Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2013, 08:31 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by onourway2013 View Post
Hi Everyone,
Mike and I are new to RVing, this is or first coach of any kind. I have been purchasing items for the coach little by little (linens, kitchen supplies, toolbox w/tools, etc). Our Aspire will be done the end of July, and I hope we have most of what we may need. So, if you all could help us just a little by letting us know what we may need (remember we are new to this, and have to start from scratch). I'm sure there are many items we wouldn't think of. Thank you for any suggestions.
Welcome aboard. Like others have said, try a night or two close to home or in your driveway and make a list of things you miss when you are in your new coach. The list will grow but so will your confidence that you have everything you might want or need. Good luck. Don't hurry, this is not a race to the finish line...

2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
calhyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2013, 05:41 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
That is something I absolutely have to learn, is to slow down. Right now it seems like it is a race to get everything done while still working. But, by November we will be retired and ready to slow the pace down and enjoy. Thanks for the reminder!!
Karen

onourway2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #17

I am not sure what tools you are getting, but be sure to also have metric wrenches. We have two tool boxes, one for standard wrenches and one for the metric sizes. It is also good to have a bottle jack that can lift your motor home. While you do not want to be changing tire, it is handy to remove the rock that 'might' get caught between the duals. We boondock a lot so this has happened to us twice. We think along the mines that we will not be 'close' to any stores, so we carry a fair amount of 'stuff' that we think we might need.
As has already been stated 'keep good notes' for both the items that you need and for those that you do not. Your needs will change depending on when and where you camp.
Have fun and enjoy!
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #18

Alpine Owners Club
30-50 amp or 50-30 amp dogbone depending upon the amperage of your coach.

I second the recommendation for Coach-Net. Don't leave without it. We DON'T carry a spare tire and we don't worry about a bottle jack to change the tire - that's what we have Coach-Net for, plus at our age, no way would we change that big tire.

2 different credit cards, since it is likely that one or the other will be compromised by hackers at some time, just makes life simpler.

Put out everything you think you need to take, and then put half of it back. Don't over pack. No one cares what you are wearing today is what you wore last week. They didn't see you then, and they won't see you next week, or if they do, they don't remember what you wore.

Leave lots of room to hold all of those things that you are going to pick up to remember your trips - whether you need them or not. We didn't pack any wine glasses, we've picked them up at wineries we visit as we travel. Good conversation pieces.

Barb
Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #19

My little addition to the list: Xtreme Tape

Not enough room for me to list all the uses you will find for it.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:10 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
When we order the coach at the Florida show, Coach Net gave us a free year. Sounds like it must be good, so many have mentioned them on different forums.

My husband will be thrilled with your comment Barb, I always pack to much.

Xtreme tape? is it like duck tape, and do we find it at any camping store?

Again, thank you all for your suggestions, it really is helping us a great deal!
onourway2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:37 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by onourway2013 View Post

Xtreme tape? is it like duck tape, and do we find it at any camping store?

Again, thank you all for your suggestions, it really is helping us a great deal!
This will explain what it is: http://toolmonger.com/2006/08/25/find-x-treme-tape/

Home Depot, Lowes and Harbor Freight sell it, however the best price is at Harbor Freight. Oh, Amazon peddles it too, but their price is much higher.

I did see a display at Home Depot with Xtreme Tape in colors besides black. Guess if you want a repair to be noticed.