Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2014, 08:22 AM   #43

I am new the RV world and needed the tire monitor I waded through all the forums and talked to fellow RVers and purchased TST system have not used it yet due to winter here but a word of caution when buying the system direct from TST I bought the system plus extender and extended warranty. My mistake for not reviewing the purchase closer they charged me 50$ extended warranty on the extender which costs new 50$ so I paid $100 plus for a $50 part. It's my fault I didn't catch it but buyer beware.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2014, 09:03 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fountain42 View Post
I am new the RV world and needed the tire monitor I waded through all the forums and talked to fellow RVers and purchased TST system have not used it yet due to winter here but a word of caution when buying the system direct from TST I bought the system plus extender and extended warranty. My mistake for not reviewing the purchase closer they charged me 50$ extended warranty on the extender which costs new 50$ so I paid $100 plus for a $50 part. It's my fault I didn't catch it but buyer beware.
I would contact them about this to see if they are willing to refund you the $50. Post back here your results.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:14 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
I would contact them about this to see if they are willing to refund you the $50. Post back here your results.
Again I am the one who made the mistake but I am disappointed in TST for this. The bad part is the wife discovered it before me so now I have to answer to her.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:12 PM   #46

For January TST has 10% off and a free 3 year extended warrantee.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:23 PM   #47

I've had Tire Safe Guard for 5 years with no problems. Whenever I've had a question I was able to get a quick answer from either Steve Wong or Dion. Great company and good people.
RJ
Old 01-30-2014, 03:47 PM   #48

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJEV View Post
I've had Tire Safe Guard for 5 years with no problems. Whenever I've had a question I was able to get a quick answer from either Steve Wong or Dion. Great company and good people.
RJ

I like the looks of their system.
oneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:39 PM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spizzer View Post
For January TST has 10% off and a free 3 year extended warrantee.
At what dealer, well about too late anyway. I will be buying in Feburary
Tax refund time you know
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:08 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
At what dealer, well about too late anyway. I will be buying in Feburary Tax refund time you know
It is right on there web site, direct puchase.

Jeff
Old 02-01-2014, 08:59 AM   #51

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gary, I too would recommend contacting Mike at TST. Personally my dealings with TST has been above expectations. Best of luck.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:32 PM   #52

Clay I to had a good dealing with TST but I came forward to help inform other RV owner about this so they don;t fall into the same bad business practice TST is doing. How many other people have gotten taken by them and not come forward? I would rather remain on the sidelines on this so if I have to ever need there help it will be there.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:12 PM   #53

Quote:
Again I am the one who made the mistake but I am disappointed in TST for this. The bad part is the wife discovered it before me so now I have to answer to her.
I wanted clarification on your situation, so I contacted TST and just asked for myself, if I bought the extended warranty offered on the website, what did I get.

Here is their response:

The extended warranty is an additional 1 year warranty, we currently have a 3 year warranty in place on the product when you purchase. If you call your order in we have a 10% discount as well.

Thanks,

Mike Benson
V.P. Domestic and International Sales
4250 Keith Bridge Road Suite 200
Cumming, GA 30041
770-889-9102 office
407-443-0899 cell
770-889-9054 fax
Mbenson@tsttruck.com

As others have said, nice folks to deal with.....I bet if you contact them, they might refund your extended warranty money, if that is what you want.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:23 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
I wanted clarification on your situation, so I contacted TST and just asked for myself, if I bought the extended warranty offered on the website, what did I get.

Here is their response:

The extended warranty is an additional 1 year warranty, we currently have a 3 year warranty in place on the product when you purchase. If you call your order in we have a 10% discount as well.

Thanks,

Mike Benson
V.P. Domestic and International Sales
4250 Keith Bridge Road Suite 200
Cumming, GA 30041
770-889-9102 office
407-443-0899 cell
770-889-9054 fax
Mbenson@tsttruck.com

As others have said, nice folks to deal with.....I bet if you contact them, they might refund your extended warranty money, if that is what you want.
Pasdad this has to do with the extender or repeater what ever it is called. The price for that is around $50 when I got the 2 year warranty it was $50 for the unit and $50 for the extender or what ever it's called. I am upset for them charging me $50 for a $50 part.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:04 PM   #55

Quote:
Pasdad this has to do with the extender or repeater what ever it is called. The price for that is around $50 when I got the 2 year warranty it was $50 for the unit and $50 for the extender or what ever it's called. I am upset for them charging me $50 for a $50 part.
I know why you were upset. I am suggesting they might surprise you and just refund the $50 to make a happy customer. You will never know unless you call or email them. :-)
Old 02-01-2014, 04:29 PM   #56

Doesn't the 1 year extended warranty cover all parts of the unit, display, sensors and "extender". If so the $50 for the 1 year extended warranty would not be just for the "extender", it would be for the unit as a whole. Unless I ma missing something, which is possible.

adonh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire pressure