Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2015, 07:18 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
So, we called Lazy Days in Tampa and asked a sales guy, Gus, to start helping us look for our new ride. However there was also talk of a big dealer in Texas that many where happy with?
Anybody have any other Dealers that they suggest that may be willing to help do some of the leg work

BlueOx Aladdin Toads: Tahoe or 2500HD, BrakeBuddy Classic
mc4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2015, 07:30 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa Miller View Post
It's been for sale there for over a year now. I know because when I was looking for mine it was there. Price drop.

1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 07:53 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Read the thread and did not notice any mention of a stackable washer/dryer. Probably missed it but I am going to add it anyway.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:26 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Read the thread and did not notice any mention of a stackable washer/dryer. Probably missed it but I am going to add it anyway.

Very good Point, yes washer Dryer will be a must as well. We actually use our Washer/dryer combo a lot. Thanks for adding it
Old 06-20-2015, 06:04 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
These guys always have some nice rigs >>> Luxury Pre-Owned Motorhome Dealer for Foretravel Newell Country Coach.
Safe-T-Plus
Pa Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 08:26 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have looked at them, I tell you guys I really like that TS 07 in the picture, however looking at it all I think the price is a little high.
What do you guys think one should offer on this coach?
It looks well used, but clean Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1434893164.237744.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	191.6 KB
ID:	97936
Old 06-21-2015, 08:43 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc4fun View Post
Last night I head to bed and my DW is on her IPad. I ask what she is doing, her answer... I am looking at RV's for sale on that app I downloaded.
After 20 years there are not many surprises left, however that one qualified as one of those moments��.
After talking to her looks like she really likes the 1.5 bath options. She also stated she likes some of the ones with the table and 2 chairs (she was not of fan of these in the past) however these may give more room for the dogs.
She is also a big fan of the pull out counter space.....
Makes me very happy to see her getting involved. Just thought I would share ��
Hi there, My wife has done the evolving here. She turned me onto 1.5 bath, extra counter space, and other things. We have looked at a lot of RVs and we were completely dumbfounded when we saw the new floorplan on the Winnebago Tour - the 42HD. There is the Grand Tour also and the same floorplan is the 42HL. We quess the "L" means luxury. Anyway, 1.5 bath, when the slide goes out it creates extra counter space, we absolutely love the bend in the floorplan the makes the bed not visible from the lounge area, and we absolutely hate coaches that have the refrigerator very near the bed and the HD clearly satisfies our needs. So, we're making changes in our life to get one next year. It's worth a look.

Also, about the side radiator issue. If we were going to be putting 50,000 miles a year on our coach for the next decade then we'd want a side radiator. But we'll probably put 15,000 the first year and maybe 5K to 10K a year after that for a while and probably not that much really. So the rear radiator will suit us just fine. The side radiator is not a panacea for all engine/chassis configuration ills as some may claim.

Cheers
Old 06-22-2015, 10:02 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterson View Post
Hi there, My wife has done the evolving here. She turned me onto 1.5 bath, extra counter space, and other things. We have looked at a lot of RVs and we were completely dumbfounded when we saw the new floorplan on the Winnebago Tour - the 42HD. There is the Grand Tour also and the same floorplan is the 42HL. We quess the "L" means luxury. Anyway, 1.5 bath, when the slide goes out it creates extra counter space, we absolutely love the bend in the floorplan the makes the bed not visible from the lounge area, and we absolutely hate coaches that have the refrigerator very near the bed and the HD clearly satisfies our needs. So, we're making changes in our life to get one next year. It's worth a look.

Also, about the side radiator issue. If we were going to be putting 50,000 miles a year on our coach for the next decade then we'd want a side radiator. But we'll probably put 15,000 the first year and maybe 5K to 10K a year after that for a while and probably not that much really. So the rear radiator will suit us just fine. The side radiator is not a panacea for all engine/chassis configuration ills as some may claim.

Cheers
We purchased our Tour from Lichtsinn Motors. Happy with the deal and really happy with how they have treated us since we bought the coach. We think of them as family.

Just got back from having some work done there. Had them do some custom work and add some features we wanted. Factory quality installation.

They had a Tour, Grand Tour and Elipse Ultra on the lot.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:25 AM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Here is my random thoughts on your quest.

We have a Spartan Chassis, and its a great chassis for sure, but we had a problem last year, and tried everyone and their cousin and nobody would touch it. In our endeavors to find someone to work on it, we went to 4 Freightliner service centers. While yes Spartan does have a great reputation, there is a Freighliner shop in just about every decent size city across the US. Spartan has maybe 1 or 2. Yes they have a bunch of "Affiliated Repair Centers", but once you get there, they are really a shop that kind of sometimes works on Spartan stuff. Ended up just having the part overnighted in to my RV park and did the repairs myself. Not down on Spartan and if I found the right deal would buy again, just think if you can find an equal in Frightliner, that might be a better route.

Also, take a look at the Revolution, its a coach that does not get talked about a lot, but they sure are nice rigs.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:29 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the reply DegoRed!
This is defiantly something to consider.
Over the last week we have talked to Lazy Days in FL as well as mSRV in Dallas, and the dealer in AK.
Either, all have stated that they are very busy and will get back to us.
One dealer has a coach we are looking at pretty hard on the lot, but it is like pulling teeth to get some of the leg work done.
I can only assume that most dealers no longer pay on commission.

I am not in a position to run all over the place for the right unit and need the sales guy to do some of the work.

We will continue our quest non the less!!!!
Old 06-29-2015, 08:43 AM   #25

When we were looking we asked here and over on rvnet if someone was in the area and could look at a coach for us. Every time someone offered. If you happen to be looking at a foretravel there is a fella that lives in Nacogdoches that is on foreforums that looks at coachs and will take pictures for you.

1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote