Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2014, 08:53 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
I started out with the Doran RV360 TPMS. Do NOT purchase that unit. It's literally a piece of JUNK.

After more research, I chose the Tire SafeGuard TPMS. I am now a VERY happy camper.

The sales and technical rep, Dion, is very helpful and knowledgeable.

I highly recommend taking a close look at their TPMS before making a final decision. Trust me you won't regret it.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2014, 09:06 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
I've had TST system for 4 years now. NO issues. Changed to their flow sensors last year and really like not having to remove sensors to air up my tires if needed.

I've found Dan (owner) and their customer service to be very responsive.

When I traded my old sensors for the newer flow through they gave me a great price for the older ones.

The new monitor is very easy to program.

Dan participates in the forum to answer questions and address customer issues.
X2! Could not be happier. TST customer service is beyond expectations. Previously we owned the Tire Tracker, Tire Minder, same thing. Lots of problems and Tire Tracker CS was simply put "LOUSY".
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:07 AM   #17

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
Another beware vote for the TST unit. They seized on my valve stems
Interesting ...I couldn't keep them from loosening up and causing flats on my toad! Maybe they changed metals between mine and yours ... I also had lots of failed sensors. I am now into a couple of years with Tire Tracker (understand Tire Minder is same system) and am quite happy with it. Easily changeable batteries, and the sensors are both smaller and lighter than any other screw-on system I have seen.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:08 AM   #18

Many thanks.

I head for the Boston RV Show Sunday and hope to pick up a system. I am favoring the GENCO Tire Safeguard system but the TST 507 looks good as well.

I am 36' towing 18' and Tire Safeguard says no repeater is necessary to reach the trailer. I am curious whether the TST system would need the relay to reach the dash from the trailer.

60Vette
60Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:52 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by al2ride View Post
That's good to know. When I do the maintenance in the spring I'm going to remove them and apply a bit of antiseize on the threats.

We also stop every couple hours. It's good to stretch and take a break regardless how good you feel.
Be very careful with any compound. It's not hard to end up with the compound in the air passage that will block the air from reaching the sensor.

I've had mine on for 4 years, heavy use in the winter on salted roads and have had one seize on to a valve stem.

I saw one picture of a seized sensor but it looked like a thread locker like Locktite had been used. You could see red residue.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:37 PM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
+2 on the Doran being a piece of junk. We had the 760 model with 10 sensors to also monitor the toad. Well the monitors started dropping like fleas at 3 years from dead batteries. Cost per monitor to send back is $50. You can forget it. We just bought a new toad and are getting the TST installed.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:15 PM   #21

tpms

I am on my second TST system, the first system worked great for three years, that's three years on the batteries, a couple of the sensor lost their seals as they had to be removed to air up or down, tst was right there with replacements, no questions asked, traded that system on the new flow through system and new I needed repeater with my race city stretched dolly, and it works awesome, put the repeater in the back closet right next to the fuse box, couldn't have worked better, that was over a year ago. I replaced the batteries this year before our xmas trip to fla, I discovered a few cracked battery covers and some moisture inside the battery compartment, one call and new sensors were on their way, no if ands or butts, theses sensors take a beating especially up here in the north, rain, snow salt, freezing temps, and they stand up, TST has absolutely the best customer service, period, they seem to really care and don't ask anyone to risk their tires, their coaches and their families, good people and that is why I recommend their product to everyone I know, I had a few more questionable sensors and covers, TST said lets replace everything, new tire sensors where needed and new covers on the rest. Yes every once in a while I loose a sensor, every so often they do not read perfect, but I'm not interested in a pound or two here or there, need to know if something is going wrong, if something has a hole in it, if the temps are going high or if there is an imbalance in tires on same axle, and the system does exactly what I need to so I do not have to worry.

Bill
Moxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:28 PM   #22

TST
Excellent customer service. The company really stands behind their products!
3Racers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:16 AM   #23

I must have been the unlucky one with TST. Sensors are not accurate and they never responded to my email.
al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:31 AM   #24

Damon Owners Club
I think this is best of all the systems, as it does not mount to the valve stem.

RV AND RV TRAILER
Mac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:47 AM   #25

TST 507 TPMS INT, internal sensors.

Has anyone "proofed" this out?
Could solve some issues.
Does it create others?

http://www.tpms.com/TST_507_TPMS_INT...07tpmsint6.htm
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:59 AM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have been using the Truckers Supply TPMS since they first came out. I always keep a couple extra sensors as the batteries do run down, but the service from the company has been phenomenal!

I just got the 507 system with the flow through sensors and expect the same good results from them.

The temp and air values have always been pretty darn accurate. You can watch the temps rise as you drive and even tell the effect of the exhaust on the drive wheels.

The really nice thing is the mornings when it is raining and I can check the tires without going outside.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:13 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperhawk View Post
I have been using the Truckers Supply TPMS since they first came out. I always keep a couple extra sensors as the batteries do run down, but the service from the company has been phenomenal!

I just got the 507 system with the flow through sensors and expect the same good results from them.

The temp and air values have always been pretty darn accurate. You can watch the temps rise as you drive and even tell the effect of the exhaust on the drive wheels.

The really nice thing is the mornings when it is raining and I can check the tires without going outside.
funny you mentioned that, my exhaust side temps are always a little higher on the dolly and car tires, guess I am no the only one that figured the exhaust played into the equation

Moxy
Old 01-19-2014, 11:16 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by al2ride View Post
I must have been the unlucky one with TST. Sensors are not accurate and they never responded to my email.

I find that difficult to believe that they even received your email, they have responded quickly and followed up every time I have contacted them, maybe you should try again

Moxy

Tags
tire pressure