Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2014, 02:47 PM   #29

Country Coach Owners Club
Hate to tell everyone but Prevost does not build motorhomes.

They are a supplier of bus shells that other manufacturers/converters use to make a motorhome

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2014, 02:59 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post

They are a supplier of bus shells that other manufacturers/converters use to make a motorhome

I didn't know that, thanks. Hopefully, if I can ever afford a high end motorhome, I'll be able to remember that.

(Snowbirds in Reverse)
Winnebago Chieftain / Ford Hybrid Toad
Raining Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:38 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post

While that's true, I'd bet you won't find one that was converted when new that doesn't fit anyone's definition of High End.
2003 Country Coach Magna Haven #6190 Cat C-12
airduds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:32 PM   #32

I have owned two DP - a Coachman and traded up to a 05 Tandem Travel Supreme with 28,000 miles on it. I bought the TS very right and it is a great high end coach at cents on the dollar. Put 10,000 miles on it and I am very happy with it - I am sure I will put on another 40<000 or more..... I am confident it is going to outlive me....Either coach served the purpose - set your budget - then look for a coach with the floor plan and ammenities that fits your needs.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:01 PM   #33

This is my idea of a high end coach. Like others have said Floor Plan, Floor Plan, Floor Plan. Here is my idea. I want a bathroom with doors on both ends and a large shower and possibly a tub shower combination. Toilet does not necessarily need to be in a separate room as a fantastic fan in the bathroom will clear the smells fast. You want access from the bedroom and kitchen in case you have company spending the night. The bedroom has to be big enough for both of you a queen is standard, Make sure there is lots of closet and drawers for your clothes. You also want drawers and closet space in bathroom for towels and so forth. In front of the bathroom I want a center kitchen with high quality cabinets I prefer all wood not plywood or worse. Goldtone handles are pretty when new but soon the goldtone wears off. I prefer a center door because after having both There is not much room for me to get past the passenger front seat and I do not like getting wet when walking out in the rain. Speaking of center door I would get an awning with bars to stablize it because ones like the Girard that do not have support cannot be used in the rain. I prefer to have a diesel genset and want it up front because if you do not most likely the front axle will be too light and can wander in the wind. My first diesel pusher was a Safari and my second one is a Beaver. Neither are still made but most luxury coaches are in the same boat. The key to keeping a motorhome nice is use it. Live in it. Drive it once a month and start the genset and air conditioners monthly use everything because the worst thing in a motorhome is lack of use. Pretty paint jobs do not make high end motorhomes. You do not necessarily need a tag axle on most but you do not want too much overhang behind the rear axle either. Get all the underneath storage you can find. Good luck and happy shopping.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:31 PM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
I would hesitate to include the Entegra line simply because the model years you seek represent Entegra's first few years of production. They're a new line with no history, and no one knows how long they'll stand up. They look nice, and there seem to be happy owners, but the fact is there is no Entegra on the planet older than 7 years to evaluate.
What you say is technically correct but also misleading. There are decades of history behind the Entegra line. Entegra coaches are a continuation and upgrade to the very well-regarded Travel Supreme line that was very sucessful for many years until the industry collapse. (Travel Supremes should positively be on the list to be considered by the OP.) Entegra is owned by Jayco, one of those few manufacturers who survived the industry collapse unscathed and who has a sterling reputation gained in over four decades of history building other types of RV's. Entegra alone offers a standard two-year bumper to bumper warranty, while everybody else warrants only one year.

I would sooner buy an Entegra than a Monaco or Country Coach which are or were fine coaches but are now orphans with no or limited remaining factory support. In fact, I had exactly that choice and I bought an Entegra!
Old 04-22-2014, 03:09 AM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
What you say is technically correct but also misleading. There are decades of history behind the Entegra line. Entegra coaches are a continuation and upgrade to the very well-regarded Travel Supreme line that was very sucessful for many years until the industry collapse. (Travel Supremes should positively be on the list to be considered by the OP.) Entegra is owned by Jayco, one of those few manufacturers who survived the industry collapse unscathed and who has a sterling reputation gained in over four decades of history building other types of RV's. Entegra alone offers a standard two-year bumper to bumper warranty, while everybody else warrants only one year.

I would sooner buy an Entegra than a Monaco or Country Coach which are or were fine coaches but are now orphans with no or limited remaining factory support. In fact, I had exactly that choice and I bought an Entegra!
I originally hesitated to comment specifically because I did not want to open Pandora's box. But that doesn't alter the truth of what I said. There ARE no eight year old Entegras, and no one can say how they will hold up through the years.

Here's what I think. They are selling high-end coaches. They place themselves on par with the established industry leaders, and claim a long-term heritage based on the purchase of the Travel Supreme name. Then they devise a product name that sounds strangely like the word "integrity". Is there supposed to be subliminal marketing at work here? If they're so proud of their legacy, why not call their luxury motorhomes "Jayco"? By all accounts the Bontrager family runs a business with great integrity and good family related policies, but I suspect the 40 year reputation of Jayco within the industry rests more on their business acumen and their success at delivering good value at their price point. Jayco for years has produced an honest, eminently mid-range product, but I doubt you'll find too many early 90s Jayco trailers still racking up the miles.

And there's the rub. High-end quality, reliability, and durability are not easy to sustain. You can hire engineers, designers, and MBAs from now 'til Christmas, but if you don't have the internal corporate culture that insists on unquestioned top quality as the unchallenged default starting point, you'll have a hard time holding it together for very long. Entegra is selling their coaches, which they insist are equal to or better than Tiffin, Newmar, et al, for $150 - $200K less. Now you don't have to be a genius to conclude that they're either saying that the established companies are robbing you blind, or they're cutting corners somewhere to reach that price point.

There's a thread right now in the Entegra owner's section that solicits comments from current Entegra owners on things they wish Entegra would change. A lot of the comments relate to the company using cheaper goods or methods where far better is available. In other words, they're building "adequate", which is exactly what they've been doing for 40 years.

I truly wish them well. I hope they can succeed. They make a beautiful machine, by all accounts their customer service is exemplary, and large numbers of people seem very happy with them. Competition is good for the entire industry. My only real point in the original purpose of this thread is that there is not yet sufficient data available to rank Entegra highly in terms of long-term consistency and reliability.
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:42 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
What you say is technically correct but also misleading. There are decades of history behind the Entegra line. Entegra coaches are a continuation and upgrade to the very well-regarded Travel Supreme line that was very sucessful for many years until the industry collapse. (Travel Supremes should positively be on the list to be considered by the OP.) Entegra is owned by Jayco, one of those few manufacturers who survived the industry collapse unscathed and who has a sterling reputation gained in over four decades of history building other types of RV's. Entegra alone offers a standard two-year bumper to bumper warranty, while everybody else warrants only one year. I would sooner buy an Entegra than a Monaco or Country Coach which are or were fine coaches but are now orphans with no or limited remaining factory support. In fact, I had exactly that choice and I bought an Entegra!

Since I have lived full time for 7 years in a now 11 year old Monaco, I'm compelled to respond.

Monaco Coach Corp had wonderful customer support until their bankruptcy in '09. Navistar picked up the baton and CS continued seamlessly on these legacy coaches. Navistar ran into difficulties in their engine building business which precipitated the sale of Monaco to ASV.

Through these 3 business entities I received superb CS. This is on a coach that the last two owners had not produced. If the current Monaco can build a coach with the quality and reliability of the original MCC, they will be a force in the marketplace again.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:01 AM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
JFXG

Well said !
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:35 AM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
All great posts and opinions so far. This may not hold true but my observations say it is, any high line coach will have the same paint scheme on the slides when out. As many have said before, floor plan, chassis, and interior amenities, are all personal preferences.
SteveR161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:49 PM   #39

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I love that last tip about the paint scheme being carried over the entire slide out area on the high end motor homes. I have been scanning all the new rigs that come and go from our RV park and so far your theory has held up each time. I also am paying more attention to brands like American Eagle that have the paint scheme, but I was not that aware of that brand of motorhome. Thanks for the tip.
Philliec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:17 PM   #40

Used Foretravel.....200 and up....
Old 05-08-2014, 11:36 PM   #41

Fleetwood Owners Club
You sound like our family...we have 2 GSD's MiG & Xeena
Xeena(German Shepard)
brian-nicola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:02 AM   #42

Tiffin Owners Club
To add my 2 cents.
these are some of the things that are very important to me.
Floor plan
side radiator, a rear radiator is a show stopper for me
IFS (independent front suspension)

this time we got a coach with Aqua Hot and a tag and love both.

all built by a quality manufacture