Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2018, 01:03 AM   #449

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayChez1 View Post
Today I serviced the house batteries. One of the four six volt batteries really needed a lot of distilled water. The rest did not need much. I will have to recheck that one battery that was real low on water with a hydrometer and see if the battery needs to be replaced.
If You need to replace one, do your self a favor and replace them all.... the "older batteries" will drag the new one down to their level.
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2018, 05:46 AM   #450

[QUOTE=saddlesore;3985190][QUOTE=DanKathyC;398what was leaking? Boiler??[/QUOTE]

yup. greetings from a former oregon log hauler
DanKathyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:11 AM   #451

Monaco Owners Club
Well I'm getting ready to head south to warmer climates and since I've gone over our coach from top to bottom, front to back to make sure it is rock solid reliable I figured I should give my car dolly some love. Boy did it need it! Checked the brakes and they were paper thin in the middle of the secondary shoe but other than that the rest of the shoe was like 75% left, drums looked good but with shoe wear like that they must be worn over sized so I wasn't going to take a chance, put in the complete backing plate/shoe assembly with all the electric brake components installed, new drums, bearings the works!
Went over the lights and fixed some grounds and she is ship shape and ready to go! So now I can sleep at night knowing my dolly brakes are all new! Also put in some LED head light bulbs so I will be able to see better, dam are they bright! I also installed 2 new electronic programmable thermostats to keep the heat in the coach a bit more comfortable. Can't wait to get out of this snow and cold this coming Tuesday for warmer climates.
mdpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:14 PM   #452

Foretravel Owners Club
[QUOTE=DanKathyC;3986174]
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post

yup. greetings from a former oregon log hauler
Relocating Spotted Owl Homes did you?
Take care and Happy Trails
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:03 PM   #453

Ford Super Duty Owner
Just replaced sprayer hoses and connections on 1999 Newmar Dutchstar. Drilled out hose connections on wiper base with 1/8 drill and replaced them with 1/8 brass pipe frim Ace hardware. Used new rubber hose to complete job worked great . set everything with a few drops of super glue. They now work great.
Russ Silber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:41 PM   #454

Two weeks ago we drove from SW Michigan to Gulf Shores Alabama. The cruise started acting up right away. Would kick off when we hit a bump. Wouldn't come back on for some time and then would start to work. Finally quit entirely about halfway. We had a 1999 Windstar that did the same thing. It was the brake fluid pressure switch so I thought it might be the same thing. Got to Gulf Shores and did a bunch of research. Found the part number. Had to order it from a local Ford dealer as no one else had it. $42 and a day later had it in my hand. R&R'd it at the campground. Fast forward to today, we drove to La Belle Florida (10.5 hour drive) from Gulf Shores and the cruise worked perfectly. Yeah!! Love it!
Old 01-16-2018, 04:07 AM   #455

Fleetwood Owners Club
Oh yeah!

You sir, are one lucky genius
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:17 AM   #456

Quote:
Originally Posted by funmoneypit View Post
Two weeks ago we drove from SW Michigan to Gulf Shores Alabama. The cruise started acting up right away. Would kick off when we hit a bump. Wouldn't come back on for some time and then would start to work. Finally quit entirely about halfway. We had a 1999 Windstar that did the same thing. It was the brake fluid pressure switch so I thought it might be the same thing. Got to Gulf Shores and did a bunch of research. Found the part number. Had to order it from a local Ford dealer as no one else had it. $42 and a day later had it in my hand. R&R'd it at the campground. Fast forward to today, we drove to La Belle Florida (10.5 hour drive) from Gulf Shores and the cruise worked perfectly. Yeah!! Love it!
Good for you! And you probably saved yourself a $400 repair bill from the local Ford Dealership who would have replaced the clock spring and all the cruise related switches in the cab, then told you that in addition to the switches which they already replaced being bad, the brake fluid pressure switch was ALSO bad, so another $225.00 to replace the $42.00 part. They would have said that until they had replaced all the switches (which weren't even bad, but they don't know how to troubleshoot) they couldn't have known that the brake fluid pressure switch was bad . . . Or something like that . . .
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:45 AM   #457

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
Good for you! And you probably saved yourself a $400 repair bill from the local Ford Dealership who would have replaced the clock spring and all the cruise related switches in the cab, then told you that in addition to the switches which they already replaced being bad, the brake fluid pressure switch was ALSO bad, so another $225.00 to replace the $42.00 part. They would have said that until they had replaced all the switches (which weren't even bad, but they don't know how to troubleshoot) they couldn't have known that the brake fluid pressure switch was bad . . . Or something like that . . .
Unfortunately, thats the way it usually works. And, it ain't just Ford.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:31 PM   #458

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Just finished outfitting our new 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited as a toad Blue Ox base plate, Ready Brake Elite tow bar, lights and brake monitor light on the motor home dash took me about a week to get it all done but it turned out well, we took it for a test run this afternoon. We are getting it ready for a trip to Rainbow Springs FL next week I haven't been there since I was a kid long before it was a State Park it should be fun.
alounsbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:46 PM   #459

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
You sir, are one lucky genius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
Thanks all. Yes, I have to agree. Seems a lot of dealerships are just part swappers. Anytime a mechanic gets any good, they quit and work some where else where they can make some money.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:46 PM   #460

Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Installed similar setup with 2005 Jeep liberty. Brother-in-law has same setup on Wrangler. Works great. Safe travels
Old 01-17-2018, 03:06 PM   #461

Three new A/C - H/P units, with separate thermostats and controls (no E-Plex interface ), currently awaiting new ice-maker and bearings and fuel pump for Aqua-Hot.
YYC4502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:19 PM   #462

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravesoul View Post
I had two minor coolant leaks that were repaired but during that service they found that my transmission oil cooler was leaking. The cost for the cooler was $1100 from Spartan and another $1250 for the replacement of the cooler and repair/replacement of the coolant hoses. Last week I also removed, cleaned and polished all of my rear end lights and replaced with all LED bulbs. Now all are bright and shiny...

Did any of the rear lights have moisture in them?
rml1998 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair