purchased our 2016 Forza 36G at the end of July, trading in a Itasca Navion in order to get more room. We were impressed with what you could get for the money with the Forza. Granted, it's not a $500K unit, nor was it intended to be, but it still offers a lot of convenience and room for the dollar.

We've only had time to travel about 3K miles in it, and spent about 14 nights so far. We haven't been without a few issues to be covered by warranty work, but they have happily been summarily addressed. The Navion also had some issues, but the local dealer was good about fixing them without issue. I am still inspecting everything stem to stern, and attempting at getting stuff organized while checking to see if there are any other issues which need addressing.

When it comes to warranty issues, as long as it is not a huge major failure, I understand manufacturing and assembly line issues. Overall, Winnie has given me the impression that they do care about quality. Sometimes there are things which slip by QC folks and assembly procedures that didn't really work. Over many years, I have found those things can happen to the best of manufacturers everywhere. The main thing is, if the manufacturer will work to rectify the issue, things should work out. The biggest thing is having a dealer who knows how to correct problems once and for all...

We compared the Forza to lots of other models by other manufacturers along with Winnie, and for our tight economic budget, we could not find one that suited us like the Forza did...
Old 10-19-2016, 01:11 PM   #4

The salesman talked about the Forza, saying it has the best warranty in the business, lowest depreciation, best value in a diesel pusher. That it has few slide issues and likes its on the XCS chassis. He also liked the 228 cu ft of basement storage on the 38W and the best in class 260" wheelbase.

I was impressed with his knowledge of Motorhomes and seemed to know a bunch on the Forza specifically.

I've never learned so much about a Motorhome I never asked about!
Old 10-19-2016, 03:27 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
The salesman talked about the Forza, saying it has the best warranty in the business, lowest depreciation, best value in a diesel pusher. That it has few slide issues and likes its on the XCS chassis. He also liked the 228 cu ft of basement storage on the 38W and the best in class 260" wheelbase.

I was impressed with his knowledge of Motorhomes and seemed to know a bunch on the Forza specifically.

I've never learned so much about a Motorhome I never asked about!
That's pretty funny! He must've unloaded on you all of the knowledge he had about them!

Our 36G has the same amount of basement storage, which is great! Plus the wardrobe and closet space in the back of ours is fantastic, according to the wife!

I have my seat to sit in when driving, a place to sit on the couch when watching TV, a place to sit and eat, and a place to sleep. My Chocolate Lab likes it because his kennel sits where the recliner used to sit, and he can be safe and comfortable while riding. It's all good for my lab and me!

And, with the Cummins engine, I'm really happy. Not a 500HP, but I don't need to travel that fast. I'll get there quick enough for me. I like to enjoy the ride...

Wife signed me up for Camp Freightliner, and can't wait to go to the factory to learn more about the chassis!
Old 10-19-2016, 03:37 PM   #6

Hey GTobey,

I take from that you agree? Another thing he said was the steel cage behind the front cap makes the cab the safest in the industry.

I've seen the brochure on the 38W with the two full baths. Looks like a nice coach!
Old 10-20-2016, 11:53 AM   #7

We have a 2016 Forza 36G. Chassis is built like a brick sh**house. However build quality and quality control issues on the house are a whole different ballgame.

My only suggestion that before you sign any papers or give them any money, you make the sale contingent on a complete shakedown drive (preferably in a long driving rain storm to check for windshield and compartment leaks) and walk thru of the motorhome and test multiple times every single thing. Awnings, slides, leveling jacks, appliances, water heater, water lines. Open and close every single thing in the house. Everything.

Turn every single light, faucet, stove burner, tv, dwd player, fireplace, soundbar, backup camera, radio on and off, test every electrical outlet, test the inverter, transfer switch. Everything. Inspect the paint job stem to stern.

Get up on the roof and inspect every single seam.

And lastly, bring a big notebook along with you. You will need it to write down all the defects you find. Winnebago build quality at their factory is ABYSMAL. And if you think the dealer will care one wit about you after they get your money. Well there is a sucker born every minute. Make them fix every single thing, to be verified by you and then sit down and sign the papers/pay them.

This will be an all day job, but trust me on this, it will be the best investment in time you ever made. Make the dealer earn the $1500 dealer prep fee he got paid.
awol50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:32 PM   #8

Entry level yes, best in the industry, likely not.
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:46 PM   #9

I think the Forza is an excellent motorhome, but I personally think the Newmar Ventana LE gives you more bang for the buck. You might want to check that one out before you make a final decision. Our research ended with us buying the Ventana LE.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:09 PM   #10

$1500 is cheap..ours is $2500 but that is on used and have every system work...
Old 10-20-2016, 01:24 PM   #11

Regardless of the new entry level or beyond, some coaches are shall we say, built on a bad day. Others with the exact same coach have 30,000 miles with hardly an issue!

My point is that some coaches are a mess for whatever reason. If I've learned nothing else it's "be willing to handle the problems"! We also hope to get one of the good ones and not have the feeling of "what bad is happening next"?

No one wants to go through all you've gone through and that's for sure! But I think it unfair to say Winnebago is all bad or that all entry level DP are bad. Most are quite happy with their coach of choice! Just my thoughts!
Old 10-20-2016, 02:01 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
Regardless of the new entry level or beyond, some coaches are shall we say, built on a bad day. Others with the exact same coach have 30,000 miles with hardly an issue!

My point is that some coaches are a mess for whatever reason. If I've learned nothing else it's "be willing to handle the problems"! We also hope to get one of the good ones and not have the feeling of "what bad is happening next"?

No one wants to go through all you've gone through and that's for sure! But I think it unfair to say Winnebago is all bad or that all entry level DP are bad. Most are quite happy with their coach of choice! Just my thoughts!
I agree! I'm watching a fellow go through problem after problem on his Entegra, a $500K unit. Anything made by humans may have to be fixed, and sometimes QC is a foreign concept on the assembly line. Overall, I find that I can't afford a "one off" custom motor home. I will have to purchase something that is made on an assembly line. I had my home custom built and was there to check things out every evening. Did everything go as planned and exactly as the blueprints stated? Certainly not! They had to remove and replace things and even after we moved in I found a few things they had shortcutted, so they had to come back and fix them later. I am glad I had a contractor I could get to come back and fix things.

If I could have taken time off and watched the building of my Forza, maybe I could have had all the little things I wanted corrected before we left the factory. But I truly doubt it. There are things I don't know about, and some that don't show up right away, and things that don't present themselves as a problem until the coach goes into the real world atmosphere. So we have to do the best we can until we find and fix all of those pesky problems. That is what warranties are intended for.

I am sure there are quite a few other companies in the marketplace who make a tremendous product, probably better than mine. I chose Winnebago because they have been there for 50+ years, and overall, amongst the problems they might have had, they must have done a few things right to be as big as they are. I hope they continue, because I know someday, somehow, somewhere, I will need some sort of parts and possibly some service!

Plus, as we travel around, I can meet and talk to great people who have different things, and I can learn about other models, how it works for them, and about customizations that they have done. It's enjoyable! The main thing is, if it works for you, and fits your needs, go for it! Just enjoy getting out there!
Old 10-20-2016, 02:08 PM   #13

Well stated GT...
Old 10-20-2016, 10:51 PM   #14

Yes, Wyo, that was well stated by GT...

Our two cents worth.

There is no coach out there that shines above the rest. They all have problems. Before the sale - "nothing out there is built better than our coach." After the sale - "well, what did you expect? Driving your coach is like putting your house through a rainstorm in a hurricane."

We have looked at many, many coaches in our quest to choose one. Our house is up for sale and the wife has chosen a Forza 38W. And that's after looking at about a hundred new coaches.

The floorplan just works for us.

Tags
winnebago