Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #43

It's a buyer's market, yes, and I imagine it will still be in a year when we plan on (maybe) selling. My concern isn't just how much we will be able to sell for but whether we will be able to sell it or not.

Is this a valid concern, or is there always going to be a buyer at the right price?

Does anyone have any statistics or ideas even on how long coaches take to sell depending on various model years and/or makes?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2012, 11:54 AM   #44

Monaco Owners Club
My question would be why did the owner only keep it for 1000 miles? Was it a victim of the Sandy floods?

Matchayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #45

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There will always be a buyer at the "right price", it's just according to just how much of a financial "hit" that you are willing to take. In my humble opinion, it would seem that an older model that wouldn't depreciate as much as the 2012 would make more sense. If the wraparound sofa is one of the main reasons for purchase, and you intend to use it for only this trip, then you may be buying for all the wrong reasons. Believe me when you go to sell it, the Tiffen brand and the sofa won't be a guarantee that it will sell for anything like you wish it would sell for. This is a very tough market for motor home sales right now - new or used. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Bronk
Old 11-19-2012, 03:29 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronk View Post
This is a very tough market for motor home sales right now - new or used.
When you see TV ads from RV dealers screaming about the multitude of "distressed" motor homes in their inventories......
Old 11-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #47

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ok. I will bite. Why not post the unit as a proposed for sale on Craigslist at your final destination. You may find a private party who will buy it off of you at the end of the trip.

It isn't unusual for folks to buy rigs from across the country and drive them. Perhaps by doing this they get a good deal and you pay them rent for your usage on the trip across the US.
wanderso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #48

As a point of reference you may want to check out the Tiffin RV Forum for Tiffin specific issues. Since you last owned a Tiffin there have been some issues that have arisen within the brand that you may want to check out before jumping into the pool.

As to the price for this particular unit, I think you can do better than the price you are being quoted. My suggestion would be to both check out the Tiffin Forum for any issues that may exist that would sway your diecision one way or another and see what a brand new rig of that model would cost you. You may be surprised.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderso View Post
Ok. I will bite. Why not post the unit as a proposed for sale on Craigslist at your final destination. You may find a private party who will buy it off of you at the end of the trip.

It isn't unusual for folks to buy rigs from across the country and drive them. Perhaps by doing this they get a good deal and you pay them rent for your usage on the trip across the US.

Good idea! But we're coming back. It's a round trip.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:20 PM   #50

Fleetwood Owners Club
Nobody, but nobody buys into a class A as an investment! It is a tired old cliche' but we buy for thrill of our lifestyle. Get it? Maybe? :
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:33 PM   #51

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4tfamily View Post
Is it me or is that math off? I'm getting 106,000+ for 25% off.
Nope, my math was off for some reason, darn pencil anyway, it made me figure it wrong!!

Now I gotta go find that pencil and throw it away before it causes me any more trouble.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:33 PM   #52

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I watch the consignment coaches at PPL Motorhomes and the Tiffins do not stay on the lot very long if they are in good shape and priced right.

Used RVs, Motorhomes for Sale, and Consigned sales - PPL Motor Homes

Also if you haven't checked out the Tiffin RV Network you might want to. They have a classified section with some nice coaches for sale.

Tiffin RV Network

Good Luck,
Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:39 PM   #53

4tfamily,

I know this tread is a few months old but was this 36LA you were interested an eBay sale from a guy in Orlando?

Rick
Old 01-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick_od View Post
4tfamily,

I know this tread is a few months old but was this 36LA you were interested an eBay sale from a guy in Orlando?

Rick

Yes, I believe it was on ebay, but I found it on another website. Pretty sure he was in Orlando. Why do you ask?

By the way, after considering all of the opinions here, we ended up with a 2008 Fleetwood Excursion. Who says we don't take people's advice?
Old 01-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #55

Monaco Owners Club
I can only say what I have read. A new rig needs a lot of time to get the bugs out. My firms has a 2012 tiffin and its in the shop once a month getting the bugs out. Is hate to see you traveling and spending time getting it fixed on the way out and back. He had toilet, sink , satellite, electrical problems. He loves his tiffin. Just takes time to get it right. He goes on 1 or 2 week trips right now to get it working properly.
That's what I heard.
Rick.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #56

update

In case anyone was wondering ......we bought the 2008 Fleetwood Excursion 40X...loved the floorplan, took our trip across the country and back, and are now selling the coach. Fingers crossed for it to go quickly! By the way, when we were purchasing, 4 units were sold out from under us, so maybe things aren't as bad as we think? Thanks again for steering us (pun intended) in the right direction!