Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #15
Winnebago Owners Club
The one in our coach is set at 65 for both wife and self. We liked it so well that when we returned home from a 4 month trip we purchased a king size for home and still use the 65 setting. I weigh 210 and the wife weighs 13 We also put a 2" memory foam topper inside each matress

lwasouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #16
We keep ours with about 30-40 pds as we like a soft bed. We had to try some other pressures until we were happy with our numbers. It does take some experimenting but it is a nice bed when you get it figured out

Ubetcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #17
Country Coach Owners Club
No numbers on ours. We adjust it frequently and individually by side. Elevation of destination creates continual change. After 10 years, we think it works well.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:59 PM   #18
We have a middle of the road Sleep Number in our house. I really like it. Before the Sleep Number, I always thought that I prefferred a firm bed, but I set my Sleep Number on the low end, because the matress conforms to my back better, and actually provides more support as a result. Its counter-intuitive, so someone new to air beds may not figure it out on their own without help. If they are using high settings, or low settings and expecting a certain result, they may be better served to try the opposite end of the pressure spectrum to see if that feels more comfortable.
1993 Fleetwood Bounder M34J, Chevrolet P30, 454 with Banks Power
Rludtke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:15 AM   #19
Monaco Owners Club
I keep mine at 65. I had a problem with comfort also. The number bed people sell a feather top cover. Solved all my problems. It's perfect now. You may want to try that.
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:31 AM   #20
Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
I think my side is at 55, DWs at 45. It is important to read the manual about how to find your number and try different settings for a few nights each. If you still have trouble call them. The people at Sleep Number are very friendly and helpful.

Ours also came with the coach and I don't think we would include one if ordering a new MH. We did have to replace the pump after an electrical problem in the coach (no fault of the SN) and the new one came with a single wireless to replace the two wired remotes and it is much nicer. Finding where Winnebago hid it and replacing it were another story
Mark & Nancy
2004 Winnebago Vectra 40KD
Shep dog, R.I.P. Kenzie dog Toad 2015 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:52 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Wow - great community - thanks for all the responses ! much appreciated...

I guess it's like asking which diesel engine is best or which oil is best

we get all types of responses - and all valid !!!

Will pass along to the sisters and meeting them and the families up for Mardi Gras @ the RV's
If you really are sad and think nobody cares, just try missing a few payments ! '11 Monaco Diplomat 43DFT RR10R pushed by a Demco Excali-Bar II hitch which is pushed by a '14 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport.
JohnBoyToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #22

We started at 50 then moved up then down over the coarse of several nights. In the end 50 is where both sides ended up.

I do like being able to change depending upon how I'm feeling.

One thing we did discover, they do change when there is big temp swings. So we recheck the settings every other night. We change the number then set it back to 50 after it adjusts.
2013 DSDP 4347, all electric, 450 H.P. ISL
Air & hydraulic leveling
14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland toad
PDR John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #23
Monaco Owners Club
We got a sleep number bed for home earlier this year. For both of us it has made a significant difference in our sleep patterns and how our backs feel in the morning. I have number I use most nights but may vary it if I have been working a lot in the yard, etc. We are considering getting one for the motorhome.

I suggest finding a sleep number store, go in and ask for instructions/assistance and tips on finding 'your number'. They have several models in the store to use as exam,ples and the sales staff should be happy to help. It is to the advantage of the company to help you get comfortable.
cpr_vbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Originally Posted by PDR John View Post

One thing we did discover, they do change when there is big temp swings. So we recheck the settings every other night. We change the number then set it back to 50 after it adjusts.
Changes in elevation will also cause changes in firmness which often need to be compensated for.

Rick, Nancy, Peanut & Lola our Westie Dogs & Bailey the Sheltie.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #25
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
I know - personal preference, but how do you find the right number ?

both sisters got new coaches...
one a dynasty and the other a Winn Journey....
both NICE coaches, but both complain about the king sized sleep number bed.

they've both part timed and slept about 10 nites, but still trying to find the confort zone...

Not just 'not comfortable' but very uncomfortable to the point of not sleeping well and rolling together if sides are different #'s...

I suggested they get a nice topper and try it out before swapping out the mattresses....

Will find out the model / age / etc... of the mattresses to see if it's that...
but neither are happy with them thus far...

Your input is appreciated !
The answer is always.. 42
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:26 PM   #26
Monaco Owners Club
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
The answer is always.. 42
The dolphins told me 37....but I have my towel with me just in case.
Sorry, couldn't resist

12 paws, 40 feet and the open road
WheelingIt is offline   Reply With Quote