Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2017, 05:19 AM   #225
RDG

New brakes all around.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2017, 08:07 AM   #226

I repaired my ABS system. Mechanics wanted to replace ECU first and then troubleshoot the system. Quote around $1000.00. I contacted Meritor tech support and they sent me the tech manuals and troubleshooting process. I found three bad sensors. Replaced them at $25 a piece. All good now.
zanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:18 AM   #227

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radacravitz View Post
what type of roof were you painting?

what we're your criteria in selecting your paint / material?

the reason i'm asking is because i'd like to remove the unnecessary parts from our roof, dicor / eternabond and waterproof as best as possible. i've been leaning toward henry tropicool as the seal but am interested in hearing about your decision process.

tia
Tia, I have a fiberglass roof on my coach. As a member of the Beaver Ambassador Club I took the advice of the multiple members there who have used this same method to clean and restore the roof. I am very confident this roof finish will last a very long time. I believe if you go to the Beaver Ambassador Club web page and look under the technical support tab down a ways you will see complete instructions on "How to"

As for removing the old dicor on the roof I found a multitool with a scraper worked very well. quick and easy to get rid of the old build up, no damage to the fiberglass at all.

Good luck
Old 09-05-2017, 08:22 AM   #228

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachStreamr View Post
Do you have any pictures of the vents with eternabond tape? I'm curious how the hinge for the vent's hood was handled.

CoachStreamr, I did not use eternabond tape on the vent hinges. Only used that to cover the various small holes in the roof from the old CB and Satellite stuff I removed. Used Dicor on the vents.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:17 AM   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer Guy View Post
CoachStreamr, I did not use eternabond tape on the vent hinges. Only used that to cover the various small holes in the roof from the old CB and Satellite stuff I removed. Used Dicor on the vents.
I see, so no eternabond around the perimeter of the vent, correct?

I have a Thread linked below where I asked about this. Seems that many do Dicor, wait 24 hours then EternaBond tape around the vents but I'm not sure how they handled the vent hinge (front side of vent)...

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/appl...ml#post3777338

I'm going to take more of the old Dicor off and clean then apply new Dicor today or tomorrow. Have the EternaBond tape and roller here but confused on the vent hinge.

I replaced a few of the rusty head screws with new SS #8 1". Have one screw that doesn't want to seat all the way so probably will use a #8 3/4" in that hole. Probably didn't need to replace them and maybe it wasn't wise.

1995 36' Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser (Model #8360) on 1995 Spartan EC-2442 Chassis w/Granning Air Ride | Cummins B5.9L 12V 230hp | Allison MD3060 6-Speed WTEC II
CoachStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:30 AM   #230

Sending back Rayzar antenna dome for repair. Installed new progressive surge protector. Built bracing for washer and dryer. Fixed passenger window that delaminated. Debugging new to me WifiRanger. Fixed house water pump with pressure switch adjustment.

Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:32 AM   #231

Forgot Changed the oil in the gen.

Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:40 AM   #232

Recently replaced the original bathroom vent fan with a full size because the roof cover itself was cracked from corner to corner, 4 new rear tires (old ones date stamped late '09). In the last year I've replaced the 10 gal water heater, water pump (fresh water), and macerator pump. Just serviced the 8000kw Onan, and replaced my slide toppers (4). With a 12 year old coach you seem to find things to replace LOL!
Old 09-05-2017, 11:41 AM   #233

Finished replacing the fogged glass on two windows with 1/2 inch Lexan. Easy to do project once the windows were out of the coach. Followed several posts on Utube to gain insight to how to free up the glass panels.
Cost much lower than having it done at a RV glass shop.
Regards,
JimB
JBDISCOVERY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:49 AM   #234

Oh, and replaced the Carefree Eclipse awning motor. I did save $$$ by making my own slide toppers and found a suitable window regulator motor on eBay for about $45 on line. Material for my 4 toppers was $136. I worked in a furniture factory in the late 60's so making the toppers was a no brainer. I enjoy doing everything that I'm capable of doing, especially when it saves money for FUEL!!
Old 09-05-2017, 11:52 AM   #235

Quote:
Cleaned and painted the roof. Used simple green to clean. Scrubbed with a red 3m pad to get super clean. removed all old roof attachments that have become obsolete (CB radio antenna, anemometer, old satellite wires etc) sealed all holes and vents with dicor and eternabond tape. Put new fantastic vent lids on with new lift motors and arms. Painted the roof with 2 coats 3 1/2 qts total of Rustoleum Top Sider anti slip deck paint. Should eliminate chalking and streaking down the sides. Nice to know everything is well sealed and pristine up there.

What did you apply the Rustoleum with? I will eventually repaint mine.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:40 PM   #236

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Tia, I have a fiberglass roof on my coach. As a member of the Beaver Ambassador Club I took the advice of the multiple members there who have used this same method to clean and restore the roof. I am very confident this roof finish will last a very long time. I believe if you go to the Beaver Ambassador Club web page and look under the technical support tab down a ways you will see complete instructions on "How to"

As for removing the old dicor on the roof I found a multitool with a scraper worked very well. quick and easy to get rid of the old build up, no damage to the fiberglass at all.

Good luck

gotcha, thx very much for the details and suggestion wrt beaver ambassador club thread ... on my way.

take care.
Radacravitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:20 PM   #237

Installed a webasto controller last week.

I put a new one in 3 years ago.

This time.

A rebuilt unit.
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 01:58 AM   #238

1.Cleaned, prepped (Permatex Rust inhibitor) and painted (Gloss white) 24gal propane tank in RV.

2. Changed Onan Micro 4000 generator oil

3. Replaced 2 shift solenoids (A&B) 4l80E trans, wiring harness (leaking) and turned up 1/4 turn force valve actuator.

4. Replaced MAP sensor, O2 sensor, Idle air valve, Idle air control solenoid, TPS sensor and radiator cap (RC-33). Also removed and cleaned EGR valve and replaced gasket.

Just returned from Seattle to HB, Ca. trip. (2789 miles) had a best of 10.04mpg between Seattle & Medford, Oregon cruising at 58mph. A low of 7mpg (city driving). Averaged between 8.3mpg - 9.0mpg overall. No towing.
udid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair