Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2010, 11:57 AM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Ryegal
what do you use to help keep the heat in during the winter

Hi I have 2 mh one a class C and a class A I would like to put some kind of window treatment s on to help keep the heat in any suggestions will be helpful. Please don't suggest going south I still have to work for another year.
Ryegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2010, 02:56 PM   #2

I have two types. One (for the fixed windows) is simply 1/2" thick blue foam board (found in the insulation section at Lowes/Home Depot type places). I covered them with canvas drop cloth and painted that white to reflect the sun (originally used in the summer but works for winter use). For the Sliding windows that I sometimes open even during the winter I use Reflectix (also in the insulation dept) looks like silver bubble wrap. It does not work as well since I keep moving it to peek out the window or shifting it to open the window, it "wrinkles". The front windshield is two pieces of foam board and a center piece of Reflectix (to fit around the rear view mirror in the center). Not the prettiest but works great. Does make the interior a little dark but I can "open" the Reflectix to lighten things up a little.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:33 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
The best way we found was, A little thing called a heat cube; you plug it into the 110 outlet in your coach they turn on at 34 degrees;; and I would put a Shielded Light under the sinks and one at the pump;with the water drained I never had any problems. And a 60 watt only draws 1/2 amp So 4 would only be 2 amps. maybe $1.00 per month; They also help keep the moisture level down,.
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:00 AM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have not tried this yet, but read about using clear shrink wrap insulation over most of the window openings. It is available from most home improvement centers and is applied with a hair dryer. This adds an R value to the insulation of the window opening and seals drafts from coming into the coach, but still allows all the light to come in.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote