Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #57
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Rick, tell me how you installed the LEDs. I have been trying to do this for several weeks and only able to connect one to a light for the coach, cannot figure out how to hook up the chassis battery switch.

2001 Bounder 36S Ford F53, 2000 Tracker 2 door toad, 2 kids Jake & Toby (4 legs)
Bounder4rfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2012, 05:16 PM   #58
What have I done to my Motor Home? Where do I begin, The out side, 1 replaced the tires 2 installed new Shocks. 3 installed Air Bags on the rear axle. 4 New Battery's House and Engine. 4 installed Steer safe . Now for the inside. 1 New Carpet. 2 new Kitchen Faucet.3 Two new Led TV's. 4 new converter. 5 new Memory foam mattress. 6 new Lp detector. 7 Carbon monoxide detector. 8 fixed the rear window was fogged up. wcombs34

wcombs34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #59
Drove it from Cocoa Fl to Umitilla Fl, for 6 days and then to Tampa to dream!
Lault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #60
Vintage RV Owners Club
today i ripped the fridge out of my old trailer and installed it in my rv, its a little smaller but it beats buying a new one, mine was missing when i bought the rv this summer. 1975 dodge superior 28 ft
montecoolkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:16 AM   #61
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just replaced all 54 cabinet handles on my 01 Bounder DP. Replaced the gold ones to a more modern brushed nickel handles.
Sonny,Ilana,Michelle and Alex - Hollister California
2001 Bounder 37K Diesel Pusher ISB5.9 Banks350hp.
'06 Touareg V10 TDi-'98 Jetta TDi-93 Geo Tracker
Sonnydale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:03 PM   #62

Monaco Owners Club
Mine is in storage. The batteries are home in the warm garage, and the coach is sitting cold and dead in a staroage lot.
Frankly, it's killing me... if. Cash flow was a lil better, i'd be finding a place to park her where I could hookup and dewinterize.
None of this is helped by the simple fact that so far. Winter has forgotten to come to the midwest....
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #63
Found the squeek

The squeek sounded like in front then to the side looked for over a year looking every were. I found it to be the windshild molding rubbing on the glass (this made the windshield into a speaker) and the like a surrond sound.
490FRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #64
Well, since I brought it home from storage last week, today I emptied all the kitchen cupboards and cleaned the mouse dirt from them. I washed all the cutlery and kitchen towels. then a thorough vacuum of the entire coach. Next job is to pack some summer clothes for the impending Florida trip in three weeks.
98 Beaver Monterey, 3126 Cat
2010 Toyota Matrix on dolly
beachboy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #65
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
You, and everyone really need to try and keep mice out of the RVs. Do ALL you can to keep 'em out !!!
They love to chew on wiring and engine vacuum lines. That could cost you a lot of misery and $$$$$, $$$$, $$$$$.

But I don't really mind, as I make a living doing the repairs.
'94 Bounder 32h. Chevy V-8 44k miles and like new. Tow 4 down '85 Nissan 4x4 Kingcab
Retire in 1yr. 3mo. , but who's counting
mr300ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #66
I've replaced my 30" Sharp TV with a 32" Sony (required trim work to be done by my cabinet maker), had a slide out wine bottle drawer installed under the sink (tired of a box under the dinning table), replaced my audio system with a current model (re-using the existing speakers), upgraded the driving stereo/GPS/CD/iPod system, replaced my dome satellite with a HDTV Motosat system, and then the regular maintenance things that go with a MH, batteries, filters, controllers and stuff. Oh what fun, wouldn't trade it for anything.
2-Nickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:21 PM   #67
I fixed our screen door latch, replaced the rubber grommets on the cook top, fixed co-pilots beverage holder and am trying to find a replacement for our cracked outside faucet!
a bad day camping is still better than a good day working.
sparks1032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #68
Send a message via Skype™ to Troglegs
70,000 miles, '99 Fleetwood Southwind 35S - F53 Chassis
Tom & Sue and Jack, our ridge-less Rhodesian Ridgeback doggie

Added a 1500/3000 watt inverter with remote switch including auto transfer switch to switch between Genny/Shorepower to the inverter seamlessly. Put 95% of AC outlets on the inverter. Tested it by boondocking at the beach for a week. House batteries kept enough power input for inverter to power such momentary needs as 1850 watt hair dryer, chargers for iPhones, etc. had enough power to run crockpot for 5 hours at 170 watts draw! Installed Costco 58 watt solar panel set with charge controller to recharge house batteries. Oh yeah, had to install Bose 3-2-1 Surround Sound system with subwoofer under slide out couch. Listened to Top Gun as it played on 26" LCD TV. Awesome sound in the coach. DW says I'm crazy. Electrical, stereos, computers I can do. Plumbing I don't touch with a ten foot pole!!

Happy Trails...
Troglegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #69
Chased, and found some vacuum leaks. Picked up 2 more In. HG!

Changed the Onan air filter and readjusted the altitude mixture.
Don and Mary
'00 Bluebird Skoolie Conversion
Geo Tracker/Dodge Neon/Aprilia Scooter towed
DonDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #70
Re-upholstered the headboard (was flowery) and window coverings. Before & afters
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2198.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	349.8 KB
ID:	23471   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2274.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	280.7 KB
ID:	23472  

Never criticize a person until you've walked a mile in their shoes... then you're a mile away & you've got their shoes!
Katina, Dave & kiddos ~ '97 Thor Residency 35'
kat_nda_sand is offline   Reply With Quote