Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-07-2012, 10:15 AM   #29
You can learn something new every day on here if you just research and read...

John, Deb; & our dog, Benji, Forever in our hearts.
2014 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS V-10
2011 Jeep Liberty Jet & 2014 Jeep Wrangler
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2012, 10:16 AM   #30
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
I like the diversity of the people on here and the vast knowledge base. Also the willingness to share knowledge.

x2 Whether your a newbie or oldie these all apply.

98KSCA, 99MACA, 03 KSCA-3740- 8.1 Chev-- ALLISON Trans, now in good hands
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #31
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
I like the diversity of the people on here and the vast knowledge base. Also the willingness to share knowledge.

Ken, I note you travel with an African Gray parrot...we have had Buster for 29 years and he also goes with us. We put him in a cage while traveling but let him out when camped. However we can't leave him out when we are out of the m/h as he loves to chew on things....at home, he is never locked in his cage...he has free flight as we do not clip his wings or beak. He is housebroken and has a seperate perch to go to. He takes a turn around the house several times a day. When we get up and go into the kitchen for coffee, he lands on the wife's shoulder, walks down her arm to her hand and she holds him over the waste basket....He says "squat" and does his morning thing...gets a treat and flies back to his cage...so funny.

How do you travel with your Gray?

George WB5WFW
USAF Ret. Sony Corp. Ret.
1999 Bounder 34J, Ford V10
Boerne, TX
George Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #32
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It is just fun...

Also good for the ego to see I am not the only one to make mistakes.

And yes I am one of those that has auto correct set up on my iPad and it thinks that it is smarter than me, compounded by bad eye sight (site) and dyslexia... I am the one dragging my fingernails down the chalkboard.

But I am too old to change, so you can accept me or ignore me. You won't hurt my feeling
2010 Damon Daybreak 3204 Sport, bunkhouse with Jeep Wrangler toad.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:59 PM   #33
Solo Rvers Club
What a great topic! I like a community that shares. And when it comes to sharing, this community rocks! Good and bad, trusting and not, wisdom and wanderings from distant companions, sometimes misunderstood or the occasional mistake, but most often great advice, pick and choose what works, diverse opinions from a maturing crowd of fellow travelers, some argumentative but mostly heartfelt, bringing it and passing on the best that we can be, the whole kit and kaboodle.... An amazing group, IMO.

Thanks to all of you who participate regularly, your assistance has been immensely valuable to me. And a special thanks to those I've gotten to know a bit and to whom I often pay attention.... You've made life on the road a lot better!
'07 Itasca 35L/W22 FULL-TIMING
1000 Trails - VFW - 5 Yrs Army
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #34
Originally Posted by 4Knights View Post
and even Dunner!
I saw that.

I got that high post count in short period of time because I like sharing what I have learned here and experienced throughout my life.

And... those people who think they know it all, really upset those of us who actually do. That's a joke, only a joke. There is no one smarter than all of us together.
2004 32' National Sea Breeze 1311 Class A on a F-53 Chassis, CHF, TST TPMS, 5Star Tune.
If Dunner (RVM23) can't fix it, it ain't broke!
Cheap Handling Fix Poll. Click Here to vote?
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:31 PM   #35
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
These forums are an invaluable resource. You can give and get information on a variety of subjects concerning RVing or just general life experiences. It also helps to save money, time, and trouble. I am recovering my Flexsteel captain's chairs and couldn't figure out hope to remove the Flexsteel name plates from the arms with out damaging the seat or the badge. On the off chance I looked up Flexsteel and after reading about thirty comments to a thread, a member mentioned how her husband determined the the "Flexsteel" was badge was glued into the bezel. I saw the light. Lo and behold pulled the badge and there appeared two screws. Most of the time your questions have an experienced reply as an answer. The fact that someone shared this experience saved a me few curse words andd several replacement dollars. You can find diamond in the rough everyday here. JM2...

Ted Fulltiming in the DreamCatcher a
2008 Challenger 371PE on F53 w/ 2010 Cobalt
R'V there yet?
teddyu is offline   Reply With Quote