Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2014, 01:04 AM   #85

I manage a band and got the wrap company to wrap my rv for free in trade if keeping the name on the side for a year.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2014, 02:25 AM   #86

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexlaw71 View Post
.....Bret Michaels would be jealous of this one!

Rexlaw, beautiful job! But you're wrong about Bret Michaels-- he wouldn't recognize good, tasteful work if he tripped over it.

Nicely done!

JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:40 AM   #87

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I installed ceramic tile on the walls above the kitchen counter and bathroom sink
I used Restoleum Restore to resurface kitchen and bathroom counters
I installed 4-100 watt solar panels that can tilt, on the roof with 3M VHB tape
I installed an inverter, a charge controller and a battery meter
I replaced the bedroom CRT TV with a 37" flat screen
I had 6 new Goodyears installed
I replaced the OEM barrel chair with a wood Two drawer lateral file cabinet
I replaced the Wineguard TV Antenna with a Jack Antenna : (
I repaired the wiring inside my 12V Jensen TV
I scraped and painted the sheet metal around the opening of all my storage bins
I sealed the front cap roof seam with Eternabond tape and sealant
Old 07-16-2014, 06:41 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexlaw71 View Post
Complete wrap on the outside, Wrapped the cupboards in carbon fiber, new hardware pulls hinges and vent covers in nickel , replaced window valances and covers, new custom blue led light strips from front to back and in the grill, covered kitchen in pressed tin, replaced tabletops and wrapped in carbon fiber, new lighting all nickel. Replaced the walls and painted them, new upholstery, new flooring, new flat panel tvs, new bathroom mirror, had the shower enclosure painted in nickel in a body shop, New black velvet blackout curtains not in pictures added in dash flat panel monitor for reverse camera, Added power inverter to be able to watch TV without shore power or generator, new stereo speakers and subwoofer and all new speakers, replaced the matress with super comfy memory foam and matress pad, added HD antenna, replaced sewer outlet and repaired the Grey and black water tanks, new tires, added 2 extra leaf springs, did a complete tune up on generator oil filter air filter spark plugs fuel filter and valve cover gasket even though it only had 175 hours it had a small oil leak, equal balanced the tires, royal purple synthetic oil change new air filter and fuel filter, new high flow exhaust, new HID head lights and lenses and tail light lenses, new windshield wipers and repaired the fluid squirter, replaced anode bar for hot water replaced all faucets, new entrance door handle hardware, added motorcycle hitch rack on rear with led lights, replaced all batteries, re sealed the roof, re carpeted the dog house, replaced the slide seals and maintenanced the slid mechs, I am sure I skipped a bunch of things but she is a rolling Taj mahal. Feel free to ask any questions I have lots of before and during photos and am very experienced in the rv remodel now. Bret Michaels would be jealous of this one!
Outrageous, that gets a 10!

What make model was it?
Old 08-16-2014, 02:15 PM   #89

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Air bags and new radio

Just had airbags install all the way around. A lot better ride now. Replaced broken magnadyne radio with alpine 145 it's nice to hear something other than road noise.
orrconst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 03:26 PM   #90

I sold mine and am dreaming of a new one
Old 08-16-2014, 11:17 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfxg View Post
rexlaw, beautiful job! But you're wrong about bret michaels-- he wouldn't recognize good, tasteful work if he tripped over it.

Nicely done!
thank you!!
Old 08-17-2014, 10:15 AM   #92

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thinking of some DYI projects. Replacing the floors I think we can do with no problems. I am thinking that I might want a small ceiling fan in the bedroom. That has me stumped. Had anyone put in a ceiling fan? TIA.
Shaz
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:23 AM   #93

Winnebago Owners Club
Just replaced the toilet in our 2006 Winnie Voyage.

The step-flush on the old toilet had a cable from the step to the flush mechanism. The keeper for the cable broke and so it couldn't be flushed. The keeper was an unbelievably puny piece of plastic.

After weighing the problems of finding the correct part while traveling, we just opted for a new toilet. This time it has the side-mounted pedal that looks a bit more rugged and is definitely easier to use than the front pedal was.

Not an exciting rehab - but a very important one. And Thetford is having a $25 rebate right now!
AggieDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:29 PM   #94

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Added down spouts to the gutters. Spent last couple days with scratch remover, and wax removing scratches from the low branches in some of the State Parks we stayed.
Replaced one of the electric fans on front of the radiator. Found the replacement at auto zone, had to use original housing lucky fan interchanged from new to old. Next week have appointment for front HWH jack replacement. Then to storage till we head south!

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:05 PM   #95

Installed LED rope lights under coach. 12 bucks per side from Home Depot. 18 foot rope fit perfect!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LED mod.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	77717  
Old 10-29-2014, 07:17 AM   #96

Tour upgrades

I added a 3 drawer tool box (tool nut) Installed 32 inch flat screen on articulating arm in storage bay. Installed 16 color LED light strip on slide out. converted all bay lights to LED. converted two galley florescents to LED and installed sticky back tile by sink. https://plus.google.com/photos/10385...L_Po_ua_pvNxgE
Old 10-29-2014, 08:18 PM   #97

Monaco Owners Club
Got the HydroHot repaired. The tech said that the clutch between the blower motor and the blower fan shattered jamming the motor. It runs just fine now.
Jeep trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 12:03 PM   #98

National RV Owners Club
Since I've owned this MH in the last 1.5 years, I've done a few things by myself.

You can find most of them here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zzjea/sets

I get most of my ideas and assistance from this forum.

John

zzjea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome