Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2014, 06:08 PM   #1

What else do I need if buying a weber 2200 to run off house lp?

I am looking for a grill to run off my 2011 Allegro house propane. Besides for the grill what else do I need to accomplish this? I was thinking Weber 2200.
Any other recommendations?
Thanks.
Disneyfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2014, 07:58 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Here's a video that might help with the Weber hook up and the 'Extend A Stay' kit.

Personally, I prefer to use a twenty pound LP bottle with the hose kit I got at Home Depot. BTW, we love our Weber Baby Q.

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:02 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I prefer using a 20# bottle too. If I want to set up the grill a liitle away form the MH, I don't want to be restricted by the length of the hose going to the coach.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:23 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
I prefer using a 20# bottle too. If I want to set up the grill a liitle away form the MH, I don't want to be restricted by the length of the hose going to the coach.
You may or may not have a problem running the weber off the coach due to the regulator Weber use.
Sone regs lock up when used with long hoses- they think there is a leak.
I threw the weber reg away and replaced it with one from Ace hardware to solve this problem.
I use the 20lb bottle for short stops and the coach supply for long stays.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:40 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by scenic route View Post
Personally, I prefer to use a twenty pound LP bottle with the hose kit I got at Home Depot. BTW, we love our Weber Baby Q.
Thanks! They sell the adapter I need at HD? IS quick connect any easier? Does a 20 ft hose pose a prob, we would like to move bbq a little away from mh.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:22 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfix View Post
Thanks! They sell the adapter I need at HD? IS quick connect any easier? Does a 20 ft hose pose a prob, we would like to move bbq a little away from mh.
It may be fine.
If the regulator locks you out, you can follow Webers guide to "unlocking" the regulator.
If it locks again just change to a standard regulator. It will save you spending hours trying to cook a meal with little to no heat.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:18 PM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
You are probably getting some pretty good advice but one thing is definitely missing. You asked what you needed with your Weber 2200 and I would say you need a couple of good steaks. Cook 'em if you got 'em.
Peterd503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:31 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Yes, they sell both the Weber and the hose kit to fit it. I've not had any problem with the 20 lb bottle set up as described. If there's any questions, the HD guys can help find whatever you need.

Ok, I see the rest of the question. I have no experience with such a long hose. I posted the video because you wanted a way to hook up to your RV's tank. I didn't go that way because I find it much easier to take the 20 lb. bottle (I carry an extra tank as well) for filling rather than a 22k lb. RV to a fill station...and cheaper too. I can take this setup as near or as far away from the RV as needed.

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:52 PM   #9

Remove the Regulator and install a Male Quick Connector. Tee into one of the lines to an appliance in the MH ( like the fridge) that is regulated off the tank. Install a 1/4" hose of what ever length you require. On one end of the hose you will have a 1/4" NPT fitting that will thread into the Tee. On mine, I added a Shut-off Valve so I could remove the hose if required without effecting the House Propane System.
The other end of the hose will have a Female Quick Coupler with a No-Go Valve that will only allow you to turn on the Propane after it is coupled to the BBQ.
BBQ Shops will have all these parts on hand and be able to give you a hand with what you need.
You should have basic knowledge of Gas Fitting Practice to tackle this but it is not rocket science. Attached Thumbnails

Old 02-26-2014, 11:51 AM   #10

Thank you gentlemen!
With so many taking additional lp with them....where and how are you securing the tank??????
Thanks again.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:34 PM   #11

I have Weber Q220 hooked to our Allegro. Add 1/2" tee to downstream side of propane regulator on MH tank and 1/2" shutoff valve. Purchase a 15' natural gas BBQ hose c/w quick connect, pipe QC to valve after tank regulator , remove regulator at Weber bbq, and adapt to hose connection. Cost 40-50$.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:27 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezolen View Post
I have Weber Q220 hooked to our Allegro. Add 1/2" tee to downstream side of propane regulator on MH tank and 1/2" shutoff valve. Purchase a 15' natural gas BBQ hose c/w quick connect, pipe QC to valve after tank regulator , remove regulator at Weber bbq, and adapt to hose connection. Cost 40-50$.
Cool, that is exactly what dennis45 (what it shows in the pictures) did right?
Old 03-01-2014, 04:27 AM   #13

Quote:
Thank you gentlemen!
With so many taking additional lp with them....where and how are you securing the tank??????
Thanks again.
No really....how do you guys carry that extra lp tanks, anything special?
Old 03-01-2014, 04:37 AM   #14

I use a 20 lb tank as well. The tank fits perfectly in a standard milk crate. We use the tank for the grill and a propane firepit.