Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2013, 05:49 AM   #29

American Coach Owners Club
I had a 38' Fleetwood on a FL chassis and had no issues at all. I had a 43' tag Newmar on a Spartan MM chassis and had no issues at all. I now have a 45' Eagle on a Spartan/Liberty chassis and am having no issues at all. Out of the three, the current Eagle is BY FAR the best, smoothest, and quietest ride. Kinda surprised that the AC line of coaches are not mentioned within this thread.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2013, 06:00 AM   #30

Prevost. Purpose built with fully integrated shell and millions of real road miles. Wonderful ride and capable of 50,000 pounds!

My last coach, a quad slide Beaver, was on a Roadmaster RR10 chassis. My only complaint on that chassis is that Roadmaster, at least in 2008, did not do an all axle alignment or true the drive axle after welding suspension components.

ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:41 AM   #31

To the OP.
The size and age of the motorhome will make a huge difference in chassis choice. Are you looking at 32ft 40ft or 45ft?
okgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:51 PM   #32

Freightliner Owners Club
The FL chassis on our Discovery is the cushiest ride I've ever experienced. I've never noticed any chassis twist. Don't know how it would respond with a front tire blow out and hope I never have to. But we didn't purchase it because of the chassis. The interior colors and layout sold us and the chassis was an after thought. It ended up being a good deal that it was a FL chassis because we have a local FL repair center we can take it to. Is FL a better chassis?....I have no clue. Like I said it was not at the top of our list. Good luck shopping!!
Old 11-27-2013, 02:20 PM   #33

OKGC

I noticed in a thread that you have a 2010 Allegro RED.

I am looking at a 38QBH and would like pro and con feedback. Have you had the cracking roof cap rail problem?

Anything helps…

Del Hoffman
Old 01-17-2014, 12:10 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&SL View Post
“You will be spending a whole lot more time in the interior then driving it down the road.”
Very true, but if it rides like an old lumber wagon you will not like it!!! I do not think you can get a better ride then the S Series chassis. Granted I never drive a Newell coach either and I do not know there chassis. I just like them. Lol We have had no problems with our Sig. or past Executive with twisting or leveling.
I am a Monaco man , but I am considering an older Newell. They have a fine interior, no one else can compare! I had a well to do friend who bought a new Newell every couple of years. He made his millions in trucking , the Newell was as close as he could come to handling like a big rig, and with a better ride. With car trailer he was 80 ft. Long! His Newell was 47 ft long, 2 ft more than legal I guess.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:09 AM   #35

Ive recently purchasted a 1994 Southwind on a Oshcoch chassis. I have not herd eny mention of this manufacturer.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:08 AM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Actually the correct name for the chassis is OshKosh.

Oshosh was purchased by Freightliner.

Freightliner Chassis Owners Club

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 01-17-2014, 08:50 AM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
I too am surprised that American Coach has not been mentioned. The AC Spartan Liberty Chassis is comprised of Spartan Mountain Master, K2, or K3 front and rear clips mated with the AC Liberty bridge and is perhaps the best in class.

Dave
Old 01-17-2014, 09:23 AM   #38

I find it hard to believe that the reliability of any chassis made today is in question. I have only been motorhoming for 14 years and in all that time I have never heard of a chassis failure of any brand. Any brand around today has proved its reliability. If I were to search for another new coach and had a list of 10 priorities, the chassis would be number 10. Every coach manufacturer picks a chassis design that meets their requirements and adds a box to it. The chassis would probably carry that box down the road for a million miles or more, but most won't see 150,000 miles. Just pick the floor plan and options that meet your desires, start traveling and enjoy life.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:33 AM   #39

Can I get any opinions on the Roadmaster RR10S please?

Thanks in advance

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:27 AM   #40

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Canada, eh?
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:07 PM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Since I don't have a tag on my coach I cannot help you with that question, personally.

Roadmaster Chassis

My 8 bag Windsor is built on the next higher level chassis, the S-Series which was named Semi-Monocoque back then. That was one of the major reasons that I bought the 2002 Monaco Windsor.

The very next year, 2003, they made the Windsor with the RR8S chassis.

From reading about people who own coaches on the RR10S chassis they are VERY happy with it's stability and performance on the road.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 01-17-2014, 12:26 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Can I get any opinions on the Roadmaster RR10S please?

Thanks in advance
We had that Chassis for 5 years and it was great, good handling, good in crosswinds. We took our coach into some dry camping spots that it probably should not have been in and we never even cracked a tile or grout line. Sorry to see that it's no longer being used by the new Monaco.