Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2014, 12:19 PM   #1

What Is The Best Tire Pressure Monitor?

Buying one before I head south 3 Feb.
Quality and reliability and accuracy first - price a distant fourth in importance.

Thanks.
60Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2014, 12:28 PM   #2
Community Administrator

There have been many threads on this topic. Everyone has a favorite. I've used TST for four years. They happen to be a sponsor here. I bought mine before they were. Here's a link to some previous threads.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Tpms...earch=irv2.com

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:50 PM   #3

I'm plan to install a Dill TPMS on our towed vehicle. Checked with Discount Tire who stocks the Dill system and was quoted a cost of around $300 + including installation.

Here's a link to the Dill site if interested: http://www.dillaircontrols.com/files...%20Catalog.pdf

Good luck & safe travels

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:26 PM   #4

We have the Truck Systems TPMS and we are not happy with it. When I installed the sensors I filled and check the tires with my digital gauge exactly to the recommended pressure. Some of the sensors were up to 10 psi off. I verified that the digital gauge was accurate with both my truck and DWs SUV. I sent the manufacturer an email and they never responded. Another thing we don't like is that one of the rear sensors looses connectivity every so often and the alarm is super annoying. I'm going to have to install the extended antenna for better reception.
al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:46 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Another beware vote for the TST unit. They seized on my valve stems and it cost me $250 to have all of them cut off, have the tires removed from the rims to replace the stems then remounted.

Now I use a Dual Dynamics cross fire to keep the rear duals in balance and check the pressure with a gauge every couple of hours. A good friend almost died from a blood clot from driving for too long without a stretch so I try to get out and move around, checking the tires gives me a reason.

There are a few proven systems out there but I only have experience with one.
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:37 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I've had TST system for 4 years now. NO issues. Changed to their flow sensors last year and really like not having to remove sensors to air up my tires if needed.

I've found Dan (owner) and their customer service to be very responsive.

When I traded my old sensors for the newer flow through they gave me a great price for the older ones.

The new monitor is very easy to program.

Dan participates in the forum to answer questions and address customer issues.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:42 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60Vette View Post
Buying one before I head south 3 Feb.
Quality and reliability and accuracy first - price a distant fourth in importance.

Thanks.
As a former Pressure Pro dealer/distributor I bought a TST 507 system.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:45 PM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by al2ride View Post
Another thing we don't like is that one of the rear sensors looses connectivity every so often and the alarm is super annoying. I'm going to have to install the extended antenna for better reception.
I had to do the same thing since we're 41' long. I knew from previous experience with Pressure Pro that I would need it with the TST system.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:50 PM   #9
Community Moderator

if you want THE best, buy the most expensive one - you get what you pay for. but, but, but... some inexpensive ones work too, obviously not the best. i have been using tireminder for two years, they are working flawlessly. The only difference (to my eyes), is the price.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:52 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
http://www.tiresafeguard.com

This is the system I have, I like it and works well. If interested, call Dion Hunter 818-400-9976.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:52 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to CruisinCondo
I installed Tire Safe Guard system. It monitors both psi and temperature. I have had them 4 years now and any issues I have had were resolved. What I like about this system is you don't have to unscrew the sensor to air up. I also monitor my toed while traveling down the road. I paid $590 for 10 sensors plus the wireless monitor; and they attend to most local RV shows here in Southern California. I purchased from GENCO Distributors. Last number I have is 818 400-9976.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:02 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
Another beware vote for the TST unit. They seized on my valve stems and it cost me $250 to have all of them cut off, have the tires removed from the rims to replace the stems then remounted.

Now I use a Dual Dynamics cross fire to keep the rear duals in balance and check the pressure with a gauge every couple of hours. A good friend almost died from a blood clot from driving for too long without a stretch so I try to get out and move around, checking the tires gives me a reason.

There are a few proven systems out there but I only have experience with one.
That's good to know. When I do the maintenance in the spring I'm going to remove them and apply a bit of antiseize on the threats.

We also stop every couple hours. It's good to stretch and take a break regardless how good you feel.
al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:33 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
I second the Tire Safe Guard. I have used them for 4 years and 30K miles. I have monitored the not only pressure but temperature. When I first installed the monitors I could not understand why my left front toad tire temperature was 30 deg. hotter than the other tires. I had thought the brake caliper was slightly dragging to cause the high temperature. Then I realized the MH exhaust was exiting in front of the tire causing of the increased temperature.

Safe travels and THE JOY IS IN THE RIDE
RV735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:45 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Happy with our TST. Second system. Both psi and Temp. Great customer service. I'm sure others are good also - we're just happy with TST.

Tags
tire pressure