Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2011, 12:48 PM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by clifftall View Post
How do you get past the Yukon Terr and other Cdn. Prov's ? Sorry if I'm hijacking.
I keep the shotgun with me when crossing in to Canada I leave a .45 cal in Alaska and pick up the .40 cal in the lower 48.

The shotgun permit in Canada is $25.00 and is good for 2 months.

I've never had the Canadians search the MH but still would not violate their laws. I find life is so much simpler when you play by the rules.

sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2011, 07:48 AM   #44

trying to get rid of the mouse that we found for the first time in 4 years traps are down dryer sheets are in every surface has been cleaned or vacuum let's hope it works

Old 11-29-2011, 12:50 PM   #45

Freightliner Owners Club
Overland Owners Club
Replaced all 5 front clip lights. There were all cracked and broken on the top edge. Came that way from PO.

I am doing over-dash cabinet rework (old tv hole) and found moisture on fibergalss above windshield. Turns out the clip lights were filling with water during hard or long rain. Water pressure would force water through back of lights, by way of the bulb sockets, through the factory holes in the fiberglass for the clip lights. All 5 old ones still had water in them when I removed them - no rain for over 2 weeks.

New clip lights with new seals and screws. No leaks during the last 3-day rain.

All is good.
Cougarkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:08 AM   #46

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Had to go to the dealer and meet with the police about some one breaking into my coach while it is there for repairs. They didn't get into mine but they did mess up the door now got to get in touch with the insurance company and go through all that stuff. Could have been worse there are several travel. Trailers and fifth wheels that they did get into and they took all the electronics out of them
Old 12-07-2011, 05:58 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnandcaren View Post
Getting ideas from shows and just browsing, we have upgraded our 39 ft gas as follows. Maybe this is too much for this post??

1. Replaced bath vanity top and tiny sink with a large, solid mahogany vanity top, glass bowl sink and nice faucet.

2. Took out round dine table and replaced with a T shaped, fold down cherry table. More table room when up and more floor space when down.

3. Added fold up/down maple cutting board that's big (16x36 inch).

4. Added 2 110 vac outlets. It had pathetically few.

5. Added BR ceiling fan. Dash CB radio.

Oh well, there ya go.

Would you be able to post pictures of BR ceiling fan. We have been thinking of looking into this. Was your unit set up for it?

Thanks
mgosselin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:20 PM   #48

Freightliner Owners Club
Overland Owners Club
Just installed "Reflextix" insulation on the windshield. It is 5/16" foam with foil on both sides. It comes in a roll and is flexible. Got a 4' x 25' roll for $39.95 at Lowes.

10' long piece cut to 45 1/2" tall, a tight fit, slid it along the inside of the windshield all the way across and around the corners. Holds itself in place. Cut a 48"x48" piece for the drivers window and used the cut off strip from the windshield as a wedge to hold the bottom in place. Added 26" x 48" pieces to one of the slide windows and a bedroom window. (single pain windows)

It is cold here right now, 28 degrees, and I could tell the difference immediately.

Also started on a supplimental heat setup. Tapping into the propane furnace plenum (4" duct hole) to force some heat from an electric space heater. If it works out, I will have under $20 dollars in it, not counting the space heater that I already had. If not, I put the plug back in and move on.

Will post results after I finish.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:20 PM   #49

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarkid
Just installed "Reflextix" insulation on the windshield. It is 5/16" foam with foil on both sides. It comes in a roll and is flexible. Got a 4' x 25' roll for $39.95 at Lowes
So did I! In fact just wrote a post about the whole process yesterday.
http://wheelingit.wordpress.com/tag/reflectix/

The insulation definitely makes a difference! Felt it the very first night.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:34 AM   #50

Here are the new tv's and home theater system. 37" in the front and a 32" in the back. Kids loved the PS3 on the 32" instead of the old 19".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7596.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	16238   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7597.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	248.9 KB
ID:	16239  

mgosselin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:09 PM   #51

installed a reel (hand crank) for the air hose. Had the hose connected to the DP compressor, but the hose was just coiled in the front bay where the outlet was (messey). Ran a secondary hose to the rear (empty) storage space that is too small for much of anything else. Now the reel holds the hose and enough room left there for the guage and inflator. My set-up seems less complicated than a previous post on tire inflation. outlet...hose..reel...guage (shows pressure comming) inflator with guage and air release button all in one. Inflator w/guage and button from Lowes.
Don't dream your life away, but live your dream
Long Island Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:31 PM   #52

Freightliner Owners Club
Overland Owners Club
Shimed the hinges on the main door so it will close correctly, without slamming it. Rebuilt and adjusted the screen door latch so it stays latched to the main door.
Disassembled and resealed the shower sliding door assembly.

Vacuumed - does that count?
Old 12-28-2011, 07:31 PM   #53

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarkid View Post
Just installed "Reflextix" insulation on the windshield. It is 5/16" foam with foil on both sides. It comes in a roll and is flexible. Got a 4' x 25' roll for $39.95 at Lowes.

10' long piece cut to 45 1/2" tall, a tight fit, slid it along the inside of the windshield all the way across and around the corners. Holds itself in place. Cut a 48"x48" piece for the drivers window and used the cut off strip from the windshield as a wedge to hold the bottom in place. Added 26" x 48" pieces to one of the slide windows and a bedroom window. (single pain windows)

It is cold here right now, 28 degrees, and I could tell the difference immediately.

Also started on a supplimental heat setup. Tapping into the propane furnace plenum (4" duct hole) to force some heat from an electric space heater. If it works out, I will have under $20 dollars in it, not counting the space heater that I already had. If not, I put the plug back in and move on.

we did the refletix stuff a while back and dw made fabric covers for them, they roll up when we travel and are held in place with snaps across the top when deploy them
she used deer print on the road side and warm tropical fish for the inside
sort of brightens up a cold winter day.
we also made some for the side windows and door
some are bears and some are fish and some are owls
they help allot in summer to, as the front windshield roll down screens do nothing for the suns heat.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	deer screens02.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	16654   Click image for larger version

Name:	window screen 2.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	16655  

Name:	window screen 1.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	16656  
Old 01-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #54

I have used this insulation for several years. It also does a great job keeping the summertime sun out. However, I have been told that it promotes fogging on dual pane windows. Is this an Urban Legend, or truth? I had our driver and passenger side dual windows rebuilt, and have stopped using the reflective material on these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarkid View Post

George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:06 AM   #55

Monaco Owners Club
I replaced the old bedroom TV with a new HD 27" Samsung. I made a frame that I could mount the TV to that could open and installed a shelf. DW is happy with extra storage. I used a Piano hinge and 2 heavy duty latches from CW. I am still trying to match the stain that Monaco used.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Rear TV Install 1.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	292.5 KB
ID:	16790   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear Tv install 2.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	313.3 KB
ID:	16791  

Old 01-03-2012, 07:56 AM   #56

Brought a 2011 Fourwinds Hurricane on the way home DW started decorating. She's putting in curtains, pictures and making it like home. Me I'm staying out of the way because anything I say would just get me in trouble so I promise to drive and let her have her way with her new home on wheels.

Tags
motorhome