Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2016, 05:06 PM   #127

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Convection/Microwave

The convection feature on our convection/microwave decided to stop working so a new one is on it's way. Should be here Tuesday.
Wimsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2016, 08:21 PM   #128

I will do that. Have been meaning to, just haven't got around to it
iamblum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 10:24 PM   #129

Replaced the seal on my toilet. Now it holds water again.
slemnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 01:08 AM   #130

Added 160 watts of solar
Old 09-18-2016, 02:33 PM   #131

Replaced all six Toyo tires with new Toyo M54's. Replaced the cooling unit in my Nocold with Amish helium unit. Upgraded the ARP 2.0 unit to ARP 3.1 with additional fans. Added inside fan on fins. Replaced thermister in frig. Replaced icemaker. Added signal booster for Tire Minder TPMS.
Old 09-18-2016, 02:45 PM   #132

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimsey View Post
The convection feature on our convection/microwave decided to stop working so a new one is on it's way. Should be here Tuesday.
What brand is it? We are on our third GE. The first was an electrical problem not the oven's problem. The second spontaneously went on broil while we were moving down the road (generator on) then any time it was plugged in with the power on.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 02:47 PM   #133

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Noticed a water drip from the wet bay. After a lot of digging (the water pump is well hidden) I found the pump was coming apart. The screws had come loose and some had fallen out. I had to pull the pump out to repair it. Funny thing, the pump was still working!

I am in the process of replacing the mid coach CRT television with a new Samsung.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 05:24 PM   #134

Ford Super Duty Owner
Above the co pilot chair is a cabinet with the weingard switching box. I had Dish tailgater for our trade in MH. The switching box in the new to us MH worked fine for the tailgater tested using an extension cord and had dish signal in front and bedroom tv's. That would have been allot more work to run coax and glad i didn't have to.

Today i undertook putting an 110v outlet in that cabinet. Why Thor didn't my guess would be to save a few pennies. They did at least have the cabinet cutout covered up with material so all i needed for that part was to cut an X in the material. Had to remove the A pillar plastic cover and fish tape down to another 110v supply. Getting to that one zip tie on a bundle of wires to cut proved most challenging. I only sacrificed a little blood to the RV Gods. Final results met my perfectionist personality.

My to do list for our new to us is getting much much smaller.
bruce91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 06:21 AM   #135

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce91 View Post

Today i undertook putting an 110v outlet in that cabinet. Why Thor didn't my guess would be to save a few pennies.
We had the same problem with a Winnebago class C we had. Cabinet was right over the TV but no 110 outlet. Thought the same thing. How could they not have wired this? Fortunately for us the microwave was right next door and there was an outlet in the cabinet above that.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 09:29 AM   #136

Redid my Water heater bypass a few months ago. Had a leaking fitting, so I replaced all the plastic onescwoth brass.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:38 AM   #137

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Replaced engine to frame groundstrap. Had erratic starting problems. Found strap corroded and connection points faulty.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:08 PM   #138

I replaced the Chassis or Engine batteries earlier this year. Just finished replacing the old 24 inch tube Sony TV with a 32 inch LED flatscreen. After removing the wood trim that was around the old TV the new TV just fit in the cabinet. I had to make and install new trim around it. Old TV was 81 lbs and new one is 11 lbs. Now having to add some new tools to offset the weight loss so the front tires stay on the ground (hehe!!)
Old 09-25-2016, 06:45 PM   #139

Replacing Old TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchstr3884 View Post
I replaced the Chassis or Engine batteries earlier this year. Just finished replacing the old 24 inch tube Sony TV with a 32 inch LED flatscreen. After removing the wood trim that was around the old TV the new TV just fit in the cabinet. I had to make and install new trim around it. Old TV was 81 lbs and new one is 11 lbs. Now having to add some new tools to offset the weight loss so the front tires stay on the ground (hehe!!)
I sure would like to see pictures of how the new 32" fit in the box and how it looks after it is all finished. I would like to replace mine one of these days, but have not found a TV that is square, most are rectangular.
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:17 PM   #140

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayChez1 View Post
I sure would like to see pictures of how the new 32" fit in the box and how it looks after it is all finished. I would like to replace mine one of these days, but have not found a TV that is square, most are rectangular.
My TV replacement is in progress. The pictures are how I am mounting the TV to fit in a larger sized opening. It will be hinged at the top and have locks at the bottom. This will allow me access to the wiring and also I am installing shelves so the space can be used for storage.

The frame shown is for mock up purposes only. I am in the process of building the real one out of Cherry wood which will be stained to matching the existing cabinet.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair