Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-10-2014, 06:21 AM   #29
I carry mine in a "tank stabilizer" .... they are usually in the same aisle as the tanks/hoses at Home Depot or Lowes. There are sometimes a few styles (round or square) ... about $10.

Shop BernzOmatic Rubber Propane Tank Stabilizer at Lowes.com

2005 Newmar Essex 4502
1997 HR Endeavor 37, CAT, 1996 Geo Tracker
bruceisla is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2014, 06:41 AM   #30

Originally Posted by 336muffin View Post
I use a 20 lb tank as well. The tank fits perfectly in a standard milk crate. We use the tank for the grill and a propane firepit.
We use the 20lb tank as well for both the grill (Weber 2000) and the fire pit at the same time, but when we do, the gas grill doesn't work as well as when only the gas grill is on. What are your experiences? Did you need to do anything special so that both worked as if only one was connected?

As for the milk crate. I found that they come in either a square shape or a rectangle shape. The rectangle shape has enough room to store 2 small 1 pound tanks in the corner. I think I got the rectangle shaped crate at either Office Depot or Staples.

Lastly, can you use a quick disconnect for both the fire pit and the grill?

Thanks for your help.

OWV, Our Wandering View
Entegra Anthem, 44B

OWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:20 AM   #31
Originally Posted by Pepper2 View Post
Google milk crates. Staples,Office Depot have something similar called file crates.
Sorry, and thanks, i am looking to pilfer one from friends house. Am,still interested i fitting measurements.
Disneyfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:07 PM   #32
All you need to buy is the natural gas hose from Home Depot which is approx 10' long c/w quik connect and brass adapter fittings after removing regulator from Weber. Be sure to connect on low pressure side of coach propane piping
SEARCH - natural+gas+hose - Home Improvement, Home Renovation, Tools, & Hardware | Home Depot Canada
Probably 1/2 the price in US.

2013 Tiffin Allegro 36LA OPEN ROAD
2012 Honda CRV AWD toad
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote