Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2019, 07:56 PM   #1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainSaw View Post
I just finished refurbishing my Tandem Tow HD.
That thing is SWEET. Now.

As for me, today I added some dye to the dash AC so hopefully tomorrow I can find the freon leak. While I was at that I hooked up a scope to the ignition to see what might be causing a misfire and loss of power. Lean firing line in #7 and #8. Well, I was meaning to do an injector service anyway. Already bought the o-rings. So second item on the to-do list tomorrow is to pull the injectors for a look-see I guess. Ford 7.5, so not a terribly big deal.
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2019, 08:17 PM   #1010

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNRVNG View Post
Washed/waxed repaired body damage....Attachment 262762Attachment 262763

How did you repair the body. I assume those pictures were not taken the same day?
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 03:06 PM   #1011

Air brakes

Had trouble with my brakes keeping the air pressure up. I replaced air dryer first then the governor with no results. So I thought must be compressor so I got the top end kit. I took it apart and found a piece broken and replaced it.
Started it up and pressure went up great so I thought I had fixed it, not so quick. After about twenty miles down the road air pressure dropped without even using the air Sooo back to work.
I pulled the top of the compressor back off and everything was fine😕. I figured out that while it was cooled off it would pump up but would not stay up. So I decided to get another governor this time I bought one from Bendix ( the mfg.) of the compressor and not an off brand. That was the problem. I was lucky because all this happened about twenty miles from home.
Just a heads up on this problem.
Rambel on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 03:20 PM   #1012

Very nice
Old 10-13-2019, 03:25 PM   #1013

I resealed the skylight in the bath. New gasket for the bedroom ac unit. Next I must replace the valve for the black tank��
Old 10-13-2019, 03:58 PM   #1014

Water heater doesn’t heat

I’ve replace both of the thermostats Still no heat
Jbertram2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 04:35 PM   #1015

Did my injector service and cleaned the expected "mud" I found in the injector inlets. Went OK and it definitely runs better.

Added AC dye but haven't spotted the AC leak yet. Darnit.

Been dry for weeks and it finally rained, hard, and my freshly resealed bathroom skylight didn't leak a drop, so two out of three successes.
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 05:00 PM   #1016

We purchased a 95 Gulfstream DP. The floor was rotted out. I finished the floor in the front and just finished putting the kitchen cabinets back in with a new sink. Attacking the bathroom next.
Seasoned Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 08:58 AM   #1017

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasoned Grace View Post
We purchased a 95 Gulfstream DP. The floor was rotted out. I finished the floor in the front and just finished putting the kitchen cabinets back in with a new sink. Attacking the bathroom next.
Nice. Pictures please if you have them. Always like to see the improvements.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:34 AM   #1018

Welcome to iRV2 Jbertram2

Replaced the push button on/off switches on the headboard sconces. Both were pretty much gone.
Old 10-14-2019, 05:51 PM   #1019

Alpine Owners Club
What have you fixed, repaired or maintained lately"

Replaced the front dometic a/c cover after it disintegrated in the heavy 25-30 mph winds with gust to 40 traveling across I80 in Iowa.
$175, but beggars can’t be pick choosy, and I wanted it now!
Old 10-15-2019, 05:15 PM   #1020

Replaced ice maker water hose with heating element. Replaced propane regulator account small leak.

Also replaced all my tires with same brand, Toyo M-154. Even though they all looked good at seven years. Replaced the two cranking batteries with Napa Industrial 12 volt. Same brand had been on for seven years and were starting to show weakness if the coach was not run in a month time.
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 07:40 PM   #1021

Just noticed the fridge was at 45 deg and freezer at 21. No lights on the control panel.

Luckily, I had an older spare dinosaur board, swapped it in, and now it's working.

Found the 5v fuse blown on the old board. Tomorrow, I'll replace the fuse, put the board back in and see if the old board is actually good. It would be nice to know just why the fuse blew though. That board was new a year ago so maybe under warranty still.

As a backup, I could have removed all the water and beer from the outside 3.3cuft fridge and put the fridge stuff in that and the freezer stuff in the freezer in the shed. Beats using an ice chest and dry ice.
AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 09:41 PM   #1022

Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Replaced the motor and control board in the furnace. Fires off every time and is nice and quiet!
lawjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair