Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2016, 02:07 PM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
That reminds me. Do you drink the water from your fresh water tank?
Oh hail yes. If it's nasty, there are ways to make it taste sooo good. But yes, that's what it's there for.

TonyMac is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2016, 02:45 PM   #44

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Do you have people walk up and ask if they can see inside your coach and if so how do you handle it?
Never had this happen. I've spent just under 50 nights in RV parks / campgrounds / etc. Occasionally we've had neighbors in who wanted to borrow something, especially when travelling in areas with a larger concentration of rental units, where they are not likely to have everything they need.

Quote:
We will most likely travel from 9:00AM to 5:00PM (8 hours). When you're underway for that amount of time do you run the refrigerator? I ask because road vibration can't be a friend of the components. I've read that an improperly leveled coach can hurt the operation.
Fridge is always on. Propane is always on. I know many people turn off the propane when underway, but we keep it running.

Quote:
While underway sitting on a couch for example, do you use a seatbelt?
We travel with children, and keep them belted whenever we're moving. In order to set a good example, we do the same. I had additional seat belts added to the coach in order to give us more seating options.

Quote:
Do you stand very often while underway other than using the bathroom? Hopefully not when you're driving!
Co-pilot is often up, attending to kids, or gathering snacks, or checking on a loose rattle in the back, etc. I don't go more than 90 minutes without stopping at a rest area to stretch legs, walk around a bit, etc. This is true for me driving a car as well.

Quote:
Do you have many problems with panhandlers etc while pumping fuel?
Never has happened. But we live an urban metropolis, so we have highly-refined skills at dealing with panhandlers A simple "No thank you," plus looking directly at them, plus a "no thank you" hand gesture does the trick 99% of the time.

Quote:
Yes, definitely. We disinfect the tank and all the lines every year with a diluted bleach solution.

Old 06-03-2016, 03:07 PM   #45

Quote:
We don't as a rule, but I'm sure there would be no problem if we did. We do brush our teeth, cook with it. But then again we don't even drink the tap water at home.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 06:40 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonny1 View Post
We are in transit and a large rock hit the windshield and left a large softball sized crack. We are trying to get it repaired on the road but have had no luck with anyone having the windshield in stock. We aren't sure how far we can drive with it before it gets worse - we can see fine out the windshield. Any advice?

Welcome to iRV2 Nonny1!!!!
If you call your insurance co they will advise you on what best to do, and direct you to a window replacement shop.
Please post a Howdy in the New Member section.
Happy trails

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:27 PM   #47

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We drink it and make Iced Tea for the road with it. I have a whole coach filter for the incoming water and a smaller one on the ice machine. Never had an issue.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 12:05 AM   #48

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I will not show anyone the inside of my coach while on the road with the exception of a fellow rv'er.

We start our fridge in march and only shut it down when and if the coach is going to be winterized.

The only seatbelts that are used are the driver and co pilot seats. If we are anywhere else in the coach while underway, we are usually laying down.

We often stand while underway whether it is to use the bathroom or to make some lunch.

I have only been approached by a panhandler once while driving the motorhome. He was asking for some gas to get home. I told him with the mileage this thing gets that I would be lucky to get home! LOL
Old 06-04-2016, 12:12 AM   #49

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yes we use our water for drinking and cooking as well as bathing. Thats what it is there for!
Old 06-04-2016, 12:17 AM   #50

Since I got a Wheelmate, reviews can be seen at Amazon
it seems that my options while going down the road are almost limitless. I am not sure the the Wheelmate will work on a MH steering wheel, but it has certainly made driving my Silverado a lot less tedious.
RichH
aguablanco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 01:33 AM   #51

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Class A motorhomes are a thing of beauty and I'm sure great curiosity for some. I'd like to know what you do in differing circumstances.

• Do you have people walk up and ask if they can see inside your coach and if so how do you handle it?

• We will most likely travel from 9:00AM to 5:00PM (8 hours). When you're underway for that amount of time do you run the refrigerator? I ask because road vibration can't be a friend of the components. I've read that an improperly leveled coach can hurt the operation.

• While underway sitting on a couch for example, do you use a seatbelt?

• Do you stand very often while underway other than using the bathroom? Hopefully not when you're driving!

• Do you have many problems with panhandlers etc while pumping fuel?

Thanks for your help
No, buy your own.
Frig is on. I just installed arp device.
Passengers are required to use seat belts.
No, I do the driving, wife is handicapped cant walk without walker. Other passengers get told to wait.
I use a credit card, no cash. I normally just say sorry no cash.
Old 06-04-2016, 11:32 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguablanco View Post
Since I got a Wheelmate, reviews can be seen at Amazon
it seems that my options while going down the road are almost limitless. I am not sure the the Wheelmate will work on a MH steering wheel, but it has certainly made driving my Silverado a lot less tedious.
RichH
This has got to be a joke. Seriously? Just this past week a guy who was texting murdered a woman near Raleigh when he ran into the back of her car.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 02:05 PM   #53

What do you do while underway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasA View Post
This has got to be a joke. Seriously? Just this past week a guy who was texting murdered a woman near Raleigh when he ran into the back of her car.

That's what I thought, until I saw how many competing products there are on Amazon. Doing your taxes while driving? Texting was bad enough. Now a desk for multitasking?

My friend's child managed to roll the Hummer next to her on the interstate while texting.
Old 06-05-2016, 01:17 AM   #54

While the product is real, and intended to ONLY be used while parked, the "reviews" are humor/satire. Did you guys actually believe they were true accounts of users??? Maybe I should get back into the bridge selling business. Let me reiterate, the reviews are humor, not actual user reviews. No people were ever endangered by the writing of those "reviews".
RichH
aguablanco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 07:35 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguablanco View Post
While the product is real, and intended to ONLY be used while parked, the "reviews" are humor/satire. Did you guys actually believe they were true accounts of users??? Maybe I should get back into the bridge selling business. Let me reiterate, the reviews are humor, not actual user reviews. No people were ever endangered by the writing of those "reviews".
RichH

They are entitled to humor, but we are not? And therein lies the problem. What seems a silly joke to one person may strike another as a good idea.
I had a motorhome salesman explain how comfortable this coach was to drive. His preferred method on the open highway was to kick off his shoes and put his feet up on the dash. Does this fall under humor or sensible idea?
Reading a book or the morning newspaper during your commute? I have seen it many times in the car next to me.
Texting and driving is not just a slogan. So many people sincerely believe that they can do it safely. A car up ahead caught my attention by the way it was being driven. Sure enough, the young lady's eyes were on her lap, not on the road. There was a warm body in the driver's seat, but nobody was driving.
Old 06-05-2016, 07:54 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Our vacuum doesn't seem to have much suction and I've found a section of the pipe disconnected and replaced the bag. Still not very powerful.

We have the washer/dryer stack combo. The only "problem" is that the dryer is 240 Volt so have to run the gen or be on a 50 amp shore power.
Yup ... vacuum, hoses, and pipes are in the dumpster. With nearly all tile a small upright works fine ... same with our older RV with hardwood floors.

Do you have any other 240 appliances (like a cooktop)?