Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2016, 05:20 PM   #99

Tiffin Owners Club
Just added four computer cooling fans in the roof exhaust for the Nocool fridge. Waiting for thermostat switch to be delivered to finish install. The freeze is under zero and fridge is 34. I hope all is a success!
markmiiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2016, 07:07 PM   #100

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Have any pics? Exactly what I was looking at for my next project.
Old 05-21-2016, 07:27 AM   #101

Forest River Owners Club
Let's see;

Fuel lift pump replaced
Fuel filters replaced
Engine oil changed
Engine oil filters changed
Air filter changed
Chassis lubed
Generator oil leak fixed
Generator oil changed
1 generator belt changed, one on order,
A/C belt changed
Topped up coolant

Then paid all the above plus labor

Chris
cvbdsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 08:53 AM   #102

Replaced the front crankshaft seal on my Onan generator and repairing my Aquahot. Need to recharge the a/c and wash the coach.
slemnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 10:13 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayChez1 View Post
Just got back from a month long trip and I decided to make some minor repairs right away so that I can get ready for another month trip to Yosemite in late June. I changed the three low point drain valves coming off the water manifold since I could not find the right O-ring that fit the old valves, so I just replaced them with a different type water valve.

Next will be the furnace. It was working good, then all of a sudden it would run the fan for a few minutes then it would turn off, not igniting. So I have to find out what is causing it not to ignite. Never worked on a furnace S-42 Suburban before, so it is going to be a challenge for me. Good thing my coach was equipped with two heat pumps that worked pretty good, but going to Yosemite it might get real cold. LOL!
when my furnace did that, it turned out that the propane regulator was bad. If your stove won't support more than one burner and the flame has a lot of orange/yellow, it may be the regulator.
Old 05-21-2016, 11:46 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-Oh View Post
when my furnace did that, it turned out that the propane regulator was bad. If your stove won't support more than one burner and the flame has a lot of orange/yellow, it may be the regulator.

The three burners all have blue flame. So back to checking the furnace. I have not had time to check it out yet, but eventually I will have to tackle that problem. Right now I have been using the heat pumps. Thanks for the tip though.
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 12:08 PM   #105

The list of things repaired is way to long so I'll stick to the latest three items that just happened. The aux compressor for the air leveling seems to have died, a small chip in the windshield I had repaired two years ago just turned into a two foot crack, and I lost a front hubcap somewhere while crossing the desert. Oh, I just found out that AAA decided to raise my comprehensive deductible from $100 to $250. That bit of news was buried on page 6 of the policy renewal form. It never ends.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 02:10 PM   #106

Well,
For starters, I change oil on the big beast, 19 qts and a filter, no issues. But, the really big deal is, I changed the QD 7500 fuel filter WITHOUT GETTING FUEL ALL OVER THE PLACE as has been reported by many on here and other RV forums. It did drip a few drops but, I was ready for that. So, to me, this was a great victory. Now, on to other maintenance for our upcoming trip.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 08:24 PM   #107

DH is cleaning the roof in prep for giving it a coat of some kind of roofing product. The old coating from before we bought it is gone in many places exposing the rubber roof.
Old 05-21-2016, 09:21 PM   #108

Since I have owned our old Coachmen for only a month, the list is not as lengthy as it will be in a couple more months. I have just finished removing the kitchen cabinets and replacing the subfloor in the kitchen area. I am also replacing the counter top with the same OEM laminate surface. These sustained water damage from a faulty window drain and inattention by the PO. In my slack time I have also repaired the generator, which had not been run in several years. It has only 280 hours (1994 model). It needed a new fuel pump, carburetor cleaning, and cleaning the slip rings. Once it was repaired, I discovered the transfer switch was non-functional (probably why the generator hasn't been used). So a new one is on the way. I also repaired both A/C units, which had dirt dobber nests that had incapacitated the blowers. I still have to repair the gas gauge, and repair the dash A/C. I have yet to test the water system; am still hoping that there is something on this thing that is in working condition besides the engine!
J. Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 07:07 AM   #109

Tiffin Owners Club
In the last month (all work done by myself):

New roof AC
Winegard Trav'ler DISH
Replaced tube TVs with Smart flat-panels on articulated arms
Installed HD rear-view camera (outputs to front 24" TV)
All 11 (!) cooling hoses/thermostat/radiator cap
Engine belts
Removed oil cooler and installed remote oil filter
Transmission service
Grease suspension and U-joints
Fuel filter
Air filter
New brakes (calipers, hoses, rotors, wheel bearings)
Tankless water heater
Recovered "dog house" engine cover
New radio/GPS/Bluetooth
New tires
Generator oil change and air filter
New bathroom plumbing fixtures (sink and shower)
New Fan-tastic vent/fan
Steering damper
Suspension bushings
Shocks
Front camera
Toad lights/wiring
Replaced cabinet hardware throughout
New headlights
New TPMS system (includes toad)
New Sealy Posturepedic Hybrid mattress
New stereo speakers throughout

And a blizzard of other things to small to detail. I'm exhausted.
Brad Felmey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 07:28 AM   #110

Ford Super Duty Owner
Brad,

Nice list of accomplishments. I'm impressed!!! You don't look old enough to be much out of high school or maybe that's a picture of your Son?? Are you retired or just rebuilding an older RV because you can. Well at least from your list it appears you can do the rebuilding.

You don't have to answer just curious.

I first saw your handle when you were working on the brakes. If you get into the NW corner of AR give me a shout. We're only about 5 hours from FW.

TeJay
Old 05-26-2016, 02:07 PM   #111

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeJay View Post
Brad,

Nice list of accomplishments. I'm impressed!!! You don't look old enough to be much out of high school or maybe that's a picture of your Son?? Are you retired or just rebuilding an older RV because you can. Well at least from your list it appears you can do the rebuilding.

You don't have to answer just curious.

I first saw your handle when you were working on the brakes. If you get into the NW corner of AR give me a shout. We're only about 5 hours from FW.

TeJay
Thank you. Actually I'm 46 years old, so up there, but not old enough to afford anything really nice yet, so old one with some elbow grease it is.
Brad Felmey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 02:33 PM   #112

Dave-O: my Suburban 42 did something similar, finally found a loose and burnt 12V spade connector at the power panel.

Good luck.
kkeever is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair