Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2016, 08:10 AM   #15

It's always something with these toys. I had the banks power pack exhaust and headers installed since the MH had broken bolts in the exhaust manifold. BTW, the Banks is not cheap but best money I ever spent...it's like driving a New motorhome! Installed Koni shocks, also money well spent. Tuned it up with new plugs, wires, distributor cap, coil, pvc. 4 New Michelins on the drive axle. New kitchen faucet, upgraded power converter to progressive dynamics unit, and am trying to see why the bedroom reading lamps don't work. Oh, also removed the fuel tank and cleaned it out and had a shop re-weld the seams due to a leak. That was a pain, especially since it had about 45 gallons of fuel in it and an anti syphon device so couldn't syphon it out. Later I will need to address a leak in one of the rear hydraulic jacks but this is enough for now. Even with my belly aching....I love this MH and I actually enjoy tinkering with it.

Inthe70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2016, 08:17 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Disassembled passenger side mirror on the phaeton. Needed due to broken post (head to arm connection). Replaced the entire frame inside. Reassembled.

Did it without breaking a glass and the power adjustment and heat still worked when done. (-:

Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:24 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hmm, two new chassis batteries, new service on Aqua Hot, removed, threw away Roadmaster Invisibrake, , installed new state of the Art SMI Air Force One supplemental braking system. Enough already
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:01 AM   #18

Rexhall Owners Group
Got temp plates on Friday, passed emissions on Friday as well with flying colors. Full clean and detail is ongoing. Rear, front and one side done with the buffer. Buffer is evil i might add. Next Saturday the girl will have new shoes on the rear. Oil and filter changed. Chassis lubed. All good so far.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:04 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIX View Post
Slide toppers: Call Chris at StoneVos in Brooksville, FL Excellent!!

👍👍👍👍👍. Just did mine a few months ago and he was very helpful...

Randy W
Old 04-10-2016, 10:23 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
It took all winter but I had to replace throttle link and return springs. Road test between places we stayed and adjust as needed. FL,MS,TX and finally got it right in NM. In AZ now and all is good.
Replaced fuel shutdown solenoid on the Onan.
Now working on dash heat...can not get any info. See..(96 HR dash heat)..thread.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:25 AM   #21

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Front shocks, steering stabilizer damper. repair shower door, re-caulk roof, Install bumper slinky holder, grease, replace vacuum rubber connectors, Install ARP control on refer. getting ready fro first trip in May.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:31 AM   #22

I've started looking into replacing shocks and airbags. Also looking into steering stabilizers and track bars. Undecided at this point but research is everything
Old 04-10-2016, 11:57 AM   #23

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamblum View Post
I've started looking into replacing shocks and airbags. Also looking into steering stabilizers and track bars. Undecided at this point but research is everything
After looking at them all I decided on the Monroe RV shock and stabilizer. One thing that helped was a 30% discount plus free shipping.

They have to be better then the leaky one that was on it.
Old 04-10-2016, 01:02 PM   #24

😆😢👍👍
Old 04-10-2016, 01:42 PM   #25

And maybe some sumo springs. Hmmmmm
Old 04-10-2016, 01:56 PM   #26

Realigned wiper arm, parked too low on the windshield. It's in the shop now to replace the GY 670's wi Michelin's - to finally fix the vibration (I hope), safe-t-steer going on as well. Already added Centrumatics. 5-star tune added last week - I popped a wheelie! <just kidding>. Shifts feel much more positive and it really settled down on cruise control on the limited test drive I took. Installed dash clips that were left off from the factory and I discovered while wiring the TPMS to get power - Thor sent me some clips. Installed an oxygenics shower head, screen door grab bar, and a sound bar on the lounge TV.

Trying to decide on a trac bar - getting a little push on the highway with trucks passing or stiff breezes...and maybe sumo springs.

I'm not sure if it will ever end. I started out with an entry level rig, if I keep going I may end up with a high end coach 🚍!
Old 04-10-2016, 07:12 PM   #27

Need to replace trombetta solenoid for slides and leveling system! Replaced awning topper on living room slide! Replaced chassis battery's on way home from Florida!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 04-10-2016, 07:29 PM   #28

Any trouble replacing the topper? Getting ready to do about a 12 foot topper in a week or two I hope

Tags
repair