Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2014, 11:11 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Question What do i do with these items?

What does everyone do with the sleeper sofa, tiny recliner behind passenger, and dinette when they are removed and replaced with other furniture? They take a lot of space on my sun room, and wife says do something with them. Will i need them if i decide to sell the motorhome?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2014, 11:17 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounder4rfun View Post
What does everyone do with the sleeper sofa, tiny recliner behind passenger, and dinette when they are removed and replaced with other furniture? They take a lot of space on my sun room, and wife says do something with them. Will i need them if i decide to sell the motorhome?
I found they made perfect filler items for our Garage Sale. And when the sale was over, they fit just perfect in the land Fill.

Old 04-20-2014, 11:29 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Craig's List
Old 04-20-2014, 11:39 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have a similar situation with an L-shaped Flexsteel "Extend-a-Lounge" sofa that we removed from our Bounder. Since we have a couple of spare bedrooms with our kids grown, we simply stored the sofa in a spare room, thinking that if we ever sell or trade RVs we will put that back in the RV and take the new La-z-boy sofa out.

Now I have a new dinette table on order, so I will be adding the OE table to my "storage." I'm beginning to rethink that since having a room full of "junk" is beginning to get on my nerves.

Like the other posters have suggested, you can sell the stuff, give it away or trash it. If it's in good condition you can list items for sale on the iRV2 classifieds for free.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:42 AM   #5

I'd save it for resale of the mh. what you might think as a great change other people might not. often people are looking for a certain floor plan for a reason.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:23 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
We have a similar situation with an L-shaped Flexsteel "Extend-a-Lounge" sofa that we removed from our Bounder. Since we have a couple of spare bedrooms with our kids grown, we simply stored the sofa in a spare room, thinking that if we ever sell or trade RVs we will put that back in the RV and take the new La-z-boy sofa out.

Now I have a new dinette table on order, so I will be adding the OE table to my "storage." I'm beginning to rethink that since having a room full of "junk" is beginning to get on my nerves.

Like the other posters have suggested, you can sell the stuff, give it away or trash it. If it's in good condition you can list items for sale on the iRV2 classifieds for free.

Sarah,

Set it all up in one room and then you can pretend you are in the MH.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:37 PM   #7

Isn't it mandatory to put those sort of items into storage and then pay $200 a month for the next 20 years and THEN throw it all out.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:56 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
Sarah,

Set it all up in one room and then you can pretend you are in the MH.
That sounds like a plan, Brian. Unfortunately, the room also has a treadmill, an eliptical machine, and other assorted exercise equipment that "someone" thought was a good idea. I seriously need to get rid of that stuff; it just makes me feel guilty.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:37 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you can't sell it or don't want to bother trying to sell it the Salvation Army will send a truck to pick it up.

The Salvation Army - Home

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:41 PM   #10
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Lee View Post
Isn't it mandatory to put those sort of items into storage and then pay $200 a month for the next 20 years and THEN throw it all out.
Yes, we are 3 years into that plan!
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2012 Honda CRV on Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:16 PM   #11

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you donnt want it the next owner will not want it.. How much can it affect resale on a 13 year old coach??? I am fixing mine for me, let the next guy figure it out
Old 04-20-2014, 03:24 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by donhoward49 View Post
If you donnt want it the next owner will not want it.. How much can it affect resale on a 13 year old coach??? I am fixing mine for me, let the next guy figure it out

Sounds Perfectly Logical to me.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum