Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2011, 03:08 PM   #15

Crawled under the beast

And lubed all the grease fittings with mobil one synthetic it was my lucky day the zirk fittings on the drive line were in the 6 o' clock position.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2011, 03:15 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Installed Horst Miricle probes for Black & Grey tanks.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:03 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Good for You Guys calico...that sounds fantastic, I am rebuilding our warer pump, pin hole in the 5 port diaphram, then loading up for Tennessee, and on to Florida for a couple weeks! Winterize when we return..........that'll be a downer.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:03 PM   #18

Just got ours set for winter (put the pink stuff it) broke the city water valve in the process but added a switch to over ride the stairs from opening when the door is opened. We are on our third set of stairs...
Old 11-12-2011, 10:51 AM   #19

Country Coach Owners Club
FYI.

This question has received over 12,000 posts on RV.Net and still gets posts daily.

Seems to have a life of its own!
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:28 PM   #20

We're sitting in Quartzsite BLM chasing a chipmunk that got into our basement while we were in Valley of Fire.
We removed everything from the bays, but couldn't find him/her anywhere. Tomorrow, I'll run into Blythe to buy a few mouse traps for the job ....... Dave
Old 11-13-2011, 07:05 AM   #21

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Debated whether or not to put water into the winterized coach for an upcoming 6 day trip to Arizona.

I can always load bottles of water and use the campground facilities, but having water on board is so convenient. But re-winterizing on return is such a hassle in the cold...
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:25 PM   #22

Installed a solar fan and vent cover on our refrigerator and wired the RV outlet on the motor home shed.
Scooter Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #23

Flushed out my hot water tank today. Going to install a new 42" flat screen up front and try to fit a 32" flat screen in the bedroom over the holiday weekend. If I am successful I will look at changing out my sound system over the x-mas break.

Mike Gosselin
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 39S
mgosselin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:40 PM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Exciting day!! Emptied and flushed the black and grey tanks. Filled the fresh water tank. Unstopped the drain hose from the fridge. Should I mention the shower I took when I unstopped the hose. All that wore me out so now I'm going to take a nap.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:23 PM   #25

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I replaced the pump on my leveling sustem
jimbooth25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:48 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Built a tire inflator to use with the coaches onboard compressor, no need to carry a separate compressor anymore. This will work on any coach with an air compressor. My compressor will develop 130 psi which is more than enough for the 110 psi i run in the front tires.

I was able to top off the rear duals in one compressor cycle. Bleed the system below 90 psi and topped off the front tires. It took about 10 minutes total, then another 10 minutes experimenting with different lock on air chucks.

Total cost $71.00 not including the digital tire inflator, I had it laying around the garage. I think it was $60.00 when I bought it from Snap-On. You can buy a nice inflator for under $30.00.

Stores in less space than the pancake compressor did no where near the weight of a compressor.

1) I start with an air filter connected to the coaches air outlet,
2) then 50' of 1/4" poly hose (very small when rolled up),
3) then to an in-line bleeder valve (not pictured), this allows me to bleed the system below 90 psi to cause the compressor to kick on if needed. This is simpler than having the DW pump the breaks to bleed the system down. THis is necessary if the system pressure falls below desired tire pressure. If this happens the tire with greater pressure will back flow to the compressor, causing the tire to lose pressure
4) then to a pressure gauge that allows me to monitor the coaches air pressure, I watch this gauge to let me know when there is sufficient pressure to inflate the tire,
5) digital tire inflator,
6) then 2nd inline bleeder (not pictured), this allows me to let air out of the tire should I miss my mark and over inflate,
7) 12' of lead to allow me to stand a safe distance 12' back along side the coach,
8) swivel, so when I am 12' away the pull on the hose turns 90 degrees to reduce strain on the lock on air chuck,
9) lock on air chuck with open check, an open check is important as it allows air in the tire to flow back to the inflator gauge to produce a tire pressure reading.

Here os the video link where I got the idea
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tire Inflator.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	610.6 KB
ID:	15808  
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:27 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Installed a Wineguard Traveler SK3005 HD.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:49 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Based on our shopping list, at the January Tampa Super Show. We'll pass $20K of installed after market necessities. Not bad for 6 years.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome