Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2016, 03:58 PM   #141

Thanks for the pic's. I will be watching for the finished product.
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2016, 05:14 PM   #142

Ford Super Duty Owner
Replaced complete 2001 Fleetwood Bounder with 2008 Winnebago Sightseer !!!

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 08:00 PM   #143

New drain plug for dometic water heater. Sprung a leak this morning
iamblum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 12:40 PM   #144

Replaced two slide toppers. Replace Engine AC compressor (dash air). HWH jack springs all. Coated Fiberglass roof........so far!
gerdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 08:14 PM   #145

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerdutch View Post
Replaced two slide toppers. Replace Engine AC compressor (dash air). HWH jack springs all. Coated Fiberglass roof........so far!

What product should be used to coat the fiberglass roof? Mine needs to be done.
2006 Jeep Wrangler X, Blue Ox Towbar
Rsponsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 10:47 PM   #146

Well,
For those of you that may need replacement mud flaps, the ones behind the duals, not the long-full length one, I just did it today. For the life of me, I could not find them in the Winne parts catalog. So, I called a few auto parts stores in my area. Napa was the winner here. They had several different flaps I could choose from.

I ended up choosing the cheapest ones they had. They are good quality rubber and are, 24" x 24" and don't have any logo or name on them. They are about 1/4" thick with some ribbing here and there for structural strength.

But, my flaps ( maybe as well as many of yours out there in RV land) are only 23.5" wide by 12" long. So, I could have purchased one single flap and cut two out of it. But, based on the design of them, I would have ended up with one that had rounded corners at the bottom and one with square corners, not good.

So, for a measly $26 for the two of them total, I got two. I cut the bottom half to be used for the flaps. The reason I used the bottom half is because the corners were already rounded. I had gasket hole punches from Harbor Freight already so, punching those holes in that rubber, was a piece of cake.

It's all done and, they look great. So, if anyone has some sad looking mud flaps or, they're completely gone or aged, check your local Napa store.
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 10:49 PM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsponsford View Post
What product should be used to coat the fiberglass roof? Mine needs to be done.
Rsponsford,
Just wondering, why do you think you need to coat a fiberglass roof? Most of us with fiberglass roofs just wash them and, put an occasional coat of wax on them. Just wondering.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 03:26 AM   #148

Rsponsford, I used GACO Roof, after the old roof started flaking/ chipping on my 2002. Great stuff. Coats and seals. Used a short nap roller because it's so thick and like glue. Don't think I'll ever have to do it again. Only 2 gallons for 40'...
gerdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 10:45 AM   #149

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerdutch View Post
Rsponsford, I used GACO Roof, after the old roof started flaking/ chipping on my 2002. Great stuff. Coats and seals. Used a short nap roller because it's so thick and like glue. Don't think I'll ever have to do it again. Only 2 gallons for 40'...

Great. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
2006 Jeep Wrangler X, Blue Ox Towbar
Rsponsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 10:57 AM   #150

Winnebago Owners Club
Removed and cleaned the MAF sensor, and cleared the code to turn off the check engine light. Plan on taking it out for a drive over the weekend to see if that solved the problem. If not then I guess it's time for a new MAF. It didn't LOOK dirty, but I don't know how much (or how little) crud it takes to cause it to throw a code.
Old 09-29-2016, 12:53 PM   #151

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks to Roger and everyone in the Workhorse Chassis forum I was able to replace the Rotten Green Switch and Light Switch on my Autopark Brake on my 2000 Winnebago Adventurer 32V.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:17 PM   #152

Replaced the Headlights with new halo lights it took 10 years off the look. The old ones you couldn't see the bulbs or the road.
Shakemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 02:19 PM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayChez1 View Post
Thanks for the pic's. I will be watching for the finished product.
Very nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
My TV replacement is in progress. The pictures are how I am mounting the TV to fit in a larger sized opening. It will be hinged at the top and have locks at the bottom. This will allow me access to the wiring and also I am installing shelves so the space can be used for storage.

The frame shown is for mock up purposes only. I am in the process of building the real one out of Cherry wood which will be stained to matching the existing cabinet.
Shakemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 05:10 PM   #154

Ford Super Duty Owner
While getting ready for our first trip with our new to us MH she was loaded up and ready to go in the morning. Ahh a month in the Florida Keys.

So I thought i'd spray some silicone on the slide rails before i brought them back in. I notice something strange just inside the right front slide. My flashlight and a magnetic thingy rod and out comes a washer, lock washer and 3/8 nut. Oh no whats broke now before our maiden voyage. Upon further investigation i see where at the end of the slide rail where it attaches to the slide one bolt is missing it's nut, washer and lock washer and one is missing bolt and everything and the rest are extremely loose.

I checked all the rest and got at least 3 to 4 complete turns on the nuts for the remaining. Boy does that slide run smooth now.

Later on i'll remove the nuts and put some blue lock tight on em.

DW returned as i was wrenching em and thought oh no what now.

All is good for now
bruce91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair