Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2014, 07:54 PM   #1
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
What Did You Have To Fix (on your coach) Today?

I always see "what mods did you do"? Trying to see if there's a pattern on fixes so I thought I'd start this thread.

Personally I've been fixing for quite a while as the coach I bought was a bit neglected I haven't really been adding "mods" although there have been a few.

Currently, I'm fixing my appliance garage roll-up door. The roll-up spring let go and the veneer started to peel. Had to take it apart and re-glue it.

What did you have to fix today?
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2014, 11:02 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Not my coach but, pulled the starter on my neighbors 2003 400 Cummins today. He is taking it to a shop to be rebuilt tomorrow. The gear that engages the flywheel has several bad teeth..

On my own coach all I did was re-glue a piece of molding around the door as it was coming loose.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 02:06 AM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Our MH is in the shop to fix the cruise control and find and repair short in dash as it keeps blowing fuses.
Grandpere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:47 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Found a couple long screws that protruded into basement storage space with potential to scratch or damage items. Cut em off.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:13 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
I fixed coffee in our coach today! Sorry...just being a smart butt
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:02 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
We were to leave on a two week trip yesterday to Arkansas for the Ark - Ole Miss game. Go Hogs. Big Family affair followed up with a few days trout fishing, Thanksgiving with family, ending with competing in the World Championship Duck Gumbo cookoff in Stuttgart Ark. Got a check engine lite, called a mobile mechanic, fuel pressure issue, told me to take it to cummins, charged me 190. It is at cummins with a 559? code. They said it is very hard to diagnose. Fuel pump, injector, lift pump, etc. Looks like we will have to cancel the trip and stay in Austin.
Hogbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:09 AM   #7
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogbus View Post
We were to leave on a two week trip yesterday to Arkansas for the Ark - Ole Miss game. Go Hogs. Big Family affair followed up with a few days trout fishing, Thanksgiving with family, ending with competing in the World Championship Duck Gumbo cookoff in Stuttgart Ark. Got a check engine lite, called a mobile mechanic, fuel pressure issue, told me to take it to cummins, charged me 190. It is at cummins with a 559? code. They said it is very hard to diagnose. Fuel pump, injector, lift pump, etc. Looks like we will have to cancel the trip and stay in Austin.
Hope it's not a fuel pump or lift pump. I've seen those be expensive fixes.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:14 AM   #8

2010 Forest River Surveyor. Almost all the self tapping screws that were used to install the stabilizer jacks broke off. One jack had only one screw remaining. The rails that support the holding tanks were attached with the same defective screws. The black tank was hanging by one end only. I replaced 44 of those screws with stainless steel. Why Forest River uses these dangerous fasteners is stupid. Just imagine what would have happened if that jack had fallen off while traveling down the interstate.!!!!
Tom3205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:15 AM   #9
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
I have a few upcoming fixes to do. (not today)

1) My Hydro Hot system doesn't stay hot continuously.
2) One of my front Hydraulic jacks won't retract.
3) My Norcold fridge won't shut down without pulling the fuse.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:24 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
The remote won't unlock the entry door but works with the cargo doors. I does click but sounds weak. Had the door all apart a couple of times to fix the wiring. Now what? This is the next project.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:27 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Hope it's not a fuel pump or lift pump. I've seen those be expensive fixes.
Lucky the previous owner bought a transferable warranty! It is covered by that. It expires next June and I will probably be buying another. Already had 2 power gear hydraulic levelers replaced.
Hogbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 08:38 PM   #12

Reinstalled the Power Gear Hydraulic jack on the front. It was leaking and I removed it several weeks ago to have it repaired. The way the Holiday Rambler body was built around the frame does not leave much room for getting tools into the area.

Fred
Old 11-23-2014, 12:15 AM   #13

Rexhall Owners Group
I changed the original Jensen B/W monitor in dash with an exact replacement along with the rear view camera in my 2001 Rexhall Aerbus. I found a New Old Stock set on eBay.

John
cdory35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 11:23 AM   #14

On my "do today list" (day 426) on my 2002 Fleetwood Discovery:

Repair day/night blinds, again. Maybe buy Bali cellular blinds this time? Automatic option!

Wire brush/sand/prime/paint metal surrounding basement storage, again.

Replaced all bulbs that were blown in basement storage compartments.

Replace all bulbs in front clearance lights (replaced all rear clearance lights with LED).

Replacing house batteries after only four years on AGMs. I blame the Heart/Interface inverter/charger that came with the coach, and the 400 degree exhaust that is 1" from the batteries. Designing/fabricating/installing a heat shield, replacing the I/C with a Magnum, and going back to Trojan flooded cells on custom slide-outs with the new Trojan battery watering system.
PDXDisco is offline   Reply With Quote