Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2015, 06:30 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnanne View Post
We would have liked to have bunks for similar reasons but since we're full timing we thought we better go with the regular Bay Star for the upgrades that we think we'll need/want.

Ellen
The 3004 can be found in both Bay Star and Bay Star Sport.
WhatsHisName is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2015, 06:31 PM   #16

I prefer to have the stool on the drivers side. Black tank is tapered to the drain so with only a few gal of water, pass side is high and dry.
Dennis4809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 06:34 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd157k View Post
I like the 3 small slide-outs vs. a "full wall". I also like the rest of the plan with one exception... the shower. We usually have people (more like 'family we can't get rid of') in our unit and a 'public shower' would just not go over well. My guess is the bathroom door swings out to close off the area?
One REALLY nice thing is that it looks like a pretty good walking space when the sides are in. Lots of counter top area too.
All in all... I give it two thumbs up.
As I recall (if I didn't get my coaches mixed up), it has two pocket doors to separate the bathroom from the kitchen and another on the bedroom side. I really liked that - lots of flexibility.

For the space when the slides are in, that's really important for us so we're anxiously waiting for pictures or videos to see how it looks with them in. But we agree - it looks like it shouldn't be bad!

Ellen
lnanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 06:39 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDWEAK View Post
I am not a fan of passenger side slide outs, especially near the door. They get in our way, we spend a lot of time out doors and I tend to find them the hard way. But that is me, you asked. Otherwise like the plan without right side slide. Good length also.
I really, really, really didn't want a slide on the passenger side for the same reasons. But we were in another model similar to this one without the slide and it was just too cramped with the dining area coming into the living area. So this is perhaps the best of both worlds - we can have the slide in when we want the outdoor area (although that has it drawbacks with the side walls taking up room), and have it out when we don't need it!

Ellen
Old 10-02-2015, 06:42 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti Brown View Post
We just bought a Bay Star and REALLY like it, so I am a bit non-objective The floor plan you selected looks good. Only thing you want to be certain of is how well you will like having a refrigerator essentially isolated from the kitchen with no nearby landing space for what you are taking out of it. The little shelf on the pantry is pretty small (ours is just like it).

That said, there is almost never a perfect floor plan. You want the one that is the best fit for you, so if this one meets your needs, by all means go for it!
Exactly right on the perfect floor plan (we kept trying !!). Great point about the staging issue. Not sure if we'd want a little island cart to move as needed? Might be a pain to have when not in use?!

Ellen
Old 10-02-2015, 06:46 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis4809 View Post
I prefer to have the stool on the drivers side. Black tank is tapered to the drain so with only a few gal of water, pass side is high and dry.
Interesting thought! All of our other motorhomes have had the black tank on the drivers side. This is a perfect example of not thinking about things that worked well on your existing coach but you don't notice is different on a new one!

Can't say that would change our minds but it puts in in the negative column I suppose!!

Thanks!

Ellen
Old 10-02-2015, 06:56 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Nice pantry space too . Looks like all drains are not in a slide , this can be a positive .. Fridge in the slide will be OK . you may have to add a couple of
fans in back ,, maybe not either .. not a big deal . 2 thumbs up !
Old 10-02-2015, 07:15 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsHisName View Post
The 3004 can be found in both Bay Star and Bay Star Sport.
I didn't remember that so I had to go look at why we wouldn't chosen that. Two reasons - full wall slide and no windows in living area on passenger side (we prefer to see our camp and not our neighbors!). It's interesting how we all prioritize things differently!

Ellen
Old 10-02-2015, 07:45 PM   #23

That and the 3404 are the only two models I like in the Baystar lineup.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:00 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Some of you seem to be concerned about a full wall slide. Ours has our full bedroom wardrobe, pantry, 4 door refrigerator dining booth and sleeper sofa in it. Plus it has full basement storage that moves out with the slide. Never had an issue with it. If Newmar had offered one i am sure the would also know how to build it so it wouldn't have any problems.
chuckftboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 02:55 AM   #25
RV LIFE Support Team

I would be concerned about closet space, especially if you are full timing.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 09:55 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue46 View Post
I would be concerned about closet space, especially if you are full timing.
Yes, that is a concern to us as well, and the lack of storage everywhere in a coach this small for that matter. We figure it may take a few attempts to pare down to comfortably fit. But being smaller for fitting into more campgrounds is more important to us than stuff we can carry. At least I hope we still think that when we're done and on the road!
Old 10-04-2015, 05:49 AM   #27

I personally don't like a bed in the slideout. Would rather the bed be north and south and have closet/dresser in slide.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 05:59 AM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It looks like a nice workable floor plan, I would recommend sending the salesman for a cup of coffee and actually spending an hour in the RV "pretending" to go about your daily routines...including getting in and out of bed and using the bathroom (again, just pretend)! I agree about the curbside slide, we don't like losing patio room, but many do just fine with it; esp. if the slide is not too deep. Looks nice...you'll get used to the little quirks quick enough and learn to work around them. Have fun!!
fixn2gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote