Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2015, 07:45 AM   #1

What do you think of this floor plan?

We are going crazy waiting for pictures of the 2016 Bay Star 3227 so we can confirm this is the model we want. In the meantime, we thought we'd ask what people think of the floor plan. This is a gas model so we know many folks prefer diesel but talking floor plan only - why you would want or not want this floor plan?

For us the length (33 ft), passenger side window and a back window were high on our list. I like the split bathroom (more room) as well. I am thrilled the fridge is not in the hallway (a pain in past motorhomes we've had). We do plan to full time in it and believe the size will be fine based on our experience camping in many different types of RV's over the years. Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bay star 3227.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	108550  
lnanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2015, 08:07 AM   #2

Nice choice. Just the two of us and think this plan would work well. See nothing I don't like about it. We however, are looking very closely at the new 3004 model in the sport. Choosing the sport is due to the height restrictions of our existing carport. Wanted the 3004 for the bunks. Not so much for kids but for additional storage areas and a place to put a cat cage.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:09 AM   #3

Interesting floor plan! I am not a fan of the frig being in the slide out, but that is just me. The bottom line is what do YOU want and does this meet your needs!
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:27 AM   #4

I like the 3 small slide-outs vs. a "full wall". I also like the rest of the plan with one exception... the shower. We usually have people (more like 'family we can't get rid of') in our unit and a 'public shower' would just not go over well. My guess is the bathroom door swings out to close off the area?
One REALLY nice thing is that it looks like a pretty good walking space when the sides are in. Lots of counter top area too.
All in all... I give it two thumbs up.
Todd157k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:31 AM   #5

This is similar to the floor plan of our MH. I like the TV directly across from the sofa. This was the highest priority item for us when we selected our floor plan. I also like the table with free standing chairs. Finally, the living room is in the front of the MH so that the driver's and passenger seats can be incorporated into the living room for additional seating.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:35 AM   #6

Nice floor plan Looks like it has a sliding door to separate the shower from the galley. Also like the two windows by the bed and the straight view to the TV.
I also like the small slides versus the full wall slide.

cheers,
Joopy
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:37 AM   #7

I am not a fan of passenger side slide outs, especially near the door. They get in our way, we spend a lot of time out doors and I tend to find them the hard way. But that is me, you asked. Otherwise like the plan without right side slide. Good length also.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:43 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Something that is missing from many floor plans which might affect a lot of people. I use a CPAP machine when I sleep and those tiny night stands are barely big enough for a phone much less a CPAP machine. I have to bear this in mind while searching for a future MH.
tim myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:43 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We just bought a Bay Star and REALLY like it, so I am a bit non-objective The floor plan you selected looks good. Only thing you want to be certain of is how well you will like having a refrigerator essentially isolated from the kitchen with no nearby landing space for what you are taking out of it. The little shelf on the pantry is pretty small (ours is just like it).

That said, there is almost never a perfect floor plan. You want the one that is the best fit for you, so if this one meets your needs, by all means go for it!
Old 10-02-2015, 08:50 AM   #10

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We really like the 33' size and floorplan too. The opposing slides really open up the coach. If you want to full-time, I don't see space for laundry (personally, I'd rather use a laundromat) but some like it "in-house". Also, although the curbside salon slide creates more interior room, you lose "under-awning" space outside and most likely the awning will be fairly flat when extended giving less shade and poorer rain run-off. I'd love to do a walk-through of this plan, especially get in the shower as it seems a little narrow. p.s. love the 92" sofa.
TinCanTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:54 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
... We however, are looking very closely at the new 3004 model in the sport. ... Wanted the 3004 for the bunks. Not so much for kids but for additional storage areas ...
My same thoughts on the 3004! Love the kitchen counter space. Really nice for a 30'.
WhatsHisName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:07 AM   #12

What do you think of this floor plan?

In addition to the positive aspects mentioned by Algonquin, I would add that having a walk-around bed is very attractive feature. It means that one can actually gain access from both sides to makeup the bed and to use it.
AlgonquinFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 06:26 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
Nice choice. Just the two of us and think this plan would work well. See nothing I don't like about it. We however, are looking very closely at the new 3004 model in the sport. Choosing the sport is due to the height restrictions of our existing carport. Wanted the 3004 for the bunks. Not so much for kids but for additional storage areas and a place to put a cat cage.
We would have liked to have bunks for similar reasons but since we're full timing we thought we better go with the regular Bay Star for the upgrades that we think we'll need/want.

Ellen
Old 10-02-2015, 06:29 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2Home View Post
Interesting floor plan! I am not a fan of the frig being in the slide out, but that is just me. The bottom line is what do YOU want and does this meet your needs!
We agree - makes me nervous about the weight. But we're happy it's not a full wall slide which would bother us even more!

Yes, it is true it's what WE want but it's really great to hear other perspectives in case we hadn't considered something that might bother us in the long run!

Thanks!

Ellen